Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Tarmie

Golden Squire
If you use "/stick loose" that attempts to make it look a little more natural additionally by default /stick sets you to follow target at max melee range, but you can do /stick [number] and it sets it to whatever range you put in, so you can set it up so each of your followers has slightly different ranges, that way you don't have the effect of 5 boxes following literally exactly on top of each other (this never happens so smoothly w/normal autofollow because of how shitty it is) and moving in perfect unison.

Even still if you know what to look for you can see where the boxes move in superior ways to default autofollow if you watch them for a bit; but the box crews I'm seeing on Agnarr are literally just doing default /stick for all 5 and it's super obvious if you've ever seen it before.
The best is when autofollow causes your toon to run off in a random direction and never come back. I've drown and burned alive all of my boxes at one point or another because I forgot to stop moving before hitting their follow hotkey. I absolutely hate the hole for all the torches and shit in the stairs that are pure autofollow kryptonite. Does seem to work ok for fights were I needed them dodging AEs and shit, at least in open areas. Seems like they made the hitboxes so big on some of these dragons as to make the notion of belly casting irrelevant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
There's place on live (especially PoK for some reason) where my guys will start running in circles non-stop when I have them /follow. It's honestly pretty amazing how bad the built-in follow is.

I remember when I was leveling a crew through House of Thule zones and sent an isboxer broadcast to my boxes to start following and one of them started the circle shit and before I could stop it circled through a bunch of mobs and forced me to pop Wizzy instant evac to survive. I really do wish they'd just copy stick and make it part of default game.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know anything about the guild "Annihilated"? Sent a parcel for a SSoY to one of their players named "Paul". Haven't gotten that money back or getting a response. Not a huge deal, but curious.

Scrap this, money found its way home.

Last edited:
A month into Kunark and I still can't get keyed for VP and HS. Having never played on a TLP server before, I was expecting a pleasant stroll down memory lane. I didn't know I'd have to fucking file for unemployment to pick up a simple ground spawn.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shit, I've made almost 15 krono selling that swamp MQ to Faceless players. Dont fuck with my Taco Bell money.

• 1Picard

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah.

When kunark launched I would run over there whenever I was bored with an iksar and 90% of the time it would be there. I never actually expected it to sell like it has. I actually regret not grabbing 20+ of those fucking things, I'd really be minted.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sad to hear some nerds are paying for it. We spawn swamp picks daily and VP loot is trash.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Amazing everytime I auction WTS Box of abu-kar, it lists me as spam. Even if its a single item auction or multiple. Even after I petitioned dunbar and he said my spam status was removed. Fuck these boxes!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Always like to browse newegg for some decent refurbished to add another box.. but wow this thing was $2k?? and refurbished is only $200? lol. Might pick one up for extra box/easy travel laptop, has no HDMI looks like tho.

Refurbished: HP Laptop EliteBook Folio 9470M Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3427U (1.80 GHz) 4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD 14.0" Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - Newegg.com

this one is even cheaper and 2.6ghz instead of 1.8, same ram and hdd. didnt say it was originally $2k tho..says $189 but $174.99 after $15.00 rebate card. Annoying thing is this one looks like the last refurbished I got which has no HDMI output so sucks when I bring it over for some on-the-go netflix and chill but no hdmi /cry

Refurbished: HP Laptop EliteBook 8470p Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M (2.60 GHz) 4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD 14.0" Windows 10 Pro MAR - Newegg.com

Although I googled those models and are some cheaper ones on ebay ($100ish) but are used not refurbished and usually have no HDD (wtf)

But yeah I got one of the refurbished from newegg and only issue was I had to crack my operating system (they told me i had to contact the vendor blah blah too much work), otherwise runs EQ flawlessly no lag at all and was a good deal for $130 last year

Last edited:

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Always like to browse newegg for some decent refurbished to add another box.. but wow this thing was $2k?? and refurbished is only $200? lol. Might pick one up for extra box/easy travel laptop, has no HDMI looks like tho.

Refurbished: HP Laptop EliteBook Folio 9470M Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3427U (1.80 GHz) 4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD 14.0" Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - Newegg.com

this one is even cheaper and 2.6ghz instead of 1.8, same ram and hdd. didnt say it was originally $2k tho..says $189 but $174.99 after $15.00 rebate card. Annoying thing is this one looks like the last refurbished I got which has no HDMI output so sucks when I bring it over for some on-the-go netflix and chill but no hdmi /cry

Refurbished: HP Laptop EliteBook 8470p Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M (2.60 GHz) 4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD 14.0" Windows 10 Pro MAR - Newegg.com

Although I googled those models and are some cheaper ones on ebay ($100ish) but are used not refurbished and usually have no HDD (wtf)
Funny I was just looking at grabbing a new to me laptop for an extra box. Bestbuy and amazon have new lenovo laptops with like 500gb HD and 4gb ram right around $200

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
If you are enjoying Agnarr but can't get into VP, just hang on until Velious. Everyone can do ToV, and ST is easy to get yourselves into, so it will be a lot better for everyone.

If you aren't enjoying Agnarr, come over to Phinny. Omens is coming today, will be fun!!

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

But yeah I got one of the refurbished from newegg and only issue was I had to crack my operating system (they told me i had to contact the vendor blah blah too much work), otherwise runs EQ flawlessly no lag at all and was a good deal for $130 last year

Those EliteBook's are pretty fucking nice. Worked on quite a few in the past, and I really enjoyed the build quality. The $2,000 price tag is a little bloated, but they were definitely nicer laptops.

And damnit man, now I may have to buy one because of how cheap they are...

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Those EliteBook's are pretty fucking nice. Worked on quite a few in the past, and I really enjoyed the build quality. The $2,000 price tag is a little bloated, but they were definitely nicer laptops.

And damnit man, now I may have to buy one because of how cheap they are...

Same here. I've been laptop shopping for the past hour because of this post.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I actually have an elitebook for work. It's super locked out so can't run things on it but it is nice

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Glad I could help, like I said I have an elite book, cant remember the model but I use it a lot since its cheap and I dont have to worry about it when I travel.. vs my MSI laptop which was expensive but overheats and is big/heavy to travel with.

It runs a lot better than the kangaroo PC's I bought that were about ~130, which are now overheating causing their rechargeable battery to EXPAND and pop the sides of the cover/case off rofl.

I saw some ones for 120-130 on ebay that DID have hardrives and stuff as well, just have to look around.

As for putting a VM on these, I havent tried, could maybe get one on there.

Last edited: