EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone with a Trailblazers pack gotten bored and want to try out Archeage? I'll do a straight trade of Archeum Founder's Pack for a Landmark Trailblazer pack.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Call me crazy but I am pretty excited to have more burled wood, stucco colours, glass refinement, and props, more so than the half-baked combat v0.01.1.a . I get my MMO fix from FFXIV now so this is all about getting my building fix.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hehe ya in a game where it revolves around building the more item textures and colors the better. I like the changes to the glass as well but they should leave the more old fashion glass as an alternative glass texture as it was really nice if you built something to take effect of its look.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
While the combat still needs a lot of work, I think performance is the biggest thing keeping it down; you can't have FPS-style combat with 10 FPS and super fast moving players. It's way too chaotic and unpredictable. Hell, Planetside 2 is way slower than LM combat right now.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
The whole world still feels like a ghost town. I went to five or six PVP arenas and nobody was there so I logged out. The UI for health, shield and power (or whatever they're called) is atrocious. I know it's placeholder stuff but I feel like there should be a prettier placeholder. I really want to see how all this translates into EQN and how they'll fine tune the whole system because it all seems geared to be a bit more high action than I like my MMOs to be. Frankly, I can't stand the FPS health and shield regen system in theory so here's to hoping the convince me it's a good idea.

Good to see they're working on optimizations next month because it needs it bad. Hopefully they get away from the game looking like melty clay landandget it running a lot better.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I just converted my claim into a PVP Deathmatch game, the combat is wonky but kinda cool to make your own little PvP area. I haven't created anything in a LONG time, basically ever since they said you lose all your shit I lost interest in this game but Ive been maintaining my claim and it has an ideal location for people to easily join in and PvP so maybe I'll get to see some action
biggrin.png

Adventure:Crater is where my claim is. You land in my claim upon zoning in.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
So, they were livestreaming from PAX "http://www.twitch.tv/landmarkgame", and talking to Yogscast getting them to advertise for them.
Also, they're giving out free 7-day keys to anyone if you sign upYogscast Promo | Landmark

earthfell

They won't. Gaming companies are starting to invest heavily in youtubers, twitchers, etc. They call them "influencers." I was at a conference listening to some old marketing douche talk for an hour about how influencers are a much better investment for advertising dollars than traditional advertisements. He looked like he was about to cum in his pants the whole time. It was a 60 year old man sitting next to two 20 year old youtubers who together had 12 million subscribers. Prepare for an astonishing lack of ethics, as youtubers you used to watch for entertainment suddenly begin strategically producing content for their million dollar corporate contract. Then you will be subscribed to the very advertisements you installed adblock to avoid.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
What adult is subscribed to youtubers with millions of subs? Are you telling me you're watching the fucking yogscast when you're 25+?

earthfell

I don't watch yogscast, it's too fucking boring and lame for me. The only person I'm subscribed to that could be called an "influencer" is Sky Williams, and he has about 370k subscribers. He actually does skits with prepared jokes, etc. These people who post garbage of them playing games with boring commentary, yeah my 13 year old nephew loves those. I remember sitting behind him one day when he was 9 and saw him watching video after video of PewDiePie. It all started to make sense.

But even people like Sky Williams would be considered an influencer. The fish rots from the top down, so it's only a matter of time before it comes to the channels I like.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Edit: Code gone

I haven't tried this in a few months any reason to patch up? Sound like combat is very bad.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Edit: Code gone

I haven't tried this in a few months any reason to patch up? Sound like combat is very bad.
Combat doesn't really exist at the moment, They added the ability to attack with a bunch of placeholder abilities and weapons. If you looking for actual pvp or combat I'd wait another 6 months or so.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
I wanted to share some of the community work coming out of the Kerran Workshop for those that don't visit the Landmark forums. The level of detail is really going up considerably and the builds are pretty impressive in my opinion, and I thought that I would share to show off how well people are doing with the current tools/engine.

I won't include any of my own latest work because (a) that would self-serving, and (b) I have been without a computer for 10 days while I move so I have a half finished lighthouse project that isn't ready for showcase.

nlS9ks.jpg

SwH9bv7.jpg

img_20140913-02-00-09_zps0e6e043d.png

OXUGVwr.png

471809Sanstitre5.jpg