Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The lower level zones still seem to have plenty of folks for groups. Pretty easy to catch up and join in. Lots of twinking happening on this server.

Also its pretty easy to find powerlevel services for plat/krono. I helped a few folks grind out toons to 30-50 for krono through classic to help fund the 3 accounts I've been boxing. I find it a more enjoyable way to grind some Kr over fighting for efreeti camps and what not.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Rogues are bad by comparison. They are not worse in absolute terms vs their Classic/Kunark/Velious era selves, they have just never gotten the love that Monks have retroactively. Monks have been given out of era damage tables and it's basically insurmountable at least for awhile. I haven't played Phinigel but I've heard some Rogues are high-parsers there. That being said, bad is still relative. A rogue witha n epic still does respectable damage in raids and has the benefit that no mob "resists" their DPS.

2. Rangers do decent DPS, in classic on Agnarr they were well represented in parses of Plane of Sky (where after a few islands casters were unable to land any spells), and in fact parsed higher than Rogues. Rangers stay "decent" DPS for awhile and actually get better later on I believe with various AA abilities.

If you're curious what class to play, just pick one you like. Guilds generally have at least some of every class if for no other reason than otherwise class-specific loot rots. If you like Ranger or Rogue, play them and you'll be fine.

3. No clue on how populated the lowbie zones are. With Labor Day and a guaranteed bonus xp weekend coming I suspect if you got up and running by then you'd find a lot of groups in the 10-40 lvl range.

4. Yeah, you can change the settings in your eqclient.ini to turn individual models on/off, I think there's also a executable w/GUI config tool if you prefer that route.

Really appreciate the reply, thank you.

If I jump into this, I guess I have to decide if rogue or ranger fits better for time and goals of fun, not necessarily pure dps stats.

I'd also prefer to join a guild of FOH members to shoot the shit and group with consistently, despite just starting out. I see Faceless all over this thread, but I'm clearly not bleeding edge raid-ready.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Really appreciate the reply, thank you.

If I jump into this, I guess I have to decide if rogue or ranger fits better for time and goals of fun, not necessarily pure dps stats.

I'd also prefer to join a guild of FOH members to shoot the shit and group with consistently, despite just starting out. I see Faceless all over this thread, but I'm clearly not bleeding edge raid-ready.

They have a Friends and Family membership angle, though I don't really know any details of it. Might be able to join that way.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
0urzG
Fantasy unbanned, we finally got Prathun to test bind sight and see that @FacelessHacks is a retard.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Nice. Kinda lame their reluctance to unban is based on "overwhelming amount of reports from people who legitimately break rules and cheat/spam/etc all the time." What an excuse.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Velious Era CT is a fun fight. I haven't played EQ in ~15 years and barely remember it. I hope they keep it on Agnarr. Makes PoFear more interesting.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Velious era CT was on Phinny in Kunark as well, but only for a very short period of time. We were only able to kill it once before they changed it back. What version of Innoruuk did you get? We got the PoP version early, but I can't remember if it was in Kunark or Velious. It was probably Velious. Either way, that too was quickly changed back.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
They should just leave Velious era CT, Kunark is pretty light on raiding and I remember in era the Velious revamp to PoFear was pretty easy for its time, so allowing it to stay on Agnarr (where players are generally way more powerful than they were in-era Kunark) actually isn't that out of line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright. Rolled up a char (Ranger named Deeper). Starting late, but I should be able to get to Kunark before too long. Anyone else in the same boat (newb) and want to make groups? Or, any forum guilds want some more people and willing to help speed things up?