Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
When this game is good, there is nothing like it. When this game is bad... you will want to Summit1g your fucking monitors

*edit* and it changes from day to day with no real reason for it to change
Ancient Aliens guy.meme

“Russians”

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a post up on reddit about how a player's computer couldn't run the game well, requested a refund, they denied it and then banned his account for requesting it.

Russians indeed.

Fadaar

That guy
Holy fuck did an offline raid with a normal loadout (~33 or 34 kg) and this shit is just stupid. Decided to run around Interchange and after getting Killa and just looting his stuff I was up to like 55 kg and completely fucked for movement. Just getting to the extract took 2-3x longer than it needed to.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is ruined is far as I'm concerned. What the fuck is the point of having money/gear if I can't take it in to raid anymore? I can't loot anyone else I happen to kill if I'm wearing any gear myself, so all this does is further encourage the naked mosin/hunter as the only viable way to play.

The forced head-bob while walking is also fucking unreal. I never really have problems with motion sickness in games but I couldn't look at that for more than 5 minutes before I closed the game in disgust.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
BSG says they are going to 'adjust' this as it goes on. The problem I have is what made this game great was it took pvp one step further, rather than PvP being the sole goal, you went one step further and got their gear if you made it out. With the weight system its pvp and then extract cause no way you are taking loot out. Which means every raid is a loss because of ammo costs/armor repair.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Any of you still playing this? I am hearing really good things about it.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Any of you still playing this? I am hearing really good things about it.

I am. Its more or less the same game as its always been. Cool premise, and medium to poor execution of said premise combined with the devs never thinking it would ever be super popular and all the problems that come along with it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's better than it's ever been right now, if you avoid one specific endgame map (labs). Chinese RMT fags basically control that map entirely right now so it's a holocaust in there until they figure something out.

Game is still really rough in some areas, and downright frustrating in others, but there's not much else like it on the market, and the parts it does well it does really damn well.

Now is the best time to get in to it if you're new though. Well, last week was technically, but it just reset everyones accounts to 0 so you'll see less fully geared people right now than you would in say a month.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
The real struggle is getting to level 10 to open up the flea market. Sucks all your item explorations didn't reset on wipe, identifying items at the vendors (especially Fence with his ever changing stock) got me to like lvl 5 without setting foot into a raid when I initially got the game.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
The real struggle is getting to level 10 to open up the flea market. Sucks all your item explorations didn't reset on wipe, identifying items at the vendors (especially Fence with his ever changing stock) got me to like lvl 5 without setting foot into a raid when I initially got the game.

You can reset your character back to nothing on your profile page. This includes forgetting all identified items. It’s great for wipes and mid season resets.

Reset of ingame profile - Escape from Tarkov

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Oh no shit? Was not aware of that, sweet

Edit: Well shit, looks like I can't reset until June 18th. I'm guessing when they say "You can reset profile progress not earlier than 21 days after the previous reset." they mean you can't do it until 21 days after a wipe?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Oh no shit? Was not aware of that, sweet

Edit: Well shit, looks like I can't reset until June 18th. I'm guessing when they say "You can reset profile progress not earlier than 21 days after the previous reset." they mean you can't do it until 21 days after a wipe?

Yes 21 days after a wipe. Day 1 of the wipe people would sell everything they had, give the money to a friend, reset account then take possession of the money they gave to a friend to have a bigger bank to start with from day 1

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They finally fixed the stutters, or at least 95%, which is amazing. For any potential new players, now is actually a really good time to get started, the initial wipe craziness is pretty much over so it's a little less chaotic joining matches that aren't constantly completely full.

Last edited:

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I haven't had any stuttering in the game since interchange release. Before that, though was a shitty time with them.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No stutters but now I get micro lag it feels like in some engagements with people kinda Rubberbanding or otherwise sometimes hiccupping position.

Cheaters are a little more prevalent than usual, the rmt market for the games really taken off and while they are banning a lot now, many take a few days or weeks and in that time they make enough for new accounts.

Even had one come into our discord and stream for a bit before we banned and sent the video in.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the only stutters that are left seem to be entirely inventory/UI related. I never get them just walking around/fighting anymore, but looting bodies or crates etc can still hit you with a nice 3+ second lockup trying to exit the screen.

Definitely an improvement at least.