Everquest 3 - 2028?

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
At least they kinda realize they own it... and are "planning" to "start" doing "something" in 2 years ;-)

Watch them remember they own the IP and decide to outsource a predatory microtransaction-fuelled "Everquest" mobile app to a Chinese company.

1695460264571.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nice by 2028 I should not only be wearing diapers, but will likely have a feeding tube as well. More time for Raiding!
Entering your Matrix-tube phase, nice! Sounds like an ideal retirement.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Every MMO based on a unique IP or a non gaming IP has failed. Nobody is playing Everquest these days (3500 a day apparently) so nobody is waiting for a sequel.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

LOTRO is a non gaming IP that's still going strong. DCUO is a non gaming IP that hasn't failed. FF14 is a sequel to a successful MMO and failed

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched the presentation; CEO seems like he's not a total retard. Who knows, we might get a new EQ some decade.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Same attitude I had toward Pantheon, sounds interesting, will definitely check it out if/when it releases, but zero chance I'm gonna throw a bunch of money at these guys until something concrete is actually created.

Of course there will be bigger nerds than me that are drooling at the prospect of throwing a few thousand into kickstarters or whatever they offer.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Want procedurally generated quests, dialog unlimited content

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Lol what?

Define going strong and failure please.
Yeah, FFXIV is making money had over fist and has millions of subs. LOTRO is on life support and in DBGs stable for old and dying MMOs now.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol what?

Define going strong and failure please.

Yeah, FFXIV is making money had over fist and has millions of subs. LOTRO is on life support and in DBGs stable for old and dying MMOs now.

Sorry, didn't realize you guys didn't know shit about shit.

The original FF14 was a train wreck and shut down after a year or two. LOTRO has never shut down and still makes money and receives content updates

• 2Like
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sorry, didn't realize you guys didn't know shit about shit.

The original FF14 was a train wreck and shut down after a year or two. LOTRO has never shut down and still makes money and receives content updates
Yeah, millions of subs right now is such a train wreck. Yoshi P cries himself to sleep every night after taking a swim in his Scrooge McDuck yen vault. I wish I could be that sort of failure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, millions of subs right now is such a train wreck. Yoshi P cries himself to sleep every night after taking a swim in his Scrooge McDuck yen vault. I wish I could be that sort of failure.

The original FF14 shut down. What exists today isn't the original FF14. What part of this are you too stupid to understand?

• 1Potato