Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haha those fucking faggots. Remember when they were trying to scam people on Redguides. Fucking shitlords.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I feel bad for the Asian poker player that got tied into the same episode as these scumbags. You can very feasibly make a living playing poker full time. You cannot make a living buying scratch off tickets. It's not even gambling, it's just fucking retarded.

KilyinRZ

Trakanon Raider
Back in the day shaman kobolds would buff shit with see invis. Nothing had it innately - and I forget what races they'd target (other dogs and LDCs I'm pretty sure of but beyond that, unsure) - but again, no not everything saw invis even early on. I did Sol B KPC and window extensively early on, besides named and the rare mob that got an SI buff from a kobold very little saw invis back in the day. I actually never set foot in Guk for leveling or otherwise until the TLP cycle started - I was always a SolB leveler.

And the roamer that's the guano PH does roam all the fuck over and has a chance of being a shaman - so in theory anything had a chance - but even before evil Erudites were added (my first char switch) invising to KPC was easily doable as long as named weren't up.

I'll admit I rarely did past dogs early on - but every time I dared to try the bats n bugs section it was the bats that ruined my day trying to poke around - OR something buffed with SI. Which again, was a commonly casted shaman NPC spell back in the day before they made them brighter about what buffs to cast. (Just like how shaman NPCs used to use Inner Fire or whatever that joke of low level buff was - they would crap buff the shit out of everything near them)

PH for guano was a roaming sonic bat. I remember this zone pretty well because I spent a lot of time there back in the day. I've also noticed in the efreeti room itself, they changed the spawns... there used to be 3 static spawns in the room including the efreeti/ph, now there's just the efreeti/ph and some roamers. So if they've changed that much, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing sees invis now as well. You may be right about the shamans buffing the other kobolds, I always thought it was just innate... but whatever the case those assholes saw through invis... and for sure the imps and lava guardians did as well.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's funny how far MTV has fallen. They have to do episodes on "gamblers" who aren't really gamblers, as mentioned by Keg. Jesus. Rough times. Guess Teen Mom keeps them afloat.

Comparing Sam Deathwalker to Adabashi is a spot on exposition of classic EQ versus this server. Similar on the surface, but the latter is considerably less fun and exponentially more sad.

agree! this shit used to be omg-level weird/funny. Now it's "are you actually serious?" level sadness, imho. Nice post Keg!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
he said in channel how he'd only end up working 2-3 hours a day while playing games at a missile defense station.

When I first started I was working nights and was basically on call on location all night in case something happened. Lot of free time to play EQ. But never once did I think, gee I'll make a career out of it or get 8 computers and do it. Just me maybe.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they still come around redguides and scam people regularly, scamming people is their income.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys were actually on the right track =) Yes I was in the navy for quite some time. His screenshots of the chat were a tad bit taken out of context though. When I said that technically that guys tax dollars do pay for my accounts, it was in reference to the fact that I worked for the government for over a decade. The working only 2-3 hours a day at a missile defense base statement was a response to someone saying all government employees are lazy pieces of shit, so I just wanted to throw that out there to fuel his stereotype, which what I said is partly true. The last 3 years I worked at a BMD base and my job was to facilitate 2 week BMD scenarios for the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines to get their yearly certification. The only times we really had to work was while running these scenarios which was only about half the year, so the other half we only worked from maybe 8-10am, and a lot of days just didn't come in to work period if nothing was going on.

No Korrupt Korrupt I am not Depressedfeet. I grabbed his name for him since he wasn't going to be playing until later, since people think it's funny to steal names, RIP Atabishi. Like I said before, I was intentionally wiping during those trains because I knew there was an AFK GM there running vid capture (he was there to investigate me, after he found nothing he said he was going afk with vid capture on to catch any potential trainers), which I even told Keg about before he trained. The person is way more likely to be suspended if they actually wipe your group instead of me just CC'ing it all and killing it.

As far as OGC being the top guild on phinny, that's just a difference in opinion and perception. I never really considered AoS to be a real guild. They were respected by no one on the server, and were more of a constant rotating door of a zerg force that most people used to just get quick gear and move on quickly to a 3 day a week raiding guild. AoS only had a small clique crew that actually knew how to play the game, and the rest were just complete noobs. I raided with OGC for a year, and I'd have to say about 90% of the people that were raiding when I joined, were still raiding with OGC when I left. Pound for pound the players in OGC were just better. Your talks of open world content only matters on a non-instanced server. On an instanced server, if you don't have attrition in your guild, there is absolutely no reason to do open world content. Your entire guild will be fully geared half way through the expansion from just purely instanced raiding, work smarter not harder. I can fully understand though why AoS had to lock down open world, given your system. You had so much attrition and so many accounts being sold off, that you had to obtain twice as much gear as others just to keep up. Most guilds didn't have this problem though. I've been playing online games for over 20 years now, and the one universal thing across all games, is that if you hack or cheat you are not legitimate. I actually raided with AoS in velious a few times logged in to AoS mains and a couple times in PoP, and the blatant MQ'ing, showeq notifications on twitter, the exploit anything and everything mentality, was just too much in AoS. You cannot call yourself legitimate players or a guild when you use all of this, especially when you are only beating content a day or two before other guilds. Despite popular belief, I was never able to catch a single person using MQ on a raid in OGC and we never used exploits. Dima may have used exploits on past servers, I don't know because I didn't play them, but if he did then he definitely saw the error of his ways and was always against the use of any exploit during a raid in OGC. I've spent most of my online gaming playing FPS's, MOBA's, and PVP style MMORPG's. This is the first some what non-pvp style game I've played. In every game I have ever played though, no matter if you are #1 on the ladder, if you used hacks or exploits to get there, you are not legitimate.

No matter what you guys think, I don't hate any of you. I just call it how I see it. Because of my love for PVP style games, I try to incorporate as much PVP as I can in to EQ. It's all just fun and games.

ps. For all the people with accusations of neckbeard basement dweller RMT'er disabled blah blah, it's funny to me how none of you ever thought to do an easy google search of my name, considering with the right +"added information" after atabishi you can pretty much find out anything and everything about me.

• 6Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
200.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No matter what you guys think, I don't hate any of you. I just call it how I see it. Because of my love for PVP style games, I try to incorporate as much PVP as I can in to EQ. It's all just fun and games.

ps. For all the people with accusations of neckbeard basement dweller RMT'er disabled blah blah, it's funny to me how none of you ever thought to do an easy google search of my name, considering with the right +"added information" after atabishi you can pretty much find out anything and everything about me.

No hate here either fam. Firstly, nobody really cares about you enough to google you. You're no Sam D.

Are you contesting that using the rules, as they are, to steamroll over another group for their camp because you can is good and legitimate play to you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Your opinion of what the top guild is...... I'm sure in your mind you're very special and Dima gave you a gold star for effort. In the real world thought you were very bad at raid leading and we caused you to cease open world raiding attempts permanently, the community holds us a heroes for taking down the by far most autistic guild of all time. I can see why you'd be upset at all of us and why you have such a childish excuse for failing.

You opinion luckily isn't the metric for anything other than where you are on the broke dick IRL spectrum that you have to sell in game currency to make ends meet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Saying you couldnt catch any "OGC" using MQ2 on phinigel doesnt have much merit, there werent that many people who had working MQ2 on phinigel, if it was available I'm sure it would have been used in OGC. As I said in the channel, OGC is no different than AOS, its all the same people. TL folded, people went to citizen on fippy, then ragefire came and some stayed with citizen and others went to TL, and so on for the next TLPs.

Biggest example I can think of is thraka or yace.