Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mabbu is the ron artest of eq. Tyen is the magic johnson.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Newb Zone ---> Unrest --> Guk --> The Hole (if it's open by then). That's the default route for most people working with the LFG tool.

So you go to unrest at 6ish? I thought Nro/Sro until 12 then Unrest or guk? My group is insisting on Upper Guk at 10ish instead of Unrest and I just have a bad feeling about that. I know you want Lavastorm in there around 25ish-35?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nah, so there's definitely some wiggle room depending where you are, but most people do lvl 5 in newbie zone and then depending if you've got orc camps or skeletons or lizardmen camps etc, going to 10-11ish. At 11 you can do Unrest graveyard.

There are obviously MULTIPLE places to level. Oasis crocs are amazing lvl 9-17ish. Best quality of life camp. The problem is they don't drop loot. So good luck buying your spells/gearing there. Upper Guk is an excellent place for loot/exp, but CC is a must. Mobs run early and often, social aggro is a problem, and mobs heal/nuke through walls all the time. The exp modifier there is really good though. It can take you to lvl 30 there fairly easily at which point you just go into Lower Guk.

Lavastorm is mostly a thing of the past. Boxers and soloers maybe, but it's not a worthwhile place to be anymore. Same can be said for places like Highhold Pass and Highhold Keep. I went in HHP earlier to check the camps and they really fucked that place up. 7ish minute spawns are good, but there's not nearly enough mobs to keep pace with a full group.

Could also go into Sol A around lvl 20ish and work your way up to Sol B and basically do all of 20-50 in those two zones alone if you can stand it.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Upper guk is 2nd after unrest in xp, but it has issues with mobs having a wide level range and is a lot more difficult to keep pull volume down. Sol A is your best xp in the 20s but because its a ton of casters and fire resistant and/or unrest is #2 and you're probably already there, it gets underused.

For 30+ your options become lguk, solb, oot, or perma basement. So not much wiggle room until hole opens.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Play on Brekt. Basically the same without hyperinflation. Very low pop atm, though
Brekt was fun for me at first, but then the multiboxing autists that OCD lockdown 15+ year old content moved in, and I could never find anything up. Brekt would have been a perfect little sandbox server for me if they threw in AoC's, but allow boxing.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
You coming to Selo, a_skeleton_02? I miss you trying to hold us hostage for Kunark quest mobs and failing when we wouldn't pay up.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Reaction heard: “Is that ice t talking shit to Amtrak, am I too high?”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user