Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just ded with efreeti up cos i was chatting. God damnit. 2 spawns in a row. Prob had ring. gonna lose camp now. Fuck a duck. Now EoE gonna take camp. God damn he sent me a tell the MOMENT i zoned out and said "not in zone???"

The faceless guys beat the EOE guys as I sent them a tell. Another pair of boots so Im not too salty that i died.

Also what the shit is up with mem blur LYING to my face?? Puts me out of combat, okay, so mem blur worked yeah? NOPE, think again sucker. You'll never know until the train comes.

TLDR: So I died while fighting my 2nd Efreeti in a row because I was typing a novel in wizard chat to explain a quest to them and charm broke and I panicked and no hotkeys worked. 2 people rushed over to efreeti cos one somehow knew the second i left the zone. Faceless beat EoE who was running there, and then res'd me up. They came from another instance they were waiting around to open up. So now they've taken main where I was and I took 2nd where they were (nobody here but me). Lost the boots of course, but at least I have my own efreeti camp again and so far 0 in zone.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Freeti is the gayest camp in Classic IMO! But it does create good drama.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
apparently no one has 22 hides cause fuck level 22s they arent rich enough lol

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Just ded with efreeti up cos i was chatting. God damnit. 2 spawns in a row. Prob had ring. gonna lose camp now. Fuck a duck. Now EoE gonna take camp. God damn he sent me a tell the MOMENT i zoned out and said "not in zone???"

The faceless guys beat the EOE guys as I sent them a tell. Another pair of boots so Im not too salty that i died.

Also what the shit is up with mem blur LYING to my face?? Puts me out of combat, okay, so mem blur worked yeah? NOPE, think again sucker. You'll never know until the train comes.

TLDR: So I died while fighting my 2nd Efreeti in a row because I was typing a novel in wizard chat to explain a quest to them and charm broke and I panicked and no hotkeys worked. 2 people rushed over to efreeti cos one somehow knew the second i left the zone. Faceless beat EoE who was running there, and then res'd me up. They came from another instance they were waiting around to open up. So now they've taken main where I was and I took 2nd where they were (nobody here but me). Lost the boots of course, but at least I have my own efreeti camp again and so far 0 in zone.
The TLDR is longer than the original text.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Because bullshit, that's why. I had mobs separated by 5-8 minutes. Efreeti spawns RIGHT after I kill another room mob, shoulda been another 5 mins. So pet is almost dead. Efreeti kills it. So I chain dot/root, get him to 40% and go lom so I wait for next spawn. Cept I wait 15 mins, no room spawns? Where is the other room spawn? Well, apparently it skipped a spawn cycle. They both spawn at same exact time on top of me, kill me, and then of course someone else killed it.

Also since when do every single fucking sonic bat see invis ?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also since when do every single fucking sonic bat see invis ?

Not sure if every sonic does or not - but I know at least it's common enough for them to SI that I always treated them as if they were 100% SI.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
have you tried pet stop when your pet is low? do u know that trick.. and yeah bats see invis lol learned that from efreeti trains.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
have you tried pet stop when your pet is low? do u know that trick.. and yeah bats see invis lol learned that from efreeti trains.

pet was under 20 and efreeti was nuking around corner. But no I haven't tried pet stop. Is it like a /pet hold which is an AA? Did they make it so you don't need a /pet hold AA?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
no if you do pet stop, after a certain amount of time it starts to regen as if it were out of combat. its a known trick that they never fixed. youd probably want to stop sooner than 20 though maybe 45-50, it'll continue to hit the pet if it has aggro until your dots take aggro. some people around here for do it with mage pets + damage shield + pet stop on fire giants lol

since its classic people might cry if they see you doing it but everyone knew it on phinigel cause it was revealed on ragefire so ~2 years ago.

you definitely need pet hold aa if you want to pull the pet back but yeah if you say stop it will stop attacking and just take hits

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
no if you do pet stop, after a certain amount of time it starts to regen as if it were out of combat. its a known trick that they never fixed. youd probably want to stop sooner than 20 though maybe 45-50, it'll continue to hit the pet if it has aggro until your dots take aggro. some people around here for do it with mage pets + damage shield + pet stop on fire giants lol

since its classic people might cry if they see you doing it but everyone knew it on phinigel cause it was revealed on ragefire so ~2 years ago.

you definitely need pet hold aa if you want to pull the pet back but yeah if you say stop it will stop attacking and just take hits

Hot damn. Well Efreeti popped to 100 on me too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Sneaky sneaky

WELL I DIDNT KNOW THIS WAS SECRET INFO. IM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IT. I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHAT'S GOING ON THOUGH. FUCKING IDIOT DEVS.

Basically I couldn't understand why this would be the case, when it wasn't before. But I got it figured out I think. Fucking devs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you guys get any of the old school runes or words, I could really use them. The ones that used to be used for spell research. They combine now into celestial essence which I need for my qeynos teas.

I've sold a ton to vendors before I realized they were necessary. If you collect any, please parcel them to Brewhard, or Sarn. Would really appreciate it, and paying 2p per!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If you guys get any of the old school runes or words, I could really use them. The ones that used to be used for spell research. They combine now into celestial essence which I need for my qeynos teas.

I've sold a ton to vendors before I realized they were necessary. If you collect any, please parcel them to Brewhard, or Sarn. Would really appreciate it, and paying 2p per!
Pretty sure most of them vendor for more than 2pp, at least at high levels.