Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wildness LOL that's on another level if it works. The way some of us have been doing it involves simple in game buff and a little acrobatics nothing like that.

Dude its crazy how bad the power outages are for some. I have neighbors like 3 houses down who have been out of power since Friday at 10pm.

I assume you're talking about illusion door push stuff. That's an old one, but my group had trouble getting it to work at Crypt a while ago.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assume you're talking about illusion door push stuff. That's an old one, but my group had trouble getting it to work at Crypt a while ago.

Illusion trick and levitate trick where both taken out of game a while ago yes. Something totally different, I learned it from watching a chinese farmer in HHK back during classic on Phinigel.

The homie @Regime even translated to one in PoHate for me, it was really odd that so many chinese RMT farmers were on the server. They know a lot of really odd stuff, would be interesting to get background on their knowledge one day.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I believe I was still able to shrink, sit right on a door, camp, then log back in and click off shrink then walk through. I can't remember if I did that on Agnarr or phini though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Illusion trick and levitate trick where both taken out of game a while ago yes. Something totally different, I learned it from watching a chinese farmer in HHK back during classic on Phinigel.

The homie @Regime even translated to one in PoHate for me, it was really odd that so many chinese RMT farmers were on the server. They know a lot of really odd stuff, would be interesting to get background on their knowledge one day.

Ya I see them ALL the time in seb, they're at king, hiero in multipe picks, sometimes I think its like 1-2 guys. Also saw them in seb on phinigel, one of them leveled like 15 toons at once one time in disco then I saw them all spread out 2 at each hiero across multiple picks, was interesting.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I see them ALL the time in seb, they're at king, hiero in multipe picks, sometimes I think its like 1-2 guys. Also saw them in seb on phinigel, one of them leveled like 15 toons at once one time in disco then I saw them all spread out 2 at each hiero across multiple picks, was interesting.

Still have a screenshot of the main one I would talk to, they were all in that blacksword guild. Good times before I was banned on my entire account from making surnames because I used Fgtogres for like 2 weeks. GM's care about the dumbest shit on these servers.

upload_2017-9-11_23-22-8.png

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
The Rang Rangs in Seb are hilarious. We had one who would say "Cyprt" every 20 minutes even if no one called CC.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
The Rang Rangs in Seb are hilarious. We had one who would say "Cyprt" every 20 minutes even if no one called CC.

Yea, they're still doing it. All picks...24/h a day..... On agnarr....

So anyways, WTS 5 JBBs.....
All my necro can farm during daytime while progressing other boxes since these fuckaz are taking heiro...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya those asians have MQ2, at least the one that camped hiero in phinigel. Dunno that one but like that agnua, and ddyycc guild (dycmage, dycsk, etc) and hnelen/naandan

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya those asians have MQ2, at least the one that camped hiero in phinigel. Dunno that one but like that agnua, and ddyycc guild (dycmage, dycsk, etc) and hnelen/naandan

I wouldn't be surprised if the small number of EQ chinese farmers have their own fork of MQ2. I definitely think MQ2 is getting more and more prevalent on Agnarr each week, which is unfortunate. Like Secrets said there are some professional anti-cheat tools which would easily detect not only MQ2 but *any* monkeying around with the game client. Daybreak even uses one for one of their other games (I can't remember which.) Like I think it's probably rare these days but there's actually ways you can build your own tools to do simple things like warp hacking. I know they've locked a lot of the real obvious paths for that down over the years but the fact that we have Trucidation on video warping to ground spawns means obviously they haven't blocked them all.

The biggest reason I say MQ2 use is becoming more common is just the number of box crews I see running around who are using it. I've multi-boxed in EQ for years, I did it for a long time using MQ2 myself (on servers where its use was not outright prohibited), and I've also multi-boxed for years using "clean" EQ and just isboxer. When using isboxer I obviously have to use autofollow instead of /stick (which is one of if not the most useful MQ2 feature.) So having moved a lot of box groups around using both native autofollow and stick, I can tell basically at a glance when a crew is using /stick (at least with the default range parameters.) Now, you can monkey around with your stick settings and make it look "more natural", but I've seen a lot of 6 man box crews (and more each week) who are running around using something really obvious like /stick 10 on all their boxes and you can just tell instantly if you're familiar with boxing that they aren't using native autofollow.

Contrast that with early Agnarr when I was occasionally farming Efreeti or FGs, and I saw at least 5-6 of the box crews who did that and all of them were almost definitely just using native autofollow (so they weren't using MQ2 /stick.) Depending on how widespread this gets it could be a problem for Daybreak because I think at least part of why Phinny and Agnarr have so many more players than Ragefire and Lockjaw did is this stuff was vastly less prevalent on the True Box servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wynn

Yeah, it would be interesting to know how Chinese farmers even get into EQ. It's a much "lower visibility" game than a lot of the other big MMOs that have stereotypically had large numbers of Chinese RMT farmers.

I do know that there's some stuff that was borderline general knowledge in Old EQ that is lost these days. When you mentioned you had a door trick that still worked I actually logged on my old necro from 2003 or so and tried a trick that was decently well known on the necro discussion board back then and it still works (although was harder to make happen than I remembered.) Ages ago it wasn't trivial to get an illusion if you weren't one of the classes that had illusions, and there were multiple door-bypass tricks that people learned. I think once it became trivial for everyone in game to have a clicky illusion people forgot the old techniques, although when they nerfed illusion door trick they nerfed a lot of the other techniques as well. The old clickable Shadow Step boots used to be OP for bypassing doors, but I don't think it's possible to use SS at all to get through a door now. In the old days there used to be a few class forums that were really good clearinghouses of information, and a lot of them have gone offline and sadly aren't even archived anywhere.

Tarmie

Golden Squire
I wouldn't be surprised if the small number of EQ chinese farmers have their own fork of MQ2. I definitely think MQ2 is getting more and more prevalent on Agnarr each week, which is unfortunate. Like Secrets said there are some professional anti-cheat tools which would easily detect not only MQ2 but *any* monkeying around with the game client. Daybreak even uses one for one of their other games (I can't remember which.) Like I think it's probably rare these days but there's actually ways you can build your own tools to do simple things like warp hacking. I know they've locked a lot of the real obvious paths for that down over the years but the fact that we have Trucidation on video warping to ground spawns means obviously they haven't blocked them all.

The biggest reason I say MQ2 use is becoming more common is just the number of box crews I see running around who are using it. I've multi-boxed in EQ for years, I did it for a long time using MQ2 myself (on servers where its use was not outright prohibited), and I've also multi-boxed for years using "clean" EQ and just isboxer. When using isboxer I obviously have to use autofollow instead of /stick (which is one of if not the most useful MQ2 feature.) So having moved a lot of box groups around using both native autofollow and stick, I can tell basically at a glance when a crew is using /stick (at least with the default range parameters.) Now, you can monkey around with your stick settings and make it look "more natural", but I've seen a lot of 6 man box crews (and more each week) who are running around using something really obvious like /stick 10 on all their boxes and you can just tell instantly if you're familiar with boxing that they aren't using native autofollow.

Contrast that with early Agnarr when I was occasionally farming Efreeti or FGs, and I saw at least 5-6 of the box crews who did that and all of them were almost definitely just using native autofollow (so they weren't using MQ2 /stick.) Depending on how widespread this gets it could be a problem for Daybreak because I think at least part of why Phinny and Agnarr have so many more players than Ragefire and Lockjaw did is this stuff was vastly less prevalent on the True Box servers.
Yeah, it's been way more noticable the last two weeks. The trucidition video had also made quite a few people assume everyone boxing is cheating again too. A noticable uptick in rage tells at my group as they run through Commons. Really they only care when it gets bad, in pretty sure they still don't do bounds checking for people running under the ground to get to places but I got a stern talking to about my surname Critoris the other day.

Wynn

Yeah, it's been way more noticable the last two weeks. The trucidition video had also made quite a few people assume everyone boxing is cheating again too. A noticable uptick in rage tells at my group as they run through Commons. Really they only care when it gets bad, in pretty sure they still don't do bounds checking for people running under the ground to get to places but I got a stern talking to about my surname Critoris the other day.

How much is MQ2 spreading on Phinny now? Or is Phinny past the point where it matters?

There's always open world stuff/camps in EQ, all the way up to Empires of Kunark. On live servers basically every server has a few locations where there will *always* be fully automated MQ2 crews, usually AFK powerlevling people (often paying customers.) On live they tend to know spots that are "lower visibility", aka won't get them spam /guidehelp and /petition, and there also was (at least as of last year) a few instances in the late game where you could actually get mobs to chain respawn so you could AFK powerlevel in an instance and never be at risk of a wandering player seeing you and making a fuss.

Phinny being I think in early Omens or late Gates, which is an era I'm less familiar with, I'm not sure, but I'd be surprised if there's no incentive for this kind of thing on Phinny. The later expansions and the bigger the world gets, at least from what I've seen, the less likely it is the big MQ2 boxers will directly "hurt" the rest of the playerbase as much as they are on Agnarr, so if it's going on over on Phinny it may be less impactful/visible.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much is MQ2 spreading on Phinny now? Or is Phinny past the point where it matters?

We'll see, OOW is tomorrow which includes leveling and keying.

Too funny about the names, they really do care about that for some odd reason. When we woke the sleeper we renamed my mage so the name on the serverwide would be close to our competitors guild leaders and within 5 minutes that account was suspended.

upload_2017-9-12_11-35-54.png

Fast forward to a week later we were getting trained every single open world raid with every mob in Kael etc and even in front of GMs and they did jack shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Hnelen and Hoole where in my guild back when we mass invited everyone and they would send me the best tells when we started raiding.

"Hello I would like to RAID please invite me to RAID"

Over and over again caps and all.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Hnelen and Hoole where in my guild back when we mass invited everyone and they would send me the best tells when we started raiding.

"Hello I would like to RAID please invite me to RAID"

Over and over again caps and all.

ROFL lol hoole alwasy with hnelen so I figured was same person. I think they leveling an army, they always have afk's at the spore king safe spot that are like level 40 while the 2-3 level 60s sit in the usual spore king spot.

And IDK theres lot of box groups but as we've shown with mommy/daddy/whatthefuckever they can also use multiplicity and VM's.

What stick options would u say make it look less like stick

Wynn

If you use "/stick loose" that attempts to make it look a little more natural additionally by default /stick sets you to follow target at max melee range, but you can do /stick [number] and it sets it to whatever range you put in, so you can set it up so each of your followers has slightly different ranges, that way you don't have the effect of 5 boxes following literally exactly on top of each other (this never happens so smoothly w/normal autofollow because of how shitty it is) and moving in perfect unison.

Even still if you know what to look for you can see where the boxes move in superior ways to default autofollow if you watch them for a bit; but the box crews I'm seeing on Agnarr are literally just doing default /stick for all 5 and it's super obvious if you've ever seen it before.