Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Leveling my mage last night. Joined a BR group in lguk where each person in the group had a 50 box out of the group for buffs pulling etc....

Does this become the norm?

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I thought the server would actually stop at Planes of Power but upon further reading I guess Ykesha and LDoN will be in too.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Tried my hand at Hill Giants today as I need some plat. God I have never seen such a mass of butthurt whiney faggots in this game.

Everyone is playing the game of take the giants before someone else. Literally everyone there. But I didn't kill a single giant where I didn't get a nasty tell of, "YOU TAKING MY KILL!" and prob got reported by them. But I guess if shaming people away from the camp works even a little bit of the time then it's probably a net gain for the no lifers camping hill giants for 300PP an hour all day long.

I did make a few k though so whatever.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
any of u awesome people wanna hook me up with a pair of gebs for like a krono? my druid princess is in dire need and I wont touch that cancerous camp.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Did you do that in classic? I am like 99% sure you can't get the ghoulbane from the guard in felwithe until Kunark, but it's been a while since my Ragefire pally.

People have said they've done it, and he's not that hard.

Morrows probably has like 11 pairs minimum

Haven't farmed Djarn for like 4 days. Only did a 3 day stretch and got bored and it started getting crazy over there. Been playing Live. Got my 35 kronos ish and peaced the fuck out. Could have made way way more, but damn fuck that camp. I also taught too many people the trick of catching a new instance immediately to get them out of my hair, which was obviously a mistake. Had one guy that I taught how to do the camp and handle the side spawns etc and how to get a new pick before anyone else eventually tell me I was full of shit when I beat him to a new instance a few days later and then he cussed me out/raged etc and logged all of his chars in attempt to close the instance on me. That camp is cancer. It was worth it in the early days, probably still worth it now even with random KS's and fighting, but ugh.

Are they still going for 2 Krono? Can't believe I sold ~5 pairs for 3 krono. People are nuts.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I also saw Hasten in Rath Mtns today. I remember the little fucker running super fast before. Now he's just whatever.

That kind of pisses me off. The quirky weird shit like that is what we need in MMOs!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying to score a pair of GEBs as well. Wisdom gear in general is a bitch to get as it seems like farmers have it on lock. My luck for fear gear has been non-existent as well.

I'll probably just try to find a hole ghost group and spend a night there.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Meh crusader is open a lot, been hopping around for xp there and usually 1-2 picks not being pick-hopped. Can get the spellhaste2 wisdom BP

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Morrows probably has like 11 pairs minimum
Looks like average is about 3 krono right now with an occasional 2.

Lol damn, I was having a hard time getting 2kr +700ish plat for a while after the first 2 days where I would get 3 kronos. Funny they went back up. Bliss is the main farmer now.

Don't pay 3 kronos bros, just wait or go get a camp. It's not hard, particularly if you have 4-6 people which is usually enough to force a new instance at the right times. Don't even pay 2 imo, just wait. I was selling them off my feet for those kinds of prices. It ain't worth it.

Kronos have really messed with EQ in more ways than can be articulated/comprehended. It sucks. I mean giving GEB's away would be a thing you could feel good about back in the day. I mean if you had a bunch of pairs and you knew some people that were cool and needed them. Why not? It's just plat. But when you're talking about losing 2-3 months of free subscription time, it makes it harder to give shit away, reduces the incentive. Same for lowering prices for people too. I sold a Djarn's for 4 Krono to a forum bro despite having offers for 6, and I was fine with that because no Faceless were messing with me and were respecting my camps and he asked nicely a few times etc. But it's still 2 months of free subscription lost. It sucks that kronos have forced that mentality on us, where every item has a real world monetary value.

Fuck Kronos man, fuck kronos.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
What I noticed on rage/phinigel it's really about the time of the day, you got the euros in the morning and the murica's at night (EST) and you can work both groups for better prices sometimes in CL tunnel. I had people telling me all the time I couldnt get 7 or 8 kronos for my ODS back in kunark and I'd get it all day long.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What I noticed on rage/phinigel it's really about the time of the day, you got the euros in the morning and the murica's at night (EST) and you can work both groups for better prices sometimes in CL tunnel. I had people telling me all the time I couldnt get 7 or 8 kronos for my ODS back in kunark and I'd get it all day long.

Yeah when I auctioned my first Djarn's for 6, I got some hate in the channel and people saying it didn't go for that, along with 4 tells offering a little bit lower and 1 just straight up ready to buy... Sucks how necessary Spell Haste II is. It's an absolute necessity. Mana Pres 2 isn't, Improved Damage 2 isn't, nothing is even close to Spell Haste 2. And we don't get another Spell Haste 2 item until Kunark with Necklace of Superiority (and that will be hard to get, is Drusella buffed on prog too?), and still no Spell Haste 3 then either. So like 2000 people on the server want a Djarn's Ring if they want to have a chest item that isn't SMR/Mithril Tunic.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've tried camping the mithril tunic several times now. You can aggro only the crusader if you're in his room. But if there are an unfortunate number of shamans in the rooms around him they buff the fuck out of him and I (shaman) have a hard time muscling through that. Even after I dispell all of his bullshit. This makes picking through the almost always uncamped crusader really rolling the dice and hoping there aren't many shaman around.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah when I auctioned my first Djarn's for 6, I got some hate in the channel and people saying it didn't go for that, along with 4 tells offering a little bit lower and 1 just straight up ready to buy... Sucks how necessary Spell Haste II is. It's an absolute necessity. Mana Pres 2 isn't, Improved Damage 2 isn't, nothing is even close to Spell Haste 2. And we don't get another Spell Haste 2 item until Kunark with Necklace of Superiority (and that will be hard to get, is Drusella buffed on prog too?), and still no Spell Haste 3 then either. So like 2000 people on the server want a Djarn's Ring if they want to have a chest item that isn't SMR/Mithril Tunic.

Do Mud Covered Silk Pantaloons not drop on TLP (Hole item)? It has Spell Haste 3. There's a version of it for every class, basically.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Do Mud Covered Silk Pantaloons not drop on TLP (Hole item)? It has Spell Haste 3. There's a version of it for every class, basically.

Nah definitely not. There's only 2 Spell Focus 3 item iirc and that's White Dragonscale Cloak with Improved Damage III and Bone Clasped Girdle with Burning Affliction III. The rest are all II and Kunark only has a few improvements here and there. Extended Range III on Supple Scale Bracelet from Karnor's and a Obulus Deaeth Shroud with Mana Preservation III. The latter I imagine will be like 10 kronos with the way Black Alloy Medallions are going. People over estimate Mana Pres though, it's not that great.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tried my hand at Hill Giants today as I need some plat. God I have never seen such a mass of butthurt whiney faggots in this game.

Everyone is playing the game of take the giants before someone else. Literally everyone there. But I didn't kill a single giant where I didn't get a nasty tell of, "YOU TAKING MY KILL!" and prob got reported by them. But I guess if shaming people away from the camp works even a little bit of the time then it's probably a net gain for the no lifers camping hill giants for 300PP an hour all day long.

I did make a few k though so whatever.

Can enchanters do HGs?