Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Well there goes my fun for the night, and it didn't even let me in the expedition

thanks.jpg

Seems like detecting a time 6 days beyond what ought to be possible wouldn't be that hard.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
When I logged in to that account on another machine, the kedge time went back to 3 days, which is what it should be, but the 12 day nag stuck. Double lockout and it didn't even let me in.

Been nothing but torques and masks for weeks anyway I guess. I only do the instance for fire giants.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly not even sure why inzane is in guild, He barely raids(6% raid attendence). Just seems to spend all his time PLing characters. I think it's his actual job. Maybe he's friends with someone and should just be put to friends and family dunno. I know multiple people in guild have paid him $ to level characters for them. He's got a friend that joins him now too "Mommy". Wouldn't shock me he trains people out, considering its costing him actual money, so he is going to do everything he can to move people out. Just capture him training and he will get suspended(like keg did for training).

yeah in my post I said thats his job, people on redguides pay him to PL, whether in krono or real cash, then he sells the krono. and somehow on phinigel GM dunbar didnt think him broadcasting 20 or whatever characters at once was worth punishing. there has been many many many posts on official forums since beginning of phinigel kunark about him training people or "pulling over them" but somehow nothing done about it.

obviously the best solution is to keep your camp clear repeatedly and eventually he moves on, i did it a lot on phinigel. just didnt have time this instance

well no one wanted the 5kr, thats surprising considering thats basically giving away $60 lol. it wont be a big deal once I hit 60, I dealt with him on phinigel and at 60 he couldnt train me out.

it also looks like he still PLs on phinigel, which is interesting he's boxing 20 characters on each server.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
When I logged in to that account on another machine, the kedge time went back to 3 days, which is what it should be, but the 12 day nag stuck. Double lockout and it didn't even let me in.

Been nothing but torques and masks for weeks anyway I guess. I only do the instance for fire giants.

ya do open world now, it should be less contested. can easily get a crown in a day or an offhand. hell offhand is prob like 1kr-2kr now and the crown isnt even a krono, tryin to sell one now for 3k and just wont budge.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does research work for kunark spells? Heard both ways so not sure. My thought was on phini the one spot spells like group dmf and gang touch you couldn't research but shit like Demi lich and EoT you can.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The extra long enduring breath looked researchable but I looked it up and the hide was something I hadn't seen before. I haven't done any fighting in kunark though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Does research work for kunark spells? Heard both ways so not sure. My thought was on phini the one spot spells like group dmf and gang touch you couldn't research but shit like Demi lich and EoT you can.

Looks like you can get Demi Lich and EoT here but the specific mob drop spells are still off that mob.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I was explaining to my buddy how to get this hnelen chinese farmer to go away in sebilis, tried to explain "rang rang" that I learned in lienage 2 rofl.. so I google it and urbandictionary has this

bkSKQyHnR2qZv3Sup7CSPQ.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Usually originally

Nice combination of the English alphabet. Respect to the forum member who submitted this.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Few curiosities:
- Are rogues bad because they need too much gear to compete for melee dmg, or just bad? I recall them being great back in the day (after PoF and PoH launched?).
- If rogues are junk, do Rangers do anything at all? I raided as a Warrior, Paladin, and Monk, so I'm contemplating a new class, for the feels.
-If I started now, with Kunark just launching, am I simply too far behind the server and all the low level/vanilla zones are completely empty, or will there still be a lot of people to play with?
- Are there FOHers who play alts or would group to PL as a team, or twink, or help, if the lower levels are deserted?
- Can I toggle something to see the original models for players, not the updated ones?

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Few curiosities:
- Are rogues bad because they need too much gear to compete for melee dmg, or just bad? I recall them being great back in the day (after PoF and PoH launched?).
- If rogues are junk, do Rangers do anything at all? I raided as a Warrior, Paladin, and Monk, so I'm contemplating a new class, for the feels.
-If I started now, with Kunark just launching, am I simply too far behind the server and all the low level/vanilla zones are completely empty, or will there still be a lot of people to play with?
- Are there FOHers who play alts or would group to PL as a team, or twink, or help, if the lower levels are deserted?
- Can I toggle something to see the original models for players, not the updated ones?

1. Rogues are bad by comparison. They are not worse in absolute terms vs their Classic/Kunark/Velious era selves, they have just never gotten the love that Monks have retroactively. Monks have been given out of era damage tables and it's basically insurmountable at least for awhile. I haven't played Phinigel but I've heard some Rogues are high-parsers there. That being said, bad is still relative. A rogue with an epic still does respectable damage in raids and has the benefit that no mob "resists" their DPS.

2. Rangers do decent DPS, in classic on Agnarr they were well represented in parses of Plane of Sky (where after a few islands casters were unable to land any spells), and in fact parsed higher than Rogues. Rangers stay "decent" DPS for awhile and actually get better later on I believe with various AA abilities.

If you're curious what class to play, just pick one you like. Guilds generally have at least some of every class if for no other reason than otherwise class-specific loot rots. If you like Ranger or Rogue, play them and you'll be fine.

3. No clue on how populated the lowbie zones are. With Labor Day and a guaranteed bonus xp weekend coming I suspect if you got up and running by then you'd find a lot of groups in the 10-40 lvl range.

4. Yeah, you can change the settings in your eqclient.ini to turn individual models on/off, I think there's also a executable w/GUI config tool if you prefer that route.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user