Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If any of you want to blow your raid instances to farm gear let me know. The idea is that you get a group together, pop an instance for nag or phin or whatever, and then you have a fully spawned solb or kedge to snag all the stuff in the zone.

Nothing respawns, but you get one a week, and I think often named stuff will be up.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would walk backwards through the tunnel from Everfrost to Blackburrow, because then you could at least keep the torches in view and knew you were heading the right direction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jais

Trakanon Raider
EQ000001.jpg
http://<a href="http://s1219.photob...g" border="0" alt=" photo EQ000002.jpg"/></a>

Level 39 monk friend helping my level 36 Paladin camp Ghoulbane.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Really having a blast so far. I do miss the night being scarier but most of the other stuff seems ok as far as QoL goes. Gearing up is going to be tough, but I did get a nice leg up from Crone so it could be worse. Could really use any kind of half ass 2hder if anyone has one laying around.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
My first character was a Human Ranger and I remember not being able to navigate the tunnel from Surefall to QH until I bought a lantern. Always thouggt that was pretty cool.

Despite what some asshats will try to tell you, 99% of the playerbase respects camps, and the other 1% should be globally shamed and ostracized.

Not that they aren't dumbfuck lemmings, but some of this CAN be mitigated. First, you need to establish some discipline to where you can silence chatter in tense moments and be heard. Second, you have to lay down the importance of following directions - if asked to do something, do it.

People doing their own thing are either not listening, not hearing you, or think they know better. You can curb the second two types with good raid management.

I'm relatively sure someone beat the idea of shutting up to listen and following orders without thinking you know better LONG before they let you anywhere near a massive weapon.

All true. But correct me if I am wrong, back in the olden days, it was kind of assumed if you wanted to be kickass you had to be squared away, but now you have to "educate" people. But hence my Clint Eastwood graphic. Gaming is diff now. Used to be, the last thing you wanted to do was waste people's time online. I am not sure people even grasp the idea of "wasting my time" when it comes to the intrawebs anymore.

edit: I am guessing some of this has to do with, no one is limited to one data feed anymore. In the early days, if you were online that meant your phone line was tied up. Then your cable. Now, bandwidth is super fat. Everyone has multiple streams going. Just tonight I was in a group with some people who were streaming the latest Katy Perry album. It was all they could talk about. That kind of stuff just did not used to happen.

Last edited:

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anyone know any other options to reduce lag/chop while boxing? I'm having huge chop on my 2nd box whenever I'm near my first box. And this isn't on Agnarr so there's no wonky code making sure I'm using 2 computers (I'm using 1). Do I need to set each EQ to a separate processor? It's just a dual core, but that should be enough?

Make sure logs are turned off. Having 2 seperate EQ folders would also help.

You can also use /viewport 0 0 0 if you want to run a hilarious amount of boxes on an old comp.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have two computers and was thinking of boxing a bit just to try something new. What legal options do I have on Agnarr? Are there good tools that enables me to control both from just one of the pc's? And is cleric/enchanter the awesomest combo?

EDIT, boxing offences:
  • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
  • Using 3rd party software.
  • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
I guess tools are out of the question then.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Make sure logs are turned off. Having 2 seperate EQ folders would also help.

You can also use /viewport 0 0 0 if you want to run a hilarious amount of boxes on an old comp.

What is the default /viewport before I do that and fuck everything up and can't see anything lol.

Okay so there's a /viewport reset. But I'm not understanding how it works. /viewport 0 0 0 doesn't change anything. Showing x=0, y=0, w=1913, h=1005 scale = 1.

Last edited:

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
For my paly epic on lockjaw I just got ghoulbane killing the guard in felwithe.

Did you do that in classic? I am like 99% sure you can't get the ghoulbane from the guard in felwithe until Kunark, but it's been a while since my Ragefire pally.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You both could probably win in a dps race. Paladin DPS is complete shit. Drop the plat on him right when lord pops to distract him too.

That's how you do it. This is the part I love about EQ. Avoid trains, Killstealers, griefers, trade scammers, getting ripped off in general. Like real life!

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Okay so there's a /viewport reset. But I'm not understanding how it works. /viewport 0 0 0 doesn't change anything. Showing x=0, y=0, w=1913, h=1005 scale = 1.

Hmm I didn't describe it properly.

/viewport 0 0 0 0 should result in no more worldview, UI remains as normal.

/viewport 0 0 800 600 should give you 800*600 pixels.

The first 2 numbers determine the positioning of the window from the left upper corner (iirc), the last 2 decide the resolution.

Enjoy.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
75 plat seems like a pretty silly amount to extort. If you're going to extort, you should at least try for a kroner or like 1k plat or something.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's a quest for Ghoulbane, too. Seems like it would be easy to camp at that level but drop rate might suck. Not sure if it was in classic or is on the TLP, though. I know the mobs for the quest exist, at least.