Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

lost

<Bronze Donator>
We're talking phinigel prices here. Ragefire wouldnt be as high due to people monopolizing it on lockjaw and transferring characters to ragefire with SODs/shrouds. There was way more availability there than phinigel. Also leveling was faster on ragefire, and people could box more which meant more sleeper farming or probably tov.

cant imagine the kind of pet aggro exploiting that took place against like yelinak, tov dragons with the size of boxers over there!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
During Velious (at least while I was playing) there was no xfers allowed that I knew of.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We're talking phinigel prices here. Ragefire wouldnt be as high due to people monopolizing it on lockjaw and transferring characters to ragefire with SODs/shrouds. There was way more availability there than phinigel. Also leveling was faster on ragefire, and people could box more which meant more sleeper farming or probably tov.

cant imagine the kind of pet aggro exploiting that took place against like yelinak, tov dragons with the size of boxers over there!

Phinny would be higher how? Everyone and their brother could make instances on Phinny. Ragefire, we had nearly everything on lockdown from everyone else (Lockjaw had no instances either?).

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Phinny would be higher how? Everyone and their brother could make instances on Phinny. Ragefire, we had nearly everything on lockdown from everyone else (Lockjaw had no instances either?).

Faceless waited 9 months to wake the sleeper. So people could transfer from LJ to RF and sell ST loot for tons of krono. LJ probably sold more ST1.0 loot to RF guilds than Darkwind ever got personally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I think there were maybe 7 monks with the shroud on phinigel. AOS woke it really early most guilds were still getting a force big enough keyed to even do the instance. Its been a bit but almost just ogc and aos had sleeper loot i think. i dunno i rejoined aos after sleeper woke, korrupt would know more.

funny thing is once u get coth bot at warders you only needed a group or two to farm them, so add that going on ontop of instanced guilds not having enough keyed.

and yeah i saw threads all the time of LJ xferring loot to RF, crying threads, sales threads etc.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
We woke the sleeper out of boredom on a Saturday morning and used a copy of Dima's name because we knew it would make him cry a river. He got my mage we renamed suspended within minutes of it happening and made so many IRL threats to us.

There was no secret plan or anything like what people thought. It was literally just boredom on a Saturday morning combined with marijuana and remnants of alcohol for the lols.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does waking work on instanced servers? Does all 4 need to drop in the open world to wake Sleeper, or can anyone do it from an instance and ruin it for the server?

• 1Solidarity

rad

Lord of Guk
We woke the sleeper out of boredom on a Saturday morning and used a copy of Dima's name because we knew it would make him cry a river. He got my mage we renamed suspended within minutes of it happening and made so many IRL threats to us.

There was no secret plan or anything like what people thought. It was literally just boredom on a Saturday morning combined with marijuana and remnants of alcohol for the lols.

LOL I was so bitter about that one.... to give everyone an idea how out of the blue it was.. I left for lunch and found out when I got back and I was the first shaman keyed.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Someone give me a 50 shaman or sell me one for cheap.

I am coming back from vacation in a couple days and need something to play other than my casual WoW.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Someone give me a 50 shaman or sell me one for cheap.

I am coming back from vacation in a couple days and need something to play other than my casual WoW.

Fourth if July is supposed to be an XP weekend. You could easily level a shaman and then some to 50 with that and some XP potions

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Fourth if July is supposed to be an XP weekend. You could easily level a shaman and then some to 50 with that and some XP potions
I bought my very first EQ character at level 60 so I will have to give this 1-50 leveling a shot.

I will be made fun of for not knowing the camps it looks like.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't trying to challenge your epeen, just saying these servers allow for other play styles and can present a challenge other than who can get to a mob fastest. Which in terms of Everquest is sort of unique outside of being in an Uberguild in the glory days.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am going barb I think but might just do that to make it easier.

I was raiding against Jysin Jysin for world firsts back in Luclin and here I have never leveled a character from 1-60.

If you're doing Barb - I'd probably just head to Qeynos ASAP yard until 3, then sewers until 8 or so, then Kerra til 12-15 before making the hike to Guk.

And make sure to do the stupid necklace quest first thing (Initiate of the Tribunal I think?) - that summons a pretty nice newbie melee weapon for those first levels that melee matters.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn shame they nerfed the gnoll fang quest in Qeynos. Easiest Barb route was to mow down every gnoll in Blackburrow and hand the teeth in Qeynos. That would net you great xp and a moonstone. Then you take the moonstones to another guy in Qeynos for minor xp and some beer. They nerfed the quest xp reward massively now to the point no one bothers.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah they nerfed all quest xp across the board. i used to do the red wine quest to like level 10 then start leveling. life was much simpler then

• 1Solidarity