EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
That big red box? means jack and shit if you are above or below the perimeter box (which you can't see anymore). Your claim is lower than the other one, meaning you can slip under it.
No, they are literally next to each other not above or under, don't be jealous, I'm aware how placing claims works.

rrr_img_59725.jpg
rrr_img_59726.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My oldest turns 5 this week and this was my plan also. Give him a free account once it launches and trade his character max tier axe/pick and let him go at it on his low end rig building him soon.
You wont be able to do that. DG revealed in a recent interview that equipping gear is going to be based on the tiers your character has unlocked through achievements.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It makes total sense but have they explicitly stated they want to copy people's designs for EQN?
As I understand it, they aren't going to just grab random people's builds to stick into EQN. I recall them saying they'll do stuff like release concept art, and make a contest out of who can build it the best, and putthatin EQN, but not just any build they like the look of.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
You wont be able to do that. DG revealed in a recent interview that equipping gear is going to be based on the tiers your character has unlocked through achievements.
Well hell , guess will just have to level him up a max tier gatherer and let him have it at with that then on his own account. Will see what kind of quota to set on him to have at the end of the day.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
One thing that seems awkward is all the gear swapping. Harvesting gear (multiple sets here even), travel gear, crafting gear etc. If you could have a bunch of gear sets you could quickly use it would help, but still it seems like way too much gear swapping is needed.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
One thing that seems awkward is all the gear swapping. Harvesting gear (multiple sets here even), travel gear, crafting gear etc. If you could have a bunch of gear sets you could quickly use it would help, but still it seems like way too much gear swapping is needed.
Really hoping gear set switching is planned and in the works , the gear swapping gets old without even having all the slots filled , will be very annoying with all the slots used.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I am really curious how they plan to implement mobs and combat. They have a good chance to mess things up. The animations and performance are already somewhat shaky.

On the other hand, it what they have in mind comes together and turns out to be fun then EQL will be winning.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A mountain has all sorts of potential - you have a unique setting. Huge opportunity to add massive height, long / high flying walk ways, and staircases that wind for days.

Is it possible to "dig" into the mount and create an internal Temple of Doom / carved setting?
Yes. I had the same idea. I'm not much of a builder though and I don't have most of the tools yet.

rrr_img_59732.jpg

rrr_img_59733.jpg

Raign

Golden Squire
Some of those are amazing. Being the dick that I am.. I built a cute little building that when you walk into it, causes you to fall into a 80' deep pit that requires you to use plat-former skills to slowly work your way out

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And I really like what they've done with the lighting (edit: sorry for the img spam!)...
The lighting in the game is definitely impressive. However, the bump mapping is off the charts. Everything looks like it just came out of a Fisher-Price store. I can't stand when bump-mapping gets overused.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Haha, I started making a maze on a whim awhile ago. I'm three stories in and people seem to love it. Someone got lost in level 2 for awhile and asked me if there was a way out or if I was just messing with people. I'm up to level 3 now, starting 4 tonight. Want to come run the maze? I'm dead south of the spire on Courage server/Alas tier 1. It's close enough to spires that you can't miss it. I'm pretty creatively bankrupt, but people seem to like it and I'm getting a lot of positive feedback.

It's very crude right now. Stone and mud, with gemstones on the doors. I want to repaint the levels with rarer materials and some art on the walls soon. Added a cross-section of the 3 floors so far.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I haven't built jack yet due to initially all the claim issues , but also simply enjoying the running around mining and exploring.

When I do get around to building my square castle that will shame me compared to many of you arteests , I wondered if you get your mats back if you use the erase tool to change something ? Or once you use them they are gone ?