EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Mur_sl

shitlord
Trolls will make it in eventually, and probably within the first 12-18 months. If they don't have a 'race change' paid service I will be shocked, and SOE will be retarded.
In all seriousness, I agree with you. However, if Smedbucks was a real baller, he'd release the game with Trolls, Half-Elves, Gnome, Kobolds, Erudites, and Frogloks, and make every other, (popular), race a purchasable item. He'd need a rake for the cash, and a huge bucket for all the nerd tears that would flow.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Eight is fine, just giving appreciation for under appreciated uglies of EQ1. I'm the guy who would be all for copying and pasting the original EQ roster (Iksar came a year later but Instill consider them part of that crew), and calling it good.

I'm sure trolls fit in a bracket with Ogres, Iksars, etc., I'm content with their choices thus far. I'd probably opt for troll over Ogre but I knew that wouldn't happen. I'll take Iksar over Troll any day though.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
In all seriousness, I agree with you. However, if Smedbucks was a real baller, he'd release the game with Trolls, Half-Elves, Gnome, Kobolds, Erudites, and Frogloks, and make every other, (popular), race a purchasable item. He'd need a rake for the cash, and a huge bucket for all the nerd tears that would flow.
If Dark Elves, Dwarves, Ogres, and Iksar were paid races there would be riots in the fucking streets. Nerds would be throwing weaponized modems through SOE's windows.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This industry is such complete. total. shit.
Oh come on Dumar. Cars have premium upgrade packages. Restaurant menu items allow you to add bacon. You can pay for leg room on a plane. This is not new, it is not unique to gaming, nor is it going away. It is simple revenue management.

Evolve.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
If Dark Elves, Dwarves, Ogres, and Iksar were paid races there would be riots in the fucking streets. Nerds would be throwing weaponized modems through SOE's windows.
I know I would be. ;D I'll probably only have an Iksar as an alt and they weren't even an original race, but it's funny how important they are to me as a EQ playable race. Their locales as the best so hopefully it doesn't take too long to unearth some Kunark area shit.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kerran builds starting to roll in.

rrr_img_71294.jpg

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish they would just "Ready Player One" the whole thing and be done with it.

A PC version of Playstation Home would be the social hub for the game and Landmark would be the building Hub. Add in Planetside 2 as a free module along with EQNext.

The rest would be player made with the Landmark/EQNext tools. Want an EQ1 themed planet? Fine. SOE will lay the groundwork based on voting. The planet will resemble the current world layout of EQ but its up to the players to build it out.

Carve out every zone in EQ and assign them as a module to build. Create test planets and have the players build as many versions as they want. Make deadlines for submission and have players vote on the final version. Then let the player(s) who made the module sell it for in game credits which can be either used in game to by more items or convert to real world cash.

The possibilities are endless and you can make any planet you want. Want a planet with hardcore Pvp? Make it and sell it.

How do you get there? You have to buy a ship, hitch a ride with a friend, or buy transportation credits. Just like the book you need to be careful. Enter a world where the physics don't allow certain things, you character and ship may be worthless there and you could die quickly.

For those who read the book "Ready Player One" (I assume a lot of you here have) you get where I am going. For those who haven't, the book takes about a day to read. Maybe two.

Sony can sell advertising on Home to corporations. Other MMO companies can add their own modules with Sony taking a cut of the sales.

The biggest point here is to make the universe seem as seamless as possible. You log in and want to play on that new PvP planet everyone is playing on currently. You go to your virtual house, load up the correct gear, jump in your ship and fly there. Two hours later you and your friends want to go play EQ. You jump back on your ship and either change gear that you stored there or go back to your virtual house and get your gear. You fly over and play EQ together. Make the universe a "real" place and not just a push of the button.

I could go on and on but this is already too wordy for a morning read. Again, if you read the book I don't need to explain anymore than the first sentence I wrote.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I logged in for the first time in a really long time and I guess caves are in? How do you find them? I just ran around for a few min and dug down for a bit. Didn't find anything.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Never thought about it really, but no I don't RP. I just like Trolls for some reason. I chose Trolls in EQ because of the exp penalties, and SK for the same reason back in the day, and have always preferred them to other races. Face it, Trolls are the master race; period. Who wants to play a faggy Elf, or Assling, or gods forbid a fucking Gnome, when you can be a Troll?
Nothing to add to the Landmark discussion because I haven't played since they announced the upcoming wipe, but I wanted to lend my support for a fellow troll. Troll SK was my one and only character until botting became a thing, even then it was only to support my SK. And one bot was a troll shaman no less.

I'd be much more excited about this game if they announced trolls for launch, but as mentioned I doubt it will happen.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I logged in for the first time in a really long time and I guess caves are in? How do you find them? I just ran around for a few min and dug down for a bit. Didn't find anything.
The hack way to find them is to go to the map. Turn on "show claimable land". Any strange looking red patterns showing are caves. Craft the ground penetrating radar items to find the pocket caves. They don't actually show the cave locations, but the ore/gems that are in them.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
It's already in Beta (though it's far from being "functionality complete"). The road map has specifics, but combat/health/dying system is going in for SOE Live among other things they are holding back for the reveal.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are saying 8 races, but for those of you that dont watch the work shops or anything - youll take home from the Dark Elf one - that you're going to be able to design your character any which a way you like. A Black ass Dark Elf, or a pale white Dark Elf. Both are going to be able to be made. If you want to look like a Wood Elf, you're probably going to have that option, but until the event to add Kelethin, you'll probably just be "an Elf" and not a "Wood Elf." The same can be said for Humans/Barbarians and other similar races. I feel like they are looking at shit in a very Lineage sort of way. Ive noticed races that dont stem from another race are being added to the game. Only the main archetypes, if you will. Theyve already talked about having a design contest for Dwarves, for those of you that care about them.