Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This anti competition camp sounds beta as fuck. Maybe I'm missing something but what was the point of these people jumping to the raiding branch of you guys guild if they don't want to get their feet wet.

It's a process! I'm working on it.

Remember some of these people have never played EQ before!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya back on ragefire we would recruit necros with giant snake fangs in their main weapons. we had a shaman in full raw hide. really gotta teach the worthy ones so dps carries.

sounds like a good guild tho dude class leaders is the way to go have them 1 on 1 with the shitters for gear bis and rotations. thats what i thought we should do on ragefire and phini but it was all about "attrition"

Ryoz

<Donor>
That's the way to do it. Find capable people, put trust in them, have them handling lower level issues you don't need to be dealing with. People like responsibility, especially if you let them do things their own way.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
That's the way to do it. Find capable people, put trust in them, have them handling lower level issues you don't need to be dealing with. People like responsibility, especially if you let them do things their own way.

Yeah i'm growing my core slowly but surely we made some class leads who really get involved with the members and it allows me to focus on herding the cats to victory.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For some classes (eg necro) as long as you have the focuses, shit in other slots doesn't matter. Trying to replace every slot is going to be worse than just focusing on key focuses.

Also a ton of returning and especially p99ers do not know about these focuses or undervalue them if they do. Many good necro focuses are quickest found on poor stat gear, eg necks from lguk live or the ol GSD.

Your class leads shouldn't just be playing gear nanny spying for cloth. They need to help people gear properly.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
For some classes (eg necro) as long as you have the focuses, shit in other slots doesn't matter. Trying to replace every slot is going to be worse than just focusing on key focuses.

Also a ton of returning and especially p99ers do not know about these focuses or undervalue them if they do. Many good necro focuses are quickest found on poor stat gear, eg necks from lguk live or the ol GSD.

Your class leads shouldn't just be playing gear nanny spying for cloth. They need to help people gear properly.

It's ok to be a gear nanny when I have people crawling over each other for spots.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah i'm growing my core slowly but surely we made some class leads who really get involved with the members and it allows me to focus on herding the cats to victory.

The setup I used with the other RL was like what you said herding cats. One person handles the raid tool and making groups while the other only led the raid. Pullers, healers, and tanks were autonomous. IE: Tanks put TO in MOTD one time so people dont have to ask or spam like retards, Clerics had CH chain or whatever setup alone, and pullers had trash pulled as soon as one group was in zone.

Second main policy also bolstered our main raids #s during the daytime which were setup VERY strict and with a lot of rules but they greatly improved our performance. Second mains can only be requested once you're main is fully BiS, the 2nd main had to be in some kind of decent gear, and lastly it was and still is 100% at our leaders discretion. He has to review your toons BOTH and talk to you before only he having the power to promote. They're limited to only bidding at a capped rate once the expansion hits 1/2 the way point and the first half they pretty much can only get rot loot.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's ok to be a gear nanny when I have people crawling over each other for spots.

No, I mean a nanny about weak slots. Be a gear nanny about having the critical items as opposed to being one about missing filler crap. Key focuses + garbage > missing focuses + stat gear.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Got to 30 with my SK in banded. Got to Lguk BR. Held that shit for 5 hours. Got Large Bronze to replace 1/2 my banded. Getting upgrades while getting exp feels reaaaaalll nice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about starting a magician on here. Looks like tons are boxed but are there many mains?

Really only play classes I can solo exp on.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Got to 30 with my SK in banded. Got to Lguk BR. Held that shit for 5 hours. Got Large Bronze to replace 1/2 my banded. Getting upgrades while getting exp feels reaaaaalll nice.

Spent about 4 hours there yesterday on enchanter to 33 - had a warrior alt who had issues but managed to not wipe until a train of about 15. Still think we might have survived it if he hadn't kept switching targets causing casters to DoT multiple mobs.

What I don't get is the time it takes to get a group, and yet I spend 30 - 40 mins trying to find a rep that can crowd control every time.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not a ton of mains. There's very little reason to solo on this server other than farming at 50 though and the good camps are a clusterfuxk. If you fire it up let me know will get you some starter plat. Long time no see.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
seems like the hardest thing to find is a tank which is fine now but may suck come kunark on the higher end group stuff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's not broken when in the hand of a player.

Yes it is. The pet spawns and dies instantly, doesn't even attempt to melee anything. It's just a blank 10/25 weapon currently until/if they patch something.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Thinking about starting a magician on here. Looks like tons are boxed but are there many mains?

Really only play classes I can solo exp on.

The exp bonus for grouping is so tasty, and there are so many people around, that soloability really doesn't end up being much of a factor unless you're antisocial. And if you're antisocial, well, there's a TON of people around, so do you want to play here anyway?