Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think that betting on nerfed pet defenses, the pet aggro changes on raid targets, and then Mitigation of the Mighty + Mark of the Old Ways is reasonable. Did Phinny have the pet aggro changes for its entire duration? I'm curious how quickly they were able to take down Vox and Nagafen and what kind of force it took.

No reason to think Monks won't continue to be awesome.

Phinny had the Mage nerf from day one. They killed them the good ol fashioned way. Check out the kill timers at phinnykills.com, it looks like Vox died in nine days and Nagafen died in 11.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Phinny had ass XP rates, its going to be much much faster with Ragefire / Lockjaw xp rates. The dragons most likely will be dead in 24-36 hours.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Confirmed, body is ready. Wonder what an early summer release actually means to Daybreak.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Phinny had ass XP rates, its going to be much much faster with Ragefire / Lockjaw xp rates. The dragons most likely will be dead in 24-36 hours.

I think Zaide's got the fastest prog server dragon kills at 40 and 44 hours and those versions didn't have Mitigation of the Mighty or pet aggro changes. I'd think 3-4 days? You'll actually need a real tank and real healers.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think Zaide's got the fastest prog server dragon kills at 40 and 44 hours and those versions didn't have Mitigation of the Mighty or pet aggro changes. I'd think 3-4 days? You'll actually need a real tank and real healers.

Running a group with good Enchanters might be even faster than a six mage crew. That said, we killed Nagafen at level 37 which I don't see happening w/ a real tank and MoTM active.

These are the times I project:
Nagafen: 80 Hours
Vox: 84 hours
Inny: 94 hours
CT: 100 hours
EoV: 7-10 days

I think we could possibly shave 8 hours on those timers too. Depending on the crew and how much the server crashes. Korrupt might have a plan that blows mine out of the water though.

• 1Like

Noahx

N00b
Based on Phinny, probably a huge bloat of ENC initially until people remember how shitty raiding is as one post Kunark. SHM will be rare and most rage quit before group buffs are avail. Mages / Necros are always farm friendly.

Faster xp and instance raiding will make this a haven for people that want to Alt Up. Could mean guilds have a wider range of resource flexibility (extra clerics, dps, etc). Heck we were doing two group instance raids for giggles and rare toys.

They better fucking address Shissar, Vessel, and Tomb for Enc Epics ... no one needs that kinda stress in their lives.

Sterling

El Presidente
Based on Phinny, probably a huge bloat of ENC initially until people remember how shitty raiding is as one post Kunark. SHM will be rare and most rage quit before group buffs are avail. Mages / Necros are always farm friendly.

Faster xp and instance raiding will make this a haven for people that want to Alt Up. Could mean guilds have a wider range of resource flexibility (extra clerics, dps, etc). Heck we were doing two group instance raids for giggles and rare toys.

They better fucking address Shissar, Vessel, and Tomb for Enc Epics ... no one needs that kinda stress in their lives.
I doubt it, although they did fix the Bard bottleneck. Broken Golem likely to be a super shitshow once again, and double Marl for SK epic as well.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Running a group with good Enchanters might be even faster than a six mage crew. That said, we killed Nagafen at level 37 which I don't see happening w/ a real tank and MoTM active.

These are the times I project:
Nagafen: 80 Hours
Vox: 84 hours
Inny: 94 hours
CT: 100 hours
EoV: 7-10 days

I think we could possibly shave 8 hours on those timers too. Depending on the crew and how much the server crashes. Korrupt might have a plan that blows mine out of the water though.

With LJ/RF XP and your previous performance, I think you've got the dragons about right but got a feeling you're lowballing the Planar targets with instancing as part of the plan options now.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
They should really crank mitigation, nerf player power and/or set instance caps at 36 if this is the plan... Especially in Luclin and PoP. The trivial-ness of VT in like week 3 of Luclin is what broke me on Phinny. Having it actually take a few months to get into Time would also make PoP more interesting.

Sterling

El Presidente
They should really crank mitigation, nerf player power and/or set instance caps at 36 if this is the plan... Especially in Luclin and PoP. The trivial-ness of VT in like week 3 of Luclin is what broke me on Phinny. Having it actually take a few months to get into Time would also make PoP more interesting.
It will never take a few weeks to get into time at this point. On Phinny it was down in like 2 days and would have been faster if the server didnt shit up a couple of times.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How fast is Ragefire speed?

Think someone quoted it at 4% cap per mob or something like that with 50% live XP rate. AKA aim for high cons.

That might be somewhat off, been a while - but that ballpark.

I am a returning player to the EQ game, I was with TL when it started and went hard at launch to get to lvl 50 as a Bard within the first 3 days. I raided a few weeks with TL before having to leave the game due to my elbow surgery and unable to use my right arm for 3 months. I remember seeing FoH around a lot on RF server, and was inquiring if you all will once again start up and be raiding on Agnarr. I have been lurking your forums and seen a lot of interest so far.

I guess I am really looking to see if you are going to be on the new server and if you will be accepting new members at the start up. I work for a semi-pro hockey team and our season will be done in April and playoffs by the end of May. So I can once again Quick level up at the start with minimal interrupted game play. I played a Bard with TL on Ragefire, and before that was a Monk with Realm of Insanity on Fippy. Either of those classes I can do easily, but I am also willing to play anything else that would be more benefical to the guild.

I'll be back home on Monday, going to reinstall EQ and get back into the game, do you all have a guild raiding on Phinny? Just looking to see if I can join and get to know everyone before the new server opens up, if you all are willing to have me that is. I've also used to run raids years and years ago for Fire and Fury on Firionia Vie server as a Monk. But anything I can do to help out the rest of the guild I am willing to do.

Thank you for the invite to the forums and your time.

Kiddwycked

Bonez - Bard on Ragefire
Guillaumee - Monk on Fippy Darkpaw
Guillaumee - Monk on Firionia Vie

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds fun if not for, you know, being summer and drinking beers on a boat.

Might say hi in winter.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
It will never take a few weeks to get into time at this point. On Phinny it was down in like 2 days and would have been faster if the server didnt shit up a couple of times.

You're probably right, and obviously this old game is pretty solved, but it is too bad. You don't think there are any easy levers to pull to make this feel like more of an accomplishment?

Sterling

El Presidente
You're probably right, and obviously this old game is pretty solved, but it is too bad. You don't think there are any easy levers to pull to make this feel like more of an accomplishment?
I mean they already added Mark of the Mighty to this stuff. I don't think there's any real way of doing it without changing mechanics or something. I mean we split our raid up and with a bunch of alts and shit did quarm 5 times tonight with around ~ 30 characters in each raid.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Something that might be interesting would be the addition of a few additional raid encounters. It wouldn't take much. You could just pick yourself up the model for Vox, add a bunch of crazy shit, and have it spawn somewhere shitty and useless. Maybe put a super lethal Faydeder into Erud's Crossing, that kind of thing. Just a few retarded difficult bonus encounters per expansion.

• 1Like