Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going talk to Grisvok and Dannin tonight in Mumble and see what they think in general about it. @Tearofsoul you should come try, I mainly did the open world on Phinny and it was a fucking blast with these animals from here and new friends.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm kinda interested in this but I've only played P99.

What is phinny like?

Can classes solo and shit? Are rogues good? Do they have abilities or is it still backstab?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Pssh Elaida? He's just gonna have someone PL him to 50 then disappear until vulak drops a ranger sword and happyfeet gets it. I'm gonna check this out for farming purposes lol.

I mean fuck we just did ragefire classic-kunark and then phinigel classic-pop, y'all nuts it gets to the point whats the race if everyone has their own instance and we just did this a year ago. perhaps it would be fun to just make a necro to train people again

the real question is if they'll fix how people box on phinigel. phinigel was fun in the beginning when I was one of a few 6 boxers, didnt see many until velious. now everyone knows and people will be boxing left and right on this "brand new true box" server

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Played many EMU servers - how is the rule set here?
What is the xp rate on Lockjaw? How close to the original?

Do they roll back the spells/pets to the original or are they the patched versions?

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm going talk to Grisvok and Dannin tonight in Mumble and see what they think in general about it. @Tearofsoul you should come try, I mainly did the open world on Phinny and it was a fucking blast with these animals from here and new friends.
If enough people get involved I might just do it too then. Depends what's going on with Phinny and if we're just sort of in easy farm mode or if we're pretty actively doing stuff all the time.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PoP-locked and not relaxing Truebox at all? Don't think I'll be in.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Server confirmed awesome.

Yea, fuck those people that want people to not treat people like shit when there's no reason to them.... /rolleyes

If I was going to play it was going to be non-raid/guild level anyhow though, so tired of the bullshit that still persists when there's zero reason for it.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

vector5

Molten Core Raider
This is tempting, I played a shitload of NL over the past few months. (King/Berserker in game). I think it's time to return to the real shit. I'm tempted to play a Ranger just so I can say "and my bow!!!!" everytime I join a group. That and I have always wanted to gear one out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yea, fuck those people that want people to not treat people like shit when there's no reason to them.... /rolleyes

If I was going to play it was going to be non-raid/guild level anyhow though, so tired of the bullshit that still persists when there's zero reason for it.

23vyk2o.jpg

Vaclav

Right, because the appropriate response to character assassination is "DERP! I'm a fucking retard!" like you do.

Within two hours of the announcement I'd already had six different friends request my presence DIRECTLY for Agnarr - and if I cared to tally at this point it's probably into the high teens.

If it wasn't for people like me, trying to wrangle people into treating each other better they'd likely have never bothered to make the Phinigel experiment which has proven wildly successful. I won't take personal credit for it, many people suggested something like it - but if everyone was OK with the lazy half-assed version of TLP we got for 1.0/2.0 we'd likely have never seen Phinigel and it's gangbuster success.

But please, troll on. Some of us love the game, but not the drama. I'll be trying to refrain from responding to further nonsense like this. (Knowing myself, I'll fail - it's a weakness)

• 7Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

rad

Lord of Guk
For the love of god, someone take his shovel away!

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So where are mage pets gonna stand on this? Is there still the debuff, or is it gonna be back to early Ragefire rape-fest? What about Monk fist tables, same thing I am guessing?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So where are mage pets gonna stand on this? Is there still the debuff, or is it gonna be back to early Ragefire rape-fest? What about Monk fist tables, same thing I am guessing?

I think that betting on nerfed pet defenses, the pet aggro changes on raid targets, and then Mitigation of the Mighty + Mark of the Old Ways is reasonable. Did Phinny have the pet aggro changes for its entire duration? I'm curious how quickly they were able to take down Vox and Nagafen and what kind of force it took.

No reason to think Monks won't continue to be awesome.