Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This will be you day one. You know you wanna rock some Gebs with me.

My main interest in this server with the quick unlock time is playing some of the 85+ content.

I'd love to work through House of Thule group content and later with friends while the server population is alive and not a ghost town.

And if an expansion sucks it's just a month wait until something new and shiny gets dropped to check out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
My main interest in this server with the quick unlock time is playing some of the 85+ content.

I'd love to work through House of Thule group content and later with friends while the server population is alive and not a ghost town.

And if an expansion sucks it's just a month wait until something new and shiny gets dropped to check out.
Yeah like 2 months in DoN and PoR is gross. DoDH isn't bad, there's a lot of shit there, but those level 70 expansions go on forever.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
That's the only website.

Fact is most UI developers have quit this dumpster fire of a game.

Usually fixes are easy and quick. You could probably develop enough skill in 5 minutes.

Tarmie

Golden Squire
Luclin models looked better in screenshots due to better detail but there was something horribly off-putting about how they moved around in game in addition to how they seemed to lack that je ne sais quoi with character and personality of the faces. Hard to describe. Basically:

Luclin models were good at looking nice in 2d planes / screenshots
Vanilla models were good at looking nice in 3d planes / movement in-game

I'm an -old models with velious textures or die- kinda gal and was eternally irked that I couldn't use a horse mount with old models.
I find it very easy to describe, at least for half elf models. The arms on the old models move forward and back while running, the way arms on bipeds do.

In the new models, the shoulders move up and down like they are in a constant shimmy and the arms go side to side in a retarded sloppy charleston kind of way.

Barbarian faces look like human Shrek.

Ogres stand at a 45 degree angle to the normal.

Trolls have bellies like green Ethiopians.

High elf male plate has a broom on the helm.

All buttcracks are 50% too long.

They don't close their left hand around held weapons.

Ogres run on treadmills.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
GoD is amazing dude
GOd did have one of my favorite Raids. Inktu'ta was fun as shit. Mind you, i dont play mmo's anymore and i havent since 2009, so i dont know what the fuck is out now as far as raids go.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
GOd did have one of my favorite Raids. Inktu'ta was fun as shit. Mind you, i dont play mmo's anymore and i havent since 2009, so i dont know what the fuck is out now as far as raids go.

GoD is so much fun now that it fixed, you can do Tunat with 20 people nowadays even in a smaller guild.

Did any changes get posted over long weekend or is did the people with the pitchforks calm down?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
GoD is so much fun now that it fixed, you can do Tunat with 20 people nowadays even in a smaller guild.

Did any changes get posted over long weekend or is did the people with the pitchforks calm down?

Expecting changes Tuesday. Nothing official has dropped yet.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do you expect changes today? Just curious.

I expect dbg is meeting on it today. If that results in their cs relaying anything, enforced silence, or follow up scheduled prior to that? No idea.

yerm

So I have this ridiculous idea for a hardcore eq experience I want to run by you all before I pitch it. I got good feedback on my level capped post-classic idea here, this is different and IMO better...

Remove all AOCs. Remove the ability for MOTM flagged mobs to respawn or for instances to unlock. Remove "initial" lockouts upon immediately opening an instance or, if necessary to prevent spam, limit it to a matter of minutes and have them break the next rule. Have instance lockouts be serverwide.

Set a number of predetermined times, eg 5pm pst monday and thursday plus noon saturday. At each of these times, ALL raid mobs respawn and ALL lockouts immediately end. This simulated the race experience of expansion opening. You cannot poopsock more than one mob.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
meh would still just result in everyone sitting on whoever most important mob 01's nuts to try to get the max value....take kunark if you want in VP you gotta kill trak..would have every guild that cared sitting in the lair throwing down for that trak every time especially if they know the exact time of spawn..

I think you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist, you're trying to create races when the general population does NOT want that. They just want to do their AoC's at their pace and move on without worrying about people like us rolling over them and ruining their night. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

With that said I loved your previous idea because i think it brings a whole new challenge to the high end game, and enables you to see just how far you can push it at a given level actually providing difficulty beyond who can get there first, which is something this game doesn't really have at the progression level at least anymore.

Sterling

El Presidente
Interesting, but yeah if you choke pointed other guilds by keeping a specific key mob down or something, you could still just have the end zone to yourself. Not sure that would fly with how things work these days.

yerm

Ok. What about not doing any of the first part and leaving in aocs, and just having a single "spawn day" each week where it insta respawns any dead motm mobs? You still get your instances and normal stuff but each week at whatever time you also get that race.