Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can solo and afk whenever is a huge thing. I remember Necros living in Howling Stones and it looked fun.

Necro solo in HS is loads of fun. It was always so fun to see how far you could get. Getting to East, was it East? By yourself was awesome. I mean this was before I knew you could cheat and skip straight to wing 4 with clever lev. But getting the key drops of each wing one by one. Loved that style of dungeon, same with Tower of Frozen Shadow. Necros are beasts in Hs too obviously because of all the undead.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Chardok is the revamped chardok, which is good and bad.. the mobs have like no resist but they're high level and hit like trucks, they drop pelt like items so you can craft dropped kunark spells, also lot of out of era items like slow shaman stick (combat proc) focus items, clicky cleanse poison/disease earrings, group DMF and some other stuff. COM is fun but will be super overcrowded. HS isnt bad but good luck DPS racing for a prod, youll have to buy it from people for 2krono or so. TOFS pretty cool.

and well the royals which people 2 box with charm pets, but now without illusion through door it'll be less farmed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
My heart wants me to play this game, but my brain is telling me not to. Fuck DBG and giving them all access money. With Krono it seems like all these camps and shit are going to be locked down by what we would have called Pieces of Monkey Shit back on The Tribunal. People that would've been blackballed from an entire server and done nothing but camp old content because of it. I hate multiboxers. I know there's needs, every guild had at least one shaman or cleric boxed for CH cycle or slowing or whatever, but when people have entire groups under their singular control... it ruins the game.

It's sad I'd love to relive some of the magic and have to be a decent human being to succeed in an MMO and have a community that values decent and talented people again, but I'm 90% sure that's not going to be the case. It's probably better EQ always be viewed through rose colored glasses anyways.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean there were people doing the same thing back then, just instead of krono they sold the plat for $(it just wasn't as "public" as it is now). Popular camps were always locked down(Even more so because there was only 1 instance of dungeons/camps).

My heart wants me to play this game, but my brain is telling me not to. Fuck DBG and giving them all access money. With Krono it seems like all these camps and shit are going to be locked down by what we would have called Pieces of Monkey Shit back on The Tribunal. People that would've been blackballed from an entire server and done nothing but camp old content because of it. I hate multiboxers. I know there's needs, every guild had at least one shaman or cleric boxed for CH cycle or slowing or whatever, but when people have entire groups under their singular control... it ruins the game.

It's sad I'd love to relive some of the magic and have to be a decent human being to succeed in an MMO and have a community that values decent and talented people again, but I'm 90% sure that's not going to be the case. It's probably better EQ always be viewed through rose colored glasses anyways.

Well, you are certainly not wrong. Both p99 and these TLP servers are kind of like music festivals where there is free warm beer and everyone has gonorrhea. You might be in the mood for a music festival, but if you think it's gonna be awesome, you are not being realistic.

<chatbot close>

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I mean there were people doing the same thing back then, just instead of krono they sold the plat for $(it just wasn't as "public" as it is now). Popular camps were always locked down(Even more so because there was only 1 instance of dungeons/camps).

Wasn't nearly as bad as it is now though. People simply cannot separate the concept of krono from RL cash the way they could plat from RL cash. I just had an argument with a retard in general while auctioning a Rokyl's for 5 Krono because he can't grasp that it does not = $100 and that people pretty much refuse to buy/sell things for plat anymore that are worth more than the going price of 1 krono. I see that a lot. I explained it to one guy that freaked out when he saw my GEB's for 2 Krono one time and after explaining it he was cool and understood (look dude, someone buying this for 2 krono doesn't mean they went to DBG and paid $34 and then traded me that $34).

People are far far worse now, and it sucks. Kronos have destroyed elements of this game in incomprehensible ways that can never be fully articulated or understood.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean single boxers say they have hard time finding groups.. and you can say cause people box but lot of boxers agree if they didnt box they wouldnt play. So with that, boxers or not you cant find groups as a single boxer and some are forced to 2box at least. When I leveled in lavastorm I'd do lavaspinners and no one ever came by, the basilisks i'd maybe see one group all day, as a single boxer it seems to me you're restricted to finding groups during prime time only, so if you have free time during the day and go out at night, as a single boxer, good luck. Now lguk is a different story but getting there, meh.

So hate boxers but yeah. And who wants to main a cleric!

People refuse to buy things with plat because you have the price of krono fluctuating so much from krono flippers that confuse the fuck out of casuals as to what their krono is actually worth, so instead of risking selling it for a plat price that might change a day or two later therefore devaluing your current plat (cant turn it back into a krono), then why bother, trade krono for the item. Even if the krono goes up in plat, a lot of the times the item will stay that krono rate and just be more plat.

Some people bitch well this item was 3 krono when a krono was 3k so now how can it be 3 kr still when a krono is 1500 or 2k, well it is.

Frankly its dumb to sit on any kind of platinum, you will increase your platinum by turning it into a krono and then sitting on that krono, otherwise each day your platinum is getting further and further less valuable. Sure there are people that sell platinum for money, and it doesnt always follow the price of a krono but safest bet is to convert your unneeded plat to krono, and sell a krono when you need some plat.

I mean what right now, if I had about 1700 plat, which seems to be a krono or good enough to find a krono seller within seconds, and if I didnt buy a krono with it, went out this weekend and came back on Monday, I'm sure 1700 wouldnt get me a krono in the seconds it does right now this very minute, perhaps it'll be 1900 or 2k that will get me a fast seller instead of taking an hour or two to find someone willing to do 1700 still. It's not necessarily that the krono is going to be worth that 1900 or 2k on monday (not saying it will just giving an example) but its that you have these pushers that spam auction channel with fake WTBs higher than what it is going for (and when you try to sell they dont reply or say they found someone) and high WTSs that confuse the people who dont actively pay attention to the market, and it also confuses the websites that try to parse prices based on ***** EQ LOGS ***** so then people go to the website see this site that simply regurgates what it parses in the logs of commonland tunnel and then they say ok now i need to WTB for 2k or WTS for 2500

It's funny I just had a conversation with a guy WTB krono the other day and he was telling me my item isnt worth what I was asking bc the website (that parses the eq logs of commonlands tunnel character) said it wasnt. Once I explained to him how it worked, he lowered his WTB krono by 300p then pms me a few minutes later said holy cow I got one 300p cheaper! I couldnt believe people didnt understand how that pricing website worked and how krono flippers manipulate it.

Last edited:
I mean single boxers say they have hard time finding groups.. and you can say cause people box but lot of boxers agree if they didnt box they wouldnt play. So with that, boxers or not you cant find groups as a single boxer and some are forced to 2box at least. When I leveled in lavastorm I'd do lavaspinners and no one ever came by, the basilisks i'd maybe see one group all day, as a single boxer it seems to me you're restricted to finding groups during prime time only, so if you have free time during the day and go out at night, as a single boxer, good luck. Now lguk is a different story but getting there, meh.

So hate boxers but yeah. And who wants to main a cleric!

I am gonna disagree on a very slender argument. I tend to play, if at all, 1am till 11am est. Very off hours. I have found that being a single boxer actually its pretty easy. During those total off hours, people will invite you, if only to help them stay awake.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Just to add, this may be a function of age. I've seen some stuff where they say, younger people are "gonorrhea is doable," but I suspect that is what happens when modern medicine tells

I am gonna disagree on a very slender argument. I tend to play, if at all, 1am till 11am est. Very off hours. I have found that being a single boxer actually its pretty easy. During those total off hours, people will invite you, if only to help them stay awake.

Well sure okay I should have specified but when I play, which isnt 1 am to 11 am est, but 11 am to 11 pm off and on, I notice these things mostly 11 am to 3 pm. By then the euros seem to be logging off and the US are at work. But yeah maybe I'm wrong I stuck to lavastorm 7-33, I'm sure upper guk was more forgiving or unrest etc. I just know on ragefire and phinigel lavastorm in the beginning was packed, here I saw one pick at most, sometimes 2 but it would always close.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If you're looking to relive the glory days of EQ this certainly isnt the place to so it. As someone who had never played a TLP server it was an eye opening experience. This is EQ with its soul sucked out. An annual exercise by some Russian venture capitalists to shakedown wistful nerds for a few bucks while putting forth absolute minimal effort on their part. This isn't the game of exploring and frolicking gaily around Norrath with a group of hearty adventurers that it once was. No no, everything abiut this game has been min/maxed and exploited many times over. This is now the game of permafarm highvalue items with your 5 boxed characters and sell for kronos to supplement your welfare check.

That said I really did enjoy the sprint to 50 the first few days, but realistically that's probably because I was part of the initial wave, it would probably be miserable if you started right now.

• 3Like
  • 3Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unfortunately,you're never going to relive the "Glory days" of EQ, the mystery and/or complete ignorance of the game is gone and you cannot get it back. Unless of course you are playing EQ for the very first time, and some are. Most of those don't last though because it's so different from what they are used to, even if a lot of the tediousness has been removed.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
The TLP would be better if DBG had enough staff to police the server, instead they dont that is why they say no camps, DPS race wins! Makes it easier on them. The first set of TLP servers were the best, corpse runs and all.

Now we have shitty revamped freeport.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was always hesitant of TLPs but this ones different because it locks at Ldon and never really enters the full blown retardation expansions. So its always going to be in a semi-tolerable spot once it locks and will have a decent pop. Sure it would be nice to have no boxing like P99 but I'll take pickzones and instanced raiding over that bullshit anyday.

As far as RMT, Eq has always been an RMT game. Shit, even p99 the so called anti RMT powerhouse has people RMTing up the fuckin wahoo.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Necro in HS is worse than it was though, no more Crypt Spectre!

Thank god tho, depressedfeet was a super nazi if you came anywhere close to him, train the crap out of you. Like an abused puppy that grew up to defend its territory if you even looked his way. We used to pay people to go try to wipe him and his "afk" paid powerlevelees. That was his business, selling powerlevel spots while he grinded HS with the named spectre to PL them so it was no wonder he defended it fiercly but it was a bit much.

[QUOTE="kegkilla, post: 2076933, member: 634"... An annual exercise by some Russian venture capitalists to shakedown wistful nerds for a few bucks while putting forth absolute minimal effort on their part. .[/QUOTE]

In Soviet eq, game plays you.