Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
75 to 255 dex from memory increases proc rate from like 2ppm to 3ppm - it's basically nothing.

Apparently dext works quite differently on this server than it used to back in the day. It's suppose to increase your chance to land hits as well as damage dealt.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Kerra Isle >>> Blackburrow... for starters nothing runs (or nearly nothing - I think the animals might technically run but you're there to slay pussy)

Ty for the tip. I honestly forgot about kerra and my characters didn't level over there back in the day.

I'll be there for a few levels before I make the trek across karana and down to Guk.

Black burrows godawful pathing and everything about that zone is still hilarity though!

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Lulz so I made my 5 necro/1druid yesterday, ran around nektulos for a day got to 12, logged off, now the server is up and they banned all 6 accounts, no emails, never got visited by a gm or a guide. Have no idea why. Love DBG. It'll take them a month to reply as well, time to start over.

I also had my first mage group that had the two week suspension, well 2 of those accounts were banned after the suspension was lifted, I petitioned about that and still havent heard anything in 4 days. Why ban 2 and not all 6? And why?

They send emails for suspensions but not bans, seems automated. I think it has to do with krono. The account I traded the 6 krono from, to start my necro team is also banned, and it was only a mule account to hold krono. So trading my own new accounts 1 krono each to activate got them banned and the account that gave them banned.

so bros, be carefulz trading dem kronoz

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
How much playtime would it take to get lvl 1-50 on a non pro solo class? Like 40 hours? More? I'm getting the itch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No more resist song, I want to see that dps fly.

Lol. More dps from drums + 3 chants, then any melee you can do in classic :p

With no double attack or anything its pretty abysmal. And iirc don't even get double attack till like PoP and its from the AA not a skill.

Me and other bard just laugh as we override each others tash while swinging every so often for 8-12 damage(on motm mob).

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So I did some parses. Dext definitely increases chance to hit and overall damage done. Also interestingly despite being told by many monks, Smoldering brand is significantly better than plain fist for monks until at least level 38.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, Brand is going to be better than fist for a good chunk of leveling at least. I'm pretty dubious about the dex parsing though, how long were your parses under what conditions? A good parse will be hours long against an identical mob that doesn't fight back.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Are you sure you weren't just increasing your skill? You said you went from 33-38 in 4 hours, your skills probably weren't maxed out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, Brand is going to be better than fist for a good chunk of leveling at least. I'm pretty dubious about the dex parsing though, how long were your parses under what conditions? A good parse will be hours long against an identical mob that doesn't fight back.

Ya I guess I need to put in more tests. Was just going by a couple dozen but it was clearly noticeable with a 90 dext differential. Fights went from like 60 avg to 70 and dps went from like 25-28 to 30-33. Was fighting spectres which have a range of about 3 levels.

Dunno whats AHI?

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
So I did some parses. Dext definitely increases chance to hit and overall damage done. Also interestingly despite being told by many monks, Smoldering brand is significantly better than plain fist for monks until at least level 38.

get to 50, max melee skills, and get a dex buff. I can say it doesnt do anything lol.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Ya I guess I need to put in more tests. Was just going by a couple dozen but it was clearly noticeable with a 90 dext differential. Fights went from like 60 avg to 70 and dps went from like 25-28 to 30-33. Was fighting spectres which have a range of about 3 levels.

Dunno whats AHI?
AGI

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
get to 50, max melee skills, and get a dex buff. I can say it doesnt do anything lol.

It does something with procs. It's just not a meaningful enough something to justify going out and getting dex on gear deliberately. It IS enough that a war with a pair of auged yaks could justify bothering a shaman for the buff.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
When you hover over dext in game it says it increases chance to hit as well as damage dealt. My parses so far have seemed to confirmed this. I'll have to try some more with more stable settings.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dex being capped makes you go from 1 proc of a 75dd to 2 procs in one minute. Its a horrible stat and this is the 3rd time on Agnarr someone has mentioned dex for DPS which is crazy. Not to mention it was parsed while leveling?

Theres test dummies on test in Lake Rathes arena you can leave your character attacking for 8+ hour parses (psssst its been done 100 times, dex is trash).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user