EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Goodbye local? Comms blackout in nullsec....

Edit. Appears so. Cloaking ships sold out and massive spike of number of trades in Jita.

Local chat in all nullsec space will be switched over to delayed mode. This means that it will behave as local chat in wormhole space, with pilots only appearing in the local population listing should they choose to post messages.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Blobs probably going to be getting a lot bigger because anyone who isn't in one sitting under supercap umbrellas is going to have a very bad time.

Borzak

Nullsec blackout with local like wormholes (IE nothing till you talk) starts Friday. The panic has already set in. Don't know if people coming back or dumping plex they already owned. Plex prices dropped from 4.4m just recently to 3.7m now. So 500 down to 1.9b down from 2.3b just a short while ago. Same for injectors.

Borzak

Blackout ineffect. People went full retard. Zkillboard is now just a black page. r/eve is shut down. Full blackout. Numbnuts.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Cloak and dagger is always more fun imo. zkillboard is a bit extreme but meh. You could have just set a delay on posting.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Popped in to laugh, the local change is something you try to force when the game is popular not on the decline. Ded game and they are killing it faster.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Popped in to laugh, the local change is something you try to force when the game is popular not on the decline. Ded game and they are killing it faster.

People have been asking for this change for years. Its the pandering to carebears that is not popular except to people whose actions result in decline for MMO's. The less Eve caters to soggy carebears the better.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Yes, it's the reason why wormholes were so good. And they are trying to combat botters, reduce structure sprawl, and reinvigorate the economy. It's the most positive stuff I've seen in years.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Taking local away from nullsec doesn't make it like wormholes, it makes it wormholes retarded cousin. Wormholes have all sorts of things that work in conjunction with the lack of local for intel that nullsec does not.

My guess is by the time this is over, assuming they go back to having local, there's going to be cloaked supers/covert cynos logged out EVERYWHERE (except the supercap umbrellas where they'll just get counter-dropped and die).

Last edited:

Borzak

CEO of CCP wakes from multiyear coma. First the blackout and now this.

n9jgl9c5cda31.png

• 1Worf

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
As an old Eve player there is a shit ton of stuff I would love to have done differently had I been a Dev. Part of me is hoping for an Eve 2.0, but that will never happen, and changes are tough.

Borzak

CCP Falcon commented on Eve 2.0 or a server reset just last week. Would be the dumbest thing ever to throw away 17 years of stuff....

New structures on test. Guessing new structures to be built to bring back or replace local. Grrr.

er6sy6aflna31.jpg

Last edited:

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Blackout ineffect. People went full retard. Zkillboard is now just a black page. r/eve is shut down. Full blackout. Numbnuts.
I havn't played in years, couldnt get fully into it, but I check in out of curiosity from time to time. Can you explain what happened here a bit more? Why a reddit would close over it? What exactly this did to carebear things up, because I thought there was some kind of scanning or other methods to hunt down plebs ratting and such.

Borzak

Sludig Sludig

Blackout was local in nullsec was turned off. CCP has said for years they wanted it turned off at CCP Vegas and Fanfest. I think mostly it was turned off because of the botting in null. Bots would look at local and see someone "new" entered the system and dock up while ratting for isk. Without local they couldn't do it.

Doesn't matter now. CCP disabled blackout and turned local back on after 2 months. They turned it back on last week. Player numbers online took a pretty sharp nosedive. Right before blackout ended at 10pm US prime time player numbers were getting down to 10k-12k a night. Even during European prime time which is normally the most players of 30k+ it got down to 22k and such. So local in nullsec worked like local in wormholes. Showed nobody till someone talked in local.

Supposidly all that was part of the "age of chaos" according to CCP. The blackout to cut down on bots. Upping taxes for selling stuff. The amount of inflation from bots and people who semi afk at most to rat for isk.

They introduced some cyno changes so only a few ships in the game now can use a cyno to jump capital ships in to respond to stuff. No more cynos on free rookie ships. 1/2 the recon ships can use them now, industrials, and black ops. That's it.

The price of plex in game magically went up pretty sharp when they turned local back on. CCP put a sale of 25% off for a month sub if you were't subscribed at the time/an omega not a free to play alpha player. I haven't logged in for a while. I read reddit tho to kind of keep up on it.

Lot of it came about because CCP introduced free to play characters and skill injectors. So peple could magically go from a character made 30 minutes ago to one that could fly a capital ship or even a titan in a matter of minutes. Lot of people injected for capital ships, even the capital miner the rorq. When the rorq was introduced it could mine enough to buy 500 plex (enough for a month sub) in 3 hours. That didn't last long. It was still strong. In total it had 3 nerfs. Not only could it mine extremely well with capital mining drones it had a pretty massive tank and could buff shield tank for those in fleet.

The monthly economic report of all isk making and such in eve got really out of whack afterwards. Inject to fly a rorq. Fly rorq for a little while. Have enough isk to inject skills to fly capital. But capital. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So almost like a dirty pleb like me could get started. Pretty early like 2007 or 9 i played for 6 months, then a couple other 2 month stints.

Game is ancient, anyone able to like play on a tablet or virtual into pc at home? Usually have free time on nightshift.