Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Ugh, so damn rough getting exp groups. 43 druid for the past 2 days. Did manage a Hole group but it quickly broke up after about 2 hours. Was so excite when i got a tell and was thinking i might hit 45...aw well. Sucks being trapped in a casual playtime body. Damn you life, damn you!!!!

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So what exactly does all this mean?

watzthis.jpg

Replay timer? Loot lockout?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Camped out at the CGS camp last night. Logged in this morning and killed the wanderer once then got a CGS. That was pretty convenient!

Will need to start leveling my chanter soon. Barrister Solicitor, human pirate enchanter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is there a reason why charm is so incredibly prevalent now versus the past? I don't remember it being anything like this in classic. Now, I get some of it is just increased knowledge and comfort as experienced players, but were there changes that made charming much more feasible than it as back then?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Is there a reason why charm is so incredibly prevalent now versus the past? I don't remember it being anything like this in classic. Now, I get some of it is just increased knowledge and comfort as experienced players, but were there changes that made charming much more feasible than it as back then?

It's increased knowledge combined with internet speed that allows a lot of these tactics.

Being able to snap mezz a pet with all the qol features and not playing on dial up made enchanters fucking broken.

It's just like how bards had to have their AE nerfed, no one did that shit in classic burning down entire zones it would of crashed you.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Camped out at the CGS camp last night. Logged in this morning and killed the wanderer once then got a CGS. That was pretty convenient!

Will need to start leveling my chanter soon. Barrister Solicitor, human pirate enchanter.

I went and checked the CGS and saw 7 mage campers.. surprised you saw it open.

Edit: Cleared hate and fear last night with the guild. Hate is fucking garbage now with a million and a half mobs that don't drop shit.

My beloved fear remained unchanged though they added some new mobs like lizard guys.

We had some berserker armor drop!

Couldn't clear any of the named ofcourse but next week I feel we will be able to kill everything.

I gave cohh loot all the monk/rogue rots and he is linking it to his followers so we now have 10000 rogue/monks leveling up.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's increased knowledge combined with internet speed that allows a lot of these tactics.

Being able to snap mezz a pet with all the qol features and not playing on dial up made enchanters fucking broken.

It's just like how bards had to have their AE nerfed, no one did that shit in classic burning down entire zones it would of crashed you.

Pretty damn sure there have been significant changes to charm. Having reliable near full-duration charms was unheard of back in the day. It was nowhere near as reliable as now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pfft Like Kronos farming faggots sleep.

Well there was nobody there other than a few faggots running through who were way lower level than me and they weren't mages so I could safely kill it faster if they attempted anything. A bard ran through and a 50 druid was in the fort powerleveling a paladin. They left me alone.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Pretty damn sure there have been significant changes to charm. Having reliable near full-duration charms was unheard of back in the day. It was nowhere near as reliable as now.

That too, I was even talking on P99 with more "classic" charm durations is still OP.

It's just a key flaw of the game like Complete Heal and slow it put them in a box mechanically.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Charm isn't that great in Velious and Luclin, but it gets better again in PoP.

It was incredibly OP on Phinigel in Classic/Kunark though. Really same as P99.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

The progression servers have been competitive enough to get people to go balls to the wall. Over the years something fringe like charming Allizewsaur becomes standard operating procedure. There's also a financial incentive with the advent of Krono to use the best tactics. Those tactics then trickle down to everyone else.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That too, I was even talking on P99 with more "classic" charm durations is still OP.

It's just a key flaw of the game like Complete Heal and slow it put them in a box mechanically.
EQ would be a much more interesting game if CH did say 2500 rather than 7500 or whatever