Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah the only way it could become more difficult would be with new mechanics or encounters and even then it would be easy once we figured them out.

The only real challenge left is doing it faster than the last guy.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah the only way it could become more difficult would be with new mechanics or encounters and even then it would be easy once we figured them out.

The only real challenge left is doing it faster than the last guy.

It's a nice dream to have a new challenge, but without a complete redo on the content top to bottom it's implausible unfortunately. =/

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Something that might be interesting would be the addition of a few additional raid encounters. It wouldn't take much. You could just pick yourself up the model for Vox, add a bunch of crazy shit, and have it spawn somewhere shitty and useless. Maybe put a super lethal Faydeder into Erud's Crossing, that kind of thing. Just a few retarded difficult bonus encounters per expansion.

Their current money grab is clearly these TLPs, always wondered why they didn't just add a new retarded raid and make it as close as possible to what the accompanying expansion is in terms of feel, lore etc. Would add a little flavor, even if it hits the nostalgia a little.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I talked to Gris last night Zaide and if competition shows up we'll join you for at minimum expac releases and keying with a chunk of our top raiders. Elaida and I kept playing phone tag yesterday but I assume he would probably come with us as well.

We didnt pet anything down on Phinny and got every server first 50, 60, 65 and raid mobs. Its still very easy, those dragons are easy enough to one group when you're classic raid geared and thats actually how we raided them in splits. I still dont think anyone barely knows our XP paths and spots as well as they were empty again when we did classic, kunark etc. We'll have a ton of our learnings and experiences to share if competition shows up.

Sterling

El Presidente
I talked to Gris last night Zaide and if competition shows up we'll join you for at minimum expac releases and keying with a chunk of our top raiders. Elaida and I kept playing phone tag yesterday but I assume he would probably come with us as well.

We didnt pet anything down on Phinny and got every server first 50, 60, 65 and raid mobs. Its still very easy, those dragons are easy enough to one group when you're classic raid geared and thats actually how we raided them in splits. I still dont think anyone barely knows our XP paths and spots as well as they were empty again when we did classic, kunark etc. We'll have a ton of our learnings and experiences to share if competition shows up.
Yeah the racing is fun, just kind of hard to get excited about killing Trakanon everyday for 2 months again.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sounds good Korrupt.

Alright forum bros, we are officially open for business. We will be doing open world mobs for those interested but we will also do scheduled instance clears if that's your thing. Official name is TBD since putting it out early just means some tard will snipe it.

Just so there is no confusion, we will be pushing for server firsts and trying to complete all content as fast as possible each expansion.

Mention your RR/FoH name when you register.

Faceless Gaming – A Pantheon Guild

Noahx

N00b
Good group leveling with xp pots rolling can get pretty insane. I wouldn't be surprised at a lvl per hour until the late 30s. Even after that it might be 90 mins per.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good group leveling with xp pots rolling can get pretty insane. I wouldn't be surprised at a lvl per hour until the late 30s. Even after that it might be 90 mins per.

That sounds more like Phinny XP rate - not LJ/RF - LJ/RF in Classic I distinctly remember under an hour being a goal with pots running. I think a few times people were even aiming at 30 min levels even in the 40's.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Decisions, do I roll bard again and just deal with my hatred of kiting fear or finally branch out into that wizard or rogue I've always wanted to gear out.

Would possibly be interested in rolling up with you dudes - I'm guessing you don't have a problem with occasional posters signing up as long as I can actually play EQ and am not a dick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The top groups on Lockjaw were 37-40 at 40 hours in, but they were using 5-6 mages a piece. I know at some point they actually had a patch that improved LJ/RF exp and I think we may be using that exp change, so it could be even faster that what RF/LJ were at launch.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Korrupt Korrupt , How long does it take to level to 50 on these TLP servers? Assuming you have a secret leveling path with a static group.

With what we know now I would say Vox / Naggy down around the 28-35 hour mark and level 50 by 2 days max for most normal people pushing hard. That's whats fun about the TLP's, you can just go hard for a day or two and then go into casual mode or just raid whenever you want on your schedule. The amount of raid loot that drops is retarded bro, we're currently 5 splitting Quarm now. Your alts will be full BiS let alone you. As dumb as it sounds there really is secret places to XP that the mobs are fucking broken and no one goes anywhere near them.

Our plan is to just coordinate with Zaide and his guild since we'll be preparing for GoD on Phinigel it makes more sense for us to join Zaide. We can do a knowledge dump on his website, coordinate pre-made grind groups, and most likely our groups will play whatever Zaide needs to win dragons first.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Upside of being a teacher is having plenty of time for shit like this in the summer.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I might jump in on this as well. Always enjoy the first month or so at least of these releases. Summer will be chaos for me irl but hopefully can make some time. Look forward to collecting pixels with you fellas

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So how fucking hardcore do you guys do this, like 24/7 type shit until your bodies fail? or 8-10 hrs a day? Or a ful out marathon to get 50? What are we talking here?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So how fucking hardcore do you guys do this, like 24/7 type shit until your bodies fail? or 8-10 hrs a day? Or a ful out marathon to get 50? What are we talking here?

mkopec mkopec Zaide's a 20-hours-a-day-in-a-full-premade-sleeping-in-shifts-until-this-shit's-on-farm kinda guy.

The racing aside going super big at the open is just so damned helpful. I hadn't really ever gotten to take advantage of actual organization before this last set of prog servers and just being a few standard deviations from the mean made the entire experience better. Having to LFG is for peasants.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm in for this one. Not sure what I want to play this time around. I'm assuming you'll have tanks covered?