Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
gaa I wanna play so bad but i'm far to casual now. not sure how some of you grandpa's are pulling this off

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dude, there is more to EQ than farming Efreeti Lord Djarn. Is that all you fucking do?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
AFK mages everywhere with their pets on agro killing entire low level camps. Super fun trying to level now lol

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hm, one of the account infos I had was to my original account from back in 1999. Characters on Xegony, including a low level gnome wiz with original DE mask and shit.

Why do I have barely anything in the /claim window? Most of these chars seem like they were stripped (no memory of it being me or if it got hacked at some point over the years) but my old 50 troll warr I'm on right now has a birthday of Dec 11, 1999 but only 4 things in the claim window.

*Also aren't I supposed to have like free silver access on an account this old?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Dude, there is more to EQ than farming Efreeti Lord Djarn. Is that all you fucking do?

Until I get a good group to do things with, yeah, pretty much. Not interested in an alt. I've not yet had the opportunity to go to hate/fear and don't want to join a big/intense raiding guild. Joined up with old Afterlife today and Thott might come play so that'd be cool. Also, what else is there to do in classic if you don't have a guild to raid with/don't want the intensity of a high end guild and don't have a group of people to do shit with yet? I've got 21ish kronos more than I had 3 days ago that can get gear, and my gear is pretty good. Efreeti also lets me do other things at the same time irl. It's only been a couple days.

I'm not looking to RMT, just want to be able to gear myself without having to be in a high end guild. What's teh probs yo? People poopsock to get ahead. I'm farming efreeti while I can get the camp to get ahead.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user
Just had my first experience with a 6boxer rolling into camp and taking it/ksing. Fourth Meal douchebags. Guy named Xeldon. Officers/leaders did nothing, despite being a "family guild". Kept telling me that if they are just sitting in the room, they can't do anything, but to let them know if they do anything ! Well dumb ass, they are ksing the room mobs and messing up the spawn cycle that I have broken, and what else are they going to do when Efreeti pops? They are keeping buffed and sitting here for 40+ mins (kept ph charmed, idiots didn't even seem to know). So I kill it eventually and Djarn spawns, which sucks cos I had like 10 ph in a row, and of course they KS.

I haven't experienced a single 6 boxer that isn't a complete douchebag. Dude was totally power hungry and basically wanted me to beg/grovel and treat him like a god just for the mere tease that he "might not KS". He wasn't even remotely trolling, just a total loser. Said that I already have both of the items so too bad. Funny how the officers/leader kept acting like they are a family guild and do indeed respect camps though, and don't want me to spread bad reputation about them. Uhh, that's why Universities expel cheaters and why companies fire scammers, if you don't enforce rules, then you don't deserve a good reputation. And that's how I've experienced every 6boxer yet. No offense to any of you that do it. I know one or two of you do and don't do that shit.

So yeah if you do camp Efreeti, do not respect Fourth Meal camps at all, or anywhere for that matter. And especially Xeldon.

Edit: Mainly pisses me off because I can't train. So I have no way to fight him.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we will be lucky to live through it.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
It's hilarious how bad the KSing is getting, it wasnt this bad on phinigel. People had "some" respect minus a few undesirables but for the most part it wasnt all pick hop ks pick hop ks. It'd be like pick hop ks take camp stay put.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we will be lucky to live through it.

If the KSing gets too bad, and you can't train, then what the hell? You just lose any camp to a 6 boxer or mage army? That'll make more people quit. If it happened to me constantly I don't think I'd play. Most of the time I play EQ it's doing group content, so that can all be removed by KSers. And then what? Man I miss old EQ where your reputation mattered.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Until I get a good group to do things with, yeah, pretty much. Not interested in an alt. I've not yet had the opportunity to go to hate/fear and don't want to join a big/intense raiding guild. Joined up with old Afterlife today and Thott might come play so that'd be cool. Also, what else is there to do in classic if you don't have a guild to raid with/don't want the intensity of a high end guild and don't have a group of people to do shit with yet? I've got 21ish kronos more than I had 3 days ago that can get gear, and my gear is pretty good. Efreeti also lets me do other things at the same time irl. It's only been a couple days.

I'm not looking to RMT, just want to be able to gear myself without having to be in a high end guild. What's teh probs yo? People poopsock to get ahead. I'm farming efreeti while I can get the camp to get ahead.
You say "intense high end guild" as if it's a hard thing in Classic to raid, or that there is any intensity to it at all. It's not. :(

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
If anyone ever has extra Krono they wanna get rid of....Let me know for 8-10 or whatever they go for

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If the KSing gets too bad, and you can't train, then what the hell? You just lose any camp to a 6 boxer or mage army? That'll make more people quit. If it happened to me constantly I don't think I'd play. Most of the time I play EQ it's doing group content, so that can all be removed by KSers. And then what? Man I miss old EQ where your reputation mattered.

I don't play but was reading the faq, I thought boxing was bannable on this server? Wet noodle rules?

It's hilarious how bad the KSing is getting, it wasnt this bad on phinigel. People had "some" respect minus a few undesirables but for the most part it wasnt all pick hop ks pick hop ks. It'd be like pick hop ks take camp stay put.

This is kinda why I am only playing 1am est + . Things cool down, as usual. I barely have patience for the game, nevermind assholes.

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I don't play but was reading the faq, I thought boxing was bannable on this server? Wet noodle rules?

Boxing isnt bannable. You play one account per computer. Used to be you're not supposed to be able to broadcast, not sure how it is on agnarr but on phinigel they stated that in the beginning and it loosened up by kunark. They don want you using VM's though but they havent exactly gone out looking for them either.

It seems to me only player report is what leads to anything happening, otherwise they dont give a shit. Even then as long as you're not afk it seems fine. Had a gm watch a guy broadcast AE sebilis and he didnt do damn thing. There were people with /pet attack a_fire_beetle farming last server and they didnt care if it was automated as long as you were at the computer, didnt care if you couldnt see it but the command worked and you werent afk. Play ball.

Now run around with like 12 characters thats going to be bad news bears and rubbing in their face that you clearly arent manually playing all 12. Some people manually play 6, they use gamepads (seperate numpads) and just line them up and hit the numbers with each connected to each computer. Some find other broadcast software that works.

And when they visit you they dont always pop out and say Hello there! They watch you, move you around, summon you places, fuck with you basically. One time I had my whole group get disconnected while my commonlands toon was still online.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Who is ancient coalition. I got into a group with them earlier for a bit. Every other pull 1/2 the group died and apparently /assist, the tank, puller was a foreign concept to them. I realise it's pretty low lvl stuff. They kept saying with 6 people that the bonus is soo good it doesn't matter if you die every other pull. Sadly they may have been right cause the exp was pretty high but the fun factor was pretty low.

Had to pleasure of joining a UR basement group with Isaak of this guild. Had a higher lvl shm outside of group who took the General kills from our group. Took 2-3 kills to notice he was stealing the loot before it was brought up "Are we going to roll for it?" and "idc" was his response. Fyi.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's True box not no box. You can play as many characters as you have computers for. People do various VM things to get around it, but that's all technically bannable.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boxing isnt bannable. You play one account per computer. Used to be you're not supposed to be able to broadcast, not sure how it is on agnarr but on phinigel they stated that in the beginning and it loosened up by kunark. They don want you using VM's though but they havent exactly gone out looking for them either.

It seems to me only player report is what leads to anything happening, otherwise they dont give a shit. Even then as long as you're not afk it seems fine. Had a gm watch a guy broadcast AE sebilis and he didnt do damn thing. There were people with /pet attack a_fire_beetle farming last server and they didnt care if it was automated as long as you were at the computer, didnt care if you couldnt see it but the command worked and you werent afk. Play ball.

Now run around with like 12 characters thats going to be bad news bears and rubbing in their face that you clearly arent manually playing all 12. Some people manually play 6, they use gamepads (seperate numpads) and just line them up and hit the numbers with each connected to each computer. Some find other broadcast software that works.

And when they visit you they dont always pop out and say Hello there! They watch you, move you around, summon you places, fuck with you basically. One time I had my whole group get disconnected while my commonlands toon was still online.

This pretty much. Runneye is full of /pet attack mages. So you either need to be able to DPS hard(you can just follow the pet to the mob) or charm/mez the mob to stop the pet and make it return, then dps hard before it gets back. I am 90% sure most of them are afk with macros doing it, but you can't catch them due to audio triggers and the such or they are at the computer to watch but not really playing them. And GMs have said "Sorry /pet attack is fine" even from entire zone away. The two days I was there getting a BAM, Besteva(a known RMT krono farmer) would have 2 mages in each pick doing it.

Always fun to mess with them though, dispel burnout on the pet etc. Really should have /pet attack require LoS and give it a range.

Only action I have seen taken is for training/language or continued harassment. And that's usually if you can only provide proof or the GM catches it in the act. I will say they are pretty prompt on responding though, responded to me in about 10 hours.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you stay away from runnyeye and uninstanced solb and hate... I doubt there's really much drama.