Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Vedette

<Donor>
After playing NW, bring back corpse runs, and let the pixels delete if they can't get their shit. The salt mined from this, and people bidding for their backup sets will be worth it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bring back sense heading.

#makeTrueNorthorDroppingYourSwordSoITfacesNoRthGreatAGAIN

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We're lucky to be able to raid open world at this point with how watered down and soft the game is now. Crazy they havent released even dates let alone rulesets yet.

• 1Like

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Maybe I'll give this a shot, even though I considered Agnarr my last run through this game.

I really wish they'd do Combine/Sleeper style unlocks with a progression tracker, maybe expanded a bit to include more stuff. The problem is that it's trivial for people to accomplish everything in an expansion within a month, especially with instances. A solution would be to add a "hard mode" of each raid boss, maybe with some new and slightly improved loot. But the difficulty increase has to be more elegant than just increasing damage / HP / resist numbers, as that just throws balance way out of whack.

That would be ideal imo, but yeah probably way too much work for the current group of hacks running this game.

Figure out how to police multiboxing, make it one box, have all dungeon zones with nice exp +, have dungeons with any + exp require a full group.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I'll give this a shot, even though I considered Agnarr my last run through this game.
56038256.jpg

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Figure out how to police multiboxing, make it one box, have all dungeon zones with nice exp +, have dungeons with any + exp require a full group.

they'll never do this. multiboxing makes them more money. not enough new single boxers would sign up to make up for the loss of all the multiboxers.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they'll never do this. multiboxing makes them more money. not enough new single boxers would sign up to make up for the loss of all the multiboxers.

I could get on board allowing everyone 1 box. Everyone should have a PC capable of running 2 instances of EQ and most people have 2 monitors. Would make fielding certain things for raids so much easier. Never go back to servers with no box rules, having to fight against people bringing 24+ characters per person is just asinine.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

I really wish they'd do Combine/Sleeper style unlocks with a progression tracker, maybe expanded a bit to include more stuff. The problem is that it's trivial for people to accomplish everything in an expansion within a month, especially with instances. A solution would be to add a "hard mode" of each raid boss, maybe with some new and slightly improved loot. But the difficulty increase has to be more elegant than just increasing damage / HP / resist numbers, as that just throws balance way out of whack.

That would be ideal imo, but yeah probably way too much work for the current group of hacks running this game.

Doesnt have to be better loot, just more loot. +1 drop per boss of hard mode.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

False. Their truebox server was an overwhelming success. The ones immediately before it had the worst tlp boxing and were constantly joked about as dead servers.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So far the only TLP of the recent era to really fall on its face was Lockjaw. Six month unlock timers plus full boxing and it was reduced to private server status less than one month in to Kunark. Coirnav and Agnarr both had fifteen or sixteen different guilds clear Vex Thal. That's a huge success even if they didn't have the kind of crazy numbers that Phinny did.

Sterling

El Presidente
Problem with Lockjaw is it was a hamfisted method to alleviate the launch population of RF, when that would have taken care of itself in a couple of weeks when people went to more normal life schedules.

Same shit likely to happen with these new servers. One will be dramatically more popular than the other and the shitty one will be close to DoA.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Six month unlock timers plus voting (the ruleset that was voted for on the official forums) was just ass. When LJ finally got Kunark it took all of two weeks for everyone to figure out that they weren't going to kill Trak and they weren't going to see VP until they were allowed to by the top guild. Oh, and there's this brand new server launching with three month unlock timers and no voting and instanced raiding? Nearly everyone bailed on LJ for greener pastures and they were right to do so.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
False. Their truebox server was an overwhelming success. The ones immediately before it had the worst tlp boxing and were constantly joked about as dead servers.

their "true box" server also had a LOT of boxing.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
their "true box" server also had a LOT of boxing.

Nothing like LJ/RF though. Where 1 PC with isboxer could run 6-10 accounts if not more. Anything bigger then 2 box was pretty rare on Agnarr, at least in my experience.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Six month unlock timers plus voting (the ruleset that was voted for on the official forums) was just ass. When LJ finally got Kunark it took all of two weeks for everyone to figure out that they weren't going to kill Trak and they weren't going to see VP until they were allowed to by the top guild. Oh, and there's this brand new server launching with three month unlock timers and no voting and instanced raiding? Nearly everyone bailed on LJ for greener pastures and they were right to do so.

on one hand, instancing makes the game boring and crushes player involvement, since everyone has their own sandbox there is no rivalry between guilds and there are very few emotions involved

on the other hand, the great majority of the current EQ audience only wants to play ez-mode eq

this is why we can't have nice MMO's

i'd rather have my trak stolen and train the fuckers that did it the week after, then kill an instanced trak every week

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
on one hand, instancing makes the game boring and crushes player involvement, since everyone has their own sandbox there is no rivalry between guilds and there are very few emotions involved

on the other hand, the great majority of the current EQ audience only wants to play ez-mode eq

this is why we can't have nice MMO's

i'd rather have my trak stolen and train the fuckers that did it the week after, then kill an instanced trak every week

You played live nice, you and I must be the only 2 people on the forums who likes that type of old school EQ. The problem nowadays on the TLPs is you get the losing guilds who try to form coalitions and then will poopsock which isnt worth competing against in a 20 year old game.

Also Ragefire died too, let us not forget without competition and then forced rotations which made 60% of our hardcore players quit in classic. TL had to split into 2 guilds and race against Zama + Toxn boxing in TLG to even survive into Kunark with a skeleton crew of us.

• 1Picard

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
You played live nice, you and I must be the only 2 people on the forums who likes that type of old school EQ. The problem nowadays on the TLPs is you get the losing guilds who try to form coalitions and then will poopsock which isnt worth competing against in a 20 year old game.

Also Ragefire died too, let us not forget without competition and then forced rotations which made 60% of our hardcore players quit in classic. TL had to split into 2 guilds and race against Zama + Toxn boxing in TLG to even survive into Kunark with a skeleton crew of us.

I think Ragefire would have been a success if the timers were 3 months with no vote. I think the biggest success of Phinny was the known schedule and instances. Everyone points to the true box aspect, but it is more likely the instancing and quick expansion timers that really appealed to people.

I had a ton of fun on Ragefire in the beginning racing against the couple guilds that tried. It was just wayyyy too long with no new content.