Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
No worries! Morrow needed to go and I was in need of a gnap so pretty good timing. Rotten luck for a clear though.

Yeah that was rough ! We got 2 Enc robes, one of them only barely needed (glad I got it for now, but won't use it once my int is maxed). And we got, what, a crappy pair of Sham boots and a crappy SK bracer? That was literally it lol. I've never seen a single piece of Cleric armor not drop after killing all cleric mobs! At least we got 3 Black Sapphires and some misc diamonds.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Not a single one of you have ever been successful at pushing me out of a camp or out DPS'ing me unless you brought a raid.

Really? No one did this yet?

300px-Sam_costume1.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So, do the pre-epic weapon drops exist on this server yet?

IE - The shit from Pinigel, or hate that are part of the pre-quests needed to complete the epic? Just so you can start gathering ahead of time.

For example, Monks can already complete Robe of the Lost Circle, as well as maintaining a second set of idols so they can re-acquire a 2nd Robe of the Whistling Fists if they wanted the haste click. But what about like... Crown of Elemental Mastery from Plane of Air? Or Red Dragon Scales from Nagafen, or the Blue Crystal Staff from Phinigel Autropos?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol I'm pretty sure Paladins can basically do almost their entire epic now up to turn in shit I mean, none of it takes place in Kunark, iirc.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Any level guides out there for classic progression in general, or specifically solo spots starting for 16 necro? Been quite awhile since I've played EQ must less at such a low level

Honestly, group up 5+ or just quit. Love u no hate.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Also as a necromancer, you shine when you group in place you can charm undead for max DPS. Have screaming terror ready when charm breaks, or have GRP ench watch shit to help u stun while recharm. Then you all good and u alrdy ahead of most all NEC in EQ.

When u really shine is when u can get an undead pet from crypt to places like deep sebelis king and Juggs without dying. U must train for this moment. Or u ain't shit. Without a mage summoning you and spamming pet follow of course.

Although, heard they fixed illusion through doors, unless you know special ways. Which, you may be fucked.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Playing with a few buddies and I can't decide what to play. Torn between SK, Pally, Monk, Druid and Shaman, heh.

Yeah Sky finally made me snap.

Me: Hey guys camp out
Rando: are we in sky?
Me: Camp out now
rando: I can drag corpses I don't have agr...*splat*.
Me: IF YOU ARE NOT CAMPING OUT RIGHT NOW YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG
Twitch Chat: wow he needs to calm down.

I told you. This is how things work now. I was a Gunner's Mate as a young kid on the USS Jenkins operating a 5 inch mount and to make a long story short, you couldn't be a fuck up. Today, you can be a fuck up.

clint-eastwood-640x263.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, do the pre-epic weapon drops exist on this server yet?

IE - The shit from Pinigel, or hate that are part of the pre-quests needed to complete the epic? Just so you can start gathering ahead of time.

For example, Monks can already complete Robe of the Lost Circle, as well as maintaining a second set of idols so they can re-acquire a 2nd Robe of the Whistling Fists if they wanted the haste click. But what about like... Crown of Elemental Mastery from Plane of Air? Or Red Dragon Scales from Nagafen, or the Blue Crystal Staff from Phinigel Autropos?

Most monks are just killing Brother Zephyr for the robe.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Fast losing interest in this server. I had not realized that all the small "QoL" things taken together is nothing more but death by a thousand cuts on what made EQ special. Even drift/push and murkiness underwater was too "tedious" for modern EQ that they took that out too? /yawn

Oh well, there is still at least p99/red99/Alkabor project to play, because Daybreak's game has mutated into something other then EQ, no matter what expansion they lock at.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Fast losing interest in this server. I had not realized that all the small "QoL" things taken together is nothing more but death by a thousand cuts on what made EQ special. Even drift/push and murkiness underwater was too "tedious" for modern EQ that they took that out too? /yawn

Oh well, there is still at least p99/red99/Alkabor project to play, because Daybreak's game has mutated into something other then EQ, no matter what expansion they lock at.

I was wondering about that in Kedge Keep. I was all... I don't remember this place being so bright and clear.

I dislike the modern vision of, "any loss of sight via nighttime darkness, water, etc is denial of service!" Come on!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If you want to see what vision was like in the old days, pick up a firebeetle eye. You still get the slight glow from the eye, but it dials back the auto corrected vision you get