Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It does surprise me that there are still things left that can be abused to the point that they get changed. The two fire beetle eye quests had been in the game since forever but it wasn't until Phinny that we saw mainstream factory farming of quest items. I had used the Grobb version since classic to skip the early levels but the Freeport one was just an entirely different beast. The two quests looked identical for the first few levels in terms of their rewards but that Freeport one just continued to pump out massive amounts of experience. It was like the quest was just plain coded differently that other quests in the game.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you're doing Barb - I'd probably just head to Qeynos ASAP yard until 3, then sewers until 8 or so, then Kerra til 12-15 before making the hike to Guk.

And make sure to do the stupid necklace quest first thing (Initiate of the Tribunal I think?) - that summons a pretty nice newbie melee weapon for those first levels that melee matters.

My necro is lvl 11 and I was just in black burrow. Go to kerra island you say?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Barb is a worthless race. Go ogre or troll all the fucking way.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Mmm my monk twink is so sweet. I snuck into a hole group at 33 last night and was the puller. Cracked an exp pot and went to town. Went from 33 to nearly 38 in those 4 hours. Was kinda funny when I got the level 35 achievement, group was like wtf you just hit 35? Surprisingly I was doing quite good damage actually even vs mobs 10-15 levels higher than me and was able to take a few rounds without much trouble.

Last edited:

Barakas

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those with prior TLP experience, once Kunark unlocks will heavily camped classic zone areas start to lighten up (i.e., jboots, gebs, etc)?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My necro is lvl 11 and I was just in black burrow. Go to kerra island you say?

Kerra Isle >>> Blackburrow... for starters nothing runs (or nearly nothing - I think the animals might technically run but you're there to slay pussy)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Eh, it's been a long time coming - so many quests had frankly busted XP. At least Frenzic's versions needed something that wasn't vendored - only red wine snuck through as a vendor one, and it only really worked because of how trivial it was to get the money and to->from the vendor.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So I wanna do some parse tests to see how much of a difference dext makes. Anyone know a good one to use? Never really did this shit before.

Vaclav

So I wanna do some parse tests to see how much of a difference dext makes. Anyone know a good one to use? Never really did this shit before.

75 to 255 dex from memory increases proc rate from like 2ppm to 3ppm - it's basically nothing.