Escape from Tarkov

gauze

Molten Core Raider

I like the taste of salt, argues to his friend of why he didn't bring night vision baha.

edit, nvm.. the dude is literally made of money. He is bout to run w/ two thicc cases.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Waiting for Steam Audio before I play this again. .12 was really fun when it came out, but stutters came back and those long queues began quite a while ago and only get worse. Game will be epic with realistic audio cues... and no stuttering.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Game is hard. Im pretty much only doing scavs while i learn customs. Waiting the 20 sucks but i just get work done. The few times i pmc im dead within 5 mins. One time i got face sniped in first 5 seconds lol

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
sigh died quick as scav so went in customs as pmc with an ak just hoping to loot and maybe killed scav or two and get out. spawn at passage between two rocks, make my way over to busses first few minutes, boom dead

I'm having hard time even getting to a spot I can camp/loot/chill for a bit. It's amazing how fast i'm getting buttfucked as a pmc. I see streamers just run all around after spawning in and never run into anyone. Maybe it's a customs thing.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Customs is often involved in quests.
Many players like it for the bottleneck in the middle which forces pvp.

Running with a squad greatly improves survival.

I haven't played in quite a while but the subreddit used to have JAG advertising their newbie fridays. Not sure if that's still a thing.

And yeah the game is damn unforgiving.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Solo play is not generally something that is enjoyable. Even if you do well, 1v4 a squad or something. You'll still get caught unawared by a player scav or more players, or 2 tapped by a random scav that went terminator. Get in groups to wean you into the game and then you'll start to do better solo as a result.

If you want I'm on active discord of all time zones that helps lots of new people and has some good vets. And no PC bullshit, so no worries about thought policing at a raunchy joke or something.

Sludig

Wake me up when they’re done with wipes. This game is taking as long as an MMO.
Wipes will never go away. Plan is to maybe do a persistant server option then the rest "season" based gameplay. The wipes last long enough for you to get everything done then most people actually want a wipe to freshen things up.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Post-wipe is best Tarkov anyway.

I think the game would be great with a PoE style league system, but they really need to overhaul the skill/quest system before they do anything like that.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I used to be pretty anti-wipe, but now that there is more and more time between them I understand why so many people like them.

I agree with Ronne though they need to overhaul the quest/skill systems.

Sludig

Soft wipes that at least let you keep some of the more obtuse/annoying long term skills like health etc as well as maybe keeping completion for certain quests that are kinda the "epic" long/hard grinds. IE kill killa 100 times. Could seperate out items and soft skills/common quests then leave certain skills and "lifetime achievement" type challenges as permanent.

Shmoopy

Been watching Dr. Disrespect stream this. I can tell I'd hate the game due to dark corners, limited sights, sneaking, etc. but its fun to watch on stream.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah this game isn't for everyone. I wonder how much of the new pool of players it has gotten thanks to the drops event and all the big name streamers finally playing it will stay with it.

This game is super hard and super frustrating at times and nothing can fuck up a day like Tarkov

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m a progression-aholic so knowing it’s all getting wiped clean kills it for me. Seasons are fine but it needs to be in game as such and with an overall progression system of some sort.

Malakriss

The devs designed something that goes for EVE's item destruction/insurance combined with diablo inventory & AH, but as a shooter with survival game damage with seasons. Yet the primary gameplay is open loot hunting that doesn't seem suited to most of that, as the RvR is skewed to an obscure quadrant of the graph with large time investments. Player scav mode seems to be the most appropriate to what they're doing but the entire loot system and slow med pace would be a horrible for a BR.

No idea where it will end up but I don't think hardcore adventure mode with surprise PVP is going to work long term. Especially if you have to regrind literally everything reset after reset.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The game is niche and relies on the similar grabs that classic wow release had, where the anxious feelings and rewarding satisfaction tend to win more in the gameplay... a certain intensity for the risk. I believe if season reset weren't a thing, the game could end up more stale when the markets get saturated after a certain period unless they decide to release content regularly. It's a game that puts knowledge before skill.

As far as I read, the reset's won't be bad when the entire flow is down. It gets easier, added with that all the quests aren't in the game currently.. including the mainline quests. The sticks and stones aspect of a fresh start is fun. There just aren't any tact shooters like it. I think its only real competitor is SCUM atm, and that seems really far off. It might not pull fortnite numbers, but it'll have its loyalists for sure.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this game will be the healthiest for the player base and the dev with seasons, there's really no arguing it.

• 1Like