Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I thought the whole concept of krono farming was silly at first but now I just think of 1 kr = 1300 plat...this week. Last week it was a 1kr for 1000pp.

I'm doing the same camps I used to when powerleveling new characters and selling the wares for pp or krono. I've only traded for a few KR but it will be enough to fund both my accounts without having to spend real money and allow me to trade for a few nice items.

The other night I wanted to relax so I found a pick with an open frenzy camp. Parked my druid box on my laptop in the corner. Had netflix playing on the 2nd monitor while I took the druid from 40-45 and picked up 2 fbss which I sold for 2kr each instantly when offered up in EC.

As a side note I keep nullify magic up on my bar anytime I'm solo/duoing and had my stream recording software going to whole time to record any shenanigans. Enchanters and necros think a shaman is easy pickings until they get slapped down.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I thought the whole concept of krono farming was silly at first but now I just think of 1 kr = 1300 plat...this week. Last week it was a 1kr for 1000pp.

I'm doing the same camps I used to when powerleveling new characters and selling the wares for pp or krono. I've only traded for a few KR but it will be enough to fund both my accounts without having to spend real money and allow me to trade for a few nice items.

The other night I wanted to relax so I found a pick with an open frenzy camp. Parked my druid box on my laptop in the corner. Had netflix playing on the 2nd monitor while I took the druid from 40-45 and picked up 2 fbss which I sold for 2kr each instantly when offered up in EC.

As a side note I keep nullify magic up on my bar anytime I'm solo/duoing and had my stream recording software going to whole time to record any shenanigans. Enchanters and necros think a shaman is easy pickings until they get slapped down.

Exactly. And if you do sell your items for plat, you best be buying kronos with your plat if you can afford one at the end of each day or two. Otherwise you're just wasting your plat as it slowly loses value.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Other random tangent.

I love giving out the random weapons I find to newbies in the swamp outside Guk or fighting at the entrance inside.

Half a dozen enameled black mace, sk swords from cavalier, dirks from assassin, and the hammer and axes from Ivandyr hoop quests have been handed out in the last week.

This morning when I logged on I saw a level 5 troll warrior with 2 pieces of woven gear on getting his ass beat by a mushroom. I gave him full shaman raid buffs and slapped an executioners axe on him and wished him well. Poor guy was like what the fuck!?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
My buddy wants to start an SK so I was going to start a cleric to box with my enchanter. My enchanter is 35, figured I could just clarity and mez stuff to catch them up. Wish I had a Druid!

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, modern EQ has become "War of the Krono Sellers".

How boring.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This. Nothong like getting groups and every asshat needing every fucking drop even if they cant use it

I tried to NBG for awhile. But I abandoned that quickly because it just fucks you.

• 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This. Nothong like getting groups and every asshat needing every fucking drop even if they cant use it

Why the fuck should some members of the group be arbitrarily awarded more loot than others? NBG is a stupid ass system and you should feel bad for wanting it.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why the fuck should some members of the group be arbitrarily awarded more loot than others? NBG is a stupid ass system and you should feel bad for wanting it.
Shit the fuck up faggot. You literally represent what is wrong with the genre.

• 3Salty
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I have trained 0 people, dispelled 0 charms and 0 mezzes, and dps raced 0 mobs. I stand by my reputation as a decent person even among in-game opponents. I do not sell items or krono. I am a staunch libertarian and capitalist.

As a good and upstanding person in and out of game I refuse to endorse your completely crooked "need before greed" system, which unfairly penalizes players based on either already having good gear or not winning the "why I need this" argument. If a drop is not character bound its value is completely equal to all players, and if you want it after I win the roll so you can wear it, you can drop your sack and ask me for it without being a pathetic eq-welfare-loving bitch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Yerm really isn't - he's just a realist. Last I grouped with him he still did NBG and shit with folks that he trusted - but randoms fucked him too many times, so he started taking a more realistic approach with randoms.

There's plenty of us that long for the way things were in the old days - Yerm is actually one of them, so don't friendly fire on him - he just understands how impractical it is to apply it to everyone carte blanche.

There's people that are mellow and follow the "unwritten rules" appropriately and there's people that have learned to abuse the fuck out of things. He's hardened up when it comes to people he doesn't know because of those abusers - as really, all of us should. Doesn't mean you can't be a mensch around others that follow suit - just don't do it around randoms, that just makers you a mark/sucker.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The problem isn't NBG or GBN, it's the lack of consistency. Sitting at Frenzied for 8 hours and not being able to roll on 3 FBSS's as new melee characters enter the group and get one after an hour while you've been there for 8 hours and have received nothing sucks. But it's fine and it all works out if when you go to HAMLORD the next day that melee aren't allowed to roll on SMR. But that doesn't happen.

The problem is, you end up having both and you can get majorly fucked. Which is why everyone should just allow everyone to roll on anything worth a decent amount, because they can just trade it for something they need. Otherwise, why the fuck should an Enchanter join your Frenzied group? I had a Ranger filter out all melee at Frenzied so he could get FBSS bitch at me for leaving after many hours to join HAMLORD so I could actually get loot and better exp since most of the mobs at frenzied were terrible exp by then. He was mad that I didn't need to leave the group, but "wanted to for better loot". fucking hypocrite.

Yeah so, nbg sucks because of inconsitency. You should insist on allowing everyone to roll on anything worth a decent amount. NBG on upgrades that aren't worth a Krono or whatever. But on anything more? It sucks for many reasons and just leads to problems, leads to people nitpicking who they bring to the group/who they replace with and leads to bitterness. Or I guess I should unequip my gear that I paid for from farming/working hard so that I can win something at this camp! etc. etc.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The problem isn't NBG or GBN, it's the lack of consistency. Sitting at Frenzied for 8 hours and not being able to roll on 3 FBSS's as new melee characters enter the group and get one after an hour while you've been there for 8 hours and have received nothing sucks. But it's fine and it all works out if when you go to HAMLORD the next day that melee aren't allowed to roll on SMR. But that doesn't happen.

Aaand you're a wis caster who is fucked out of all of it by NBG. Fuck that. You also have no way of knowing if those faggots got one earlier, sold it and came to NBG another. Which is distinctly possible.

I'm with yerm yerm .

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Other random tangent.

I love giving out the random weapons I find to newbies in the swamp outside Guk or fighting at the entrance inside.

Half a dozen enameled black mace, sk swords from cavalier, dirks from assassin, and the hammer and axes from Ivandyr hoop quests have been handed out in the last week.

This morning when I logged on I saw a level 5 troll warrior with 2 pieces of woven gear on getting his ass beat by a mushroom. I gave him full shaman raid buffs and slapped an executioners axe on him and wished him well. Poor guy was like what the fuck!?
Should hang on to the mallets they're useful later

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Killed Yael,Maestro x2 Phinny x2 and almost killed naggy.

Have full planar full resist and HP gear.

Guild is slowly slowlllyy learning.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel bad for you, you put in all that work, but it's a streamer guild, and they die rather quickly when the streamer moves on to another game to keep viewers most of the time.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
How many shamans are making the raids at this point @a_skeleton_02 ? I plan on being there next week with mine, geared up about as well as possible pre-planar.

I feel bad for you, you put in all that work, but it's a streamer guild, and they die rather quickly when the streamer moves on to another game to keep viewers most of the time.

I think this will be true here, but I am hoping that a solid group of people sticks around for content to open up through Kunark>Velious>PoP. It doesn't take 2000 people to form a raid.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Don't feel bad, I plan on apping to Faceless when/if that happens.

I'm just helping out some less fortunate players by getting their feet wet in raiding.

My best friend is also playing and I wanted her to experience Everquest as a newb and not just drag her to the end game using me as a crutch.

She is exceeding expectations as well being proactive with porting and dps already. Getting gear like a bam and phinny staff Jboots and temp flux etc.

I'm so burnt out on classic from P99 that I'm basically living vicariously through her and having her wipe on maestro is a better long term than afk clearing sky and getting bored.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
At least it's a challenge. Before the buff naggy would go splat so fast.

• 1Like