Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The guild Conquest would have been the first to kill (Ventani?) the last warder and wake the sleeper however they were banned because their strategy of positioning clerics under the bridge where they could not be hit was considered an exploit. They argued that if clerics actually had aggro they would be summoned making the strategy legal. Verant disagreed.

I believe FoH then went on to kill the last warder using the "leet arroz tactic."

That is correct as I remember. I had just joined the guild (officially.. had been raiding with them for awhile) and went on vacation. When I came back on vacation there was 2-3 people I knew from the guild online which was odd. I remember getting the lowdown and checking out the website for all the pictures. There's a bit more to the story than that... When they dropped the last warder, the Sleeper turned into a giant human model. The script was pretty messed up to if my memories serves me.

Here's a link with some comments of what people claimed to have happened or you can google it and find plenty... Can anyone give a me detailed story of what was The Sleeper? - GU Forums

The bottom line or conspiracy is they woke him before it was ready and Sony despawned the Sleeper and claimed exploits to cover up the fact it was all messed up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I sorta remember part of the "exploit" involved them using CotH to manage healer aggro? That ring any bells with anyone?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
"The Guild Conquest awakened the Sleeper for the first time and promptly got banned for doing it. Verant claims they did it by using an exploit. I'll leave it up to you to debate whether or not that is what happened. Here's the explanation they posted on their website: We were fighting the 4th warder (ventani) and had it down to 60% or so when kerafyrm spawned, and wiped us out. Kerafyrm then killed the 4th warder. Roughly 15 minutes laster, GM Valdelmar comes in and has this to say. [Tue Jun 05 00:37:10 2001] Valdelmar shouts, 'Everyone that is in this zone, has a corpse in this zone, or was involved in the invasion of this zone is receiving a warning for Exploitation.' Now this is where it gets good. When asked what exactly we exploited, here was the answer: [Tue Jun 05 00:44:50 2001] Valdelmar tells you, 'We witnessed your clerics below the bridge keeping the warders agro by complete heal so that the tanks could safely kill. That's exploitation' Now, anyone who plays the high EQ game or has a reasonable knowledge of EQ game dynamics knows that this completly IMPOSSIBLE to exploit. The mobs summon ability negates this exploit 100%. If the clerics are top on aggro list, they get summoned up from below the bridge, and killed nearly instantly. The mob was on ME (the warrior) the entire battle, besides when it decided it was mad at my clerics - which is when it killed them in no time flat. The full story, with screenshots, is at this link."

Link is ded.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I sorta remember part of the "exploit" involved them using CotH to manage healer aggro? That ring any bells with anyone?

There's a couple of guys that hang around here that probably know or even experienced first hand....

@Dashal @turbo @Elidroth and i'm sure there's other Lanys folks here somewhere.

Apparently you can't say you are putting someone on ignore on the EQ forums even though it is a built in feature on their forums. I got a warning for "blacklisting" by Roxxlyy.

I swear to God they must have meetings everyday to make sure every DBG employee remembers to be complete fucking dicks to their customers. I mean seriously what the fuck is wrong with those people?

Agent of Change is a complete fucking tool of a troll that spends every day going from thread to thread making asshole comments. I put his duchebag ass on ignore, and I get a warning. Fuck you Roxxlyy.

• 1Salty

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found the Conquest Sleeper video on YouTube.

I have this original video in oldschool .wmv format and it is dated Wednesday, ‎July ‎4, ‎2001, ‏‎3:32:10 PM

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Lol, oh man. Risiko is like the forum warrior, guy who spends more time on the forums playing the game than the actual game. I dont think you have to comment on every post there is. There's no reward for highest post count.

• 1Worf
Lol, oh man. Risiko is like the forum warrior, guy who spends more time on the forums playing the game than the actual game. I dont think you have to comment on every post there is. There's no reward for highest post count.
Meh I get bored as fuck at work. So, am on the forums all day.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My buddy wanted me to get on this for launch and I didnt. Just saw Kunark launched today. Im gonna sign up after work and roll a Iksar SK or Shaman...Never played either could be fun as fuck.

rad

Lord of Guk
My buddy wanted me to get on this for launch and I didnt. Just saw Kunark launched today. Im gonna sign up after work and roll a Iksar SK or Shaman...Never played either could be fun as fuck.

Shaman boi

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Shaman boi

Havent played this shit in forever. Gonna level in the fucking FOB. I never really leveled in the OG Kunark, gonna try to max out without leaving the continent. Got a Serious Dreadlands anticipation boner.

Forgive ignorance, I dont feel like reading back.....you guys on a chat or anything for in game. Ill post character details later.