EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They have a mobile game of eve type game now that just entered alpha. I haven't followed it. Apparently you fly a spaceship and upgrade and such. If it's like any other game CCP has started other than Eve. It will go down in flames shortly.

You can play for free and earn skill points up to 5 million at 1/2 the pace of paid subscribers in Eve. So can start playing for free and see if you like it. The tutorial sucks, just a fair warning.

You're limited to 5m skill points. Can only fly tech 1 ships of all races (no new triglavian ships that were just introduced). Some tech 2 modules for ships. Tech 2 small drones (but you can use faction medium and large drones which is pretty good), no sentry dones (drones that sit in place and fire, don't move). Tech 2 guns and missiles of small and medium size. No large. So basically can do a lot of stuff, enough to play around and see if it interest you.

If you start a new character just a heads up. Doesn't matter what race you pick. You can fly any other races shps and such if you train the skill. Only difference is the starting skills you start off with, which isn't much.

Get a friend referal code. You get a 1million skill point bonus for using the code. PM me if you need one. You can also make an account and start a character. Give yourself (other account) the referal code, which is what I did for a second account. The user of the referal code gets 1 million SP. If the account that used the code pays a month subscribtion the person who gave out the code gets some stuff that sells for 500 million isk and such. I think if you start a new character on referal now they get an in game email from CCP giving the person a 50% discount for a month sub for the first time, good for a few weeks. So $7 or such.

Borzak

Here's the new mobile game that's in alpha. I had to look it up. Some people I've said it's not half bad which is kind of a suprise.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

The Eve mobile game is actually called Eve Infinite Galaxies I found out. I think it's still in alpha/beta. I guess Echos was their codename.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So... Any drama yet? Once again, this is the best game to not play and just read about once a year on a forum.

• 1Like

Borzak

CCP is trying to bump up the player count again apparently. Kill 1 NPC and get 10,000 SP, 5 NPC and get 25,000 and 10 (I think) get 50,000 SP added to your character. Resets every day at downtime so once a day you get between 5k and 50k SP for killing a few rats alpha and omega, it's random which amount your mission is for each day. In the last year they've really pushed the free SP deal. Once it was more for Omega than alpha and such. My main is up to just under 2m unallocated SP from free skill stuff in the last year. Has really put a dent in injecter prices.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
CCP is trying to bump up the player count again apparently. Kill 1 NPC and get 10,000 SP, 5 NPC and get 25,000 and 10 (I think) get 50,000 SP added to your character. Resets every day at downtime so once a day you get between 5k and 50k SP for killing a few rats alpha and omega, it's random which amount your mission is for each day. In the last year they've really pushed the free SP deal. Once it was more for Omega than alpha and such. My main is up to just under 2m unallocated SP from free skill stuff in the last year. Has really put a dent in injecter prices.
Until they remove the blocks on what an Alpha can learn, I still have no interest in playing for free. Being stuck in a Venture or not being able to spec into higher tier destroyers / cruisers / battlecruisers is just too restrictive.

Borzak

The mining ship is the only one you're are restricted from doing something useful. A lot of alphas I've seen on the forums, streaming are fitting the Praxis (the cheap battleship that gets bonus to all weapon types) and were able to do the new emerging conduits which are part of the new invasion deal. I think they average 20-25m isk for about 10 minutes of work. As long as you concentrated your free alpha on ship, and weapon type I think you could make up to a decent battlecruiser or possibly battleship. Just pick a fit and skill for that over time for free. You just couldn't branch out into other skills on that one character. But you can make as many alphas as you want lol. One for each ship type or weapon type.

The venture was obviously to cut down on armies of bots mining using a better mining ship. I used a venture a few times for shits and giggles. It's not a bad gas mining ship. I think in one ore hold it holds 20-30m isk of gas, and the ship is damn near free. Just use it in a wormhole and mine gas. Of course the skill book for gas mining is 30m

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The mining ship is the only one you're are restricted from doing something useful. A lot of alphas I've seen on the forums, streaming are fitting the Praxis (the cheap battleship that gets bonus to all weapon types) and were able to do the new emerging conduits which are part of the new invasion deal. I think they average 20-25m isk for about 10 minutes of work. As long as you concentrated your free alpha on ship, and weapon type I think you could make up to a decent battlecruiser or possibly battleship. Just pick a fit and skill for that over time for free. You just couldn't branch out into other skills on that one character. But you can make as many alphas as you want lol. One for each ship type or weapon type.

The venture was obviously to cut down on armies of bots mining using a better mining ship. I used a venture a few times for shits and giggles. It's not a bad gas mining ship. I think in one ore hold it holds 20-30m isk of gas, and the ship is damn near free. Just use it in a wormhole and mine gas. Of course the skill book for gas mining is 30m
I'm not reinstalling, I'm not reinstalling, I'm not reinstalling.....

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

I wouldn't. I'm not subbed even tho it's 25% off right now. And if you went alpha it would take a while to get some SP. You train at 50% speed as omega. Unless you use a referal code, 1m sp, buy the starter 1m sp for $5, and get a 1/2 off first month sub. Can use those to get a quick boost starting an alpha.

The TQ server which is the normal non test server for the western world is kind of seeing a Chinese invasion en masse moving off their server to TQ.

Borzak

I lied. I used plex on one of my accounts just to try out the new emerging conduits which are soloable invasion deals. I've seen up to 3 people at a time running them. Mostly battleships. I like playing around with fits. I tried out all the battleships hulls I had and might try some more. Their triglavian and the first two waves just need some tank. But lots of electronic warfare. Target painted, webed, scrammed, disrupted, and several others I didn't even click on to see. The third wave can be pretty brutal. The cruiser throws out some good dps, they ramp up the longer they attack. All the stuff orbits at 6k which is easy to web, or double web in my vindi. The cruiser at 16k. Out of web range unless I overheat.

Doesn't really pay much but it's quick, takes about 10 minutes to kill all the stuff and then a little extra time to salvage the stuff since that's where the money comes from. So far used a rattlesnake, praxis, vindicator. Might try a machariel next. Double web vindi, with 5 in gallente bs, 5 in minmater bs, and 5 in large hybrids gets out with about 10-40% armor normally. See a lot of people using a triple rep triglavian battle cruiser. I'd have to inject sp for it, but I have more than enough to lvl 5 the weapon and the hull from unallocated sp.

Oh and the next update they're changing bookmarks to allow alliance bookmarks. More folders and stuff. The shit part is no more trading bookmarks unless you're in the same corp or alliance. So there goes my money making of buying DED sites and running them, buy from people who can't run them. Win/Win for me and them. I think you can put an experiation on bookmarks you make as well.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I reinstalled. Then thought it over for a day and uninstalled. Just can’t get motivated to play alpha.

Borzak

It would be hard playing an honest new player alpha. I play alpha from time to time just because my main goes down to 20m sp while an alpha and is somewhat usable. Would be really usable flying the gila, but they just removed medium drones from alphas. Too many bots I think.

Borzak

CCP breaking stuff as usual on patch day. Bought a new triglavian battle cruiser, used my 2m unallocated sp and got my fit ready to go. Log out for downtime. Log back in and warp to the emerging conduit site. Hmmm this ship sure warps freaking slow, let me look at it's speed. Not bad 3au/s. Hmm oh wait it's 20billion AU away instead of 5-10au as normal. After 10 minues of warping I shut the client down. Logged back in and I'm still warping to it. Shut it down again and finally I can warp to a citadel. They tried to spread the conduits out that have been spawning 1-2 au from each other and they respawn soon as you finish one. Lot of post on the forums and reddit of people have 50 billion au distance to warp to. You have to petition a GM to get out of the warp.

No word yet if the bookmarks you make while warping there will be a super deep bookmark that is usable.

Brilliant. Someone was working up the time it would take to warp and it was some astronomical (see what I did there) number like 3,000 years.

The professer that headed up Project Discovery where you search for exoplanets in game looking at the data won a Nobel prize. He's given a few talks on the eve project discover and it's his name/face on the UI.

2u4WPJc.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish I could like this game. It sounds so interesting reading about it. Even the poorly implemented changes that bugged out seemed interesting. :(

Borzak

CCP announced today using any of the super deep bookmarks to place citadels would result in the citadels either being removed/destroyed or moved. Of course it's high sec so not a huge deal. If it had happened in null then they would have had something.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I wish I could like this game. It sounds so interesting reading about it. Even the poorly implemented changes that bugged out seemed interesting. :(

I loved Eve until my very first major corp battle. We where running in squadrons to the enemy citadel and it felt like a real military operation. Then we warped in to the fight and it was a total slide show even on my top of the line gaming PC.

I asked if I was doing something wrong and they said that's the game and time dilation is a real thing.

Never logged on again.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I loved Eve until my very first major corp battle. We where running in squadrons to the enemy citadel and it felt like a real military operation. Then we warped in to the fight and it was a total slide show even on my top of the line gaming PC.

I asked if I was doing something wrong and they said that's the game and time dilation is a real thing.

Never logged on again.

It was far worse before time dilation. It would essentially be the same, but it was a crapshoot of what would actually go through and what wouldn't. You could spend 10 minutes waiting for a single volley to go off, but you really died 5 minutes earlier, not that you'd know it.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Never logged on again.

For time dilation to kick in and stay through a fight you need a lot of people fighting. Atleast high triple digit i guess. TD can happen with less people while jumping into a system or warping on grid, but this will usually resolve pretty fast. The new 64 bit client also helps to decouple real server lag (TD) and client lag while loading/displaying assets (much less than before).

Borzak

Jita 4-4 gets bigger every day after downtime. They have scaffolding up for the construction of making it larger. Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that after it gets finished someone is going to come back after a break and their instadock or undock bookmarks are fubared.

Or after a month of building a new model for 4-4 players up and decide on a new station lol.