Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ok it has been awhile since someone has had a fun patch-made-my-jboots-slower theory: My Agnarr enchanter is cursed.

I read about one of the asian grinder games where each character is given a hidden luck stat that can't be seen or changed. I've seen enough crazy bad luck to make me think I was given a -10.

In all the thousands of things I've charmed in the few months Agnarr has been up, I can count my full duration charms on one hand. For my enchanter from Lockjaw, charm breaks were the exception with full duration being the norm. And it isn't cha, the Agnarr chanter has far more.

The only difference between the two characters is the easy enchanter is a dark elf and the cursed enchanter is high elf.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How reliable is this "EQ TLP BIS" website?

Using myself as a comparison it looks to be alright. Not all of the items it lists are actually available and it looks to be missing the Kunark Archaeologist items but if you are looking for a list of items for each slot it looks to be better than the p1999 equipment wiki.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarmie

Golden Squire
How reliable is this "EQ TLP BIS" website?
It is pretty good for mid to upper mid but starts to break down when certain combinations of items are better then just "the best in each slot." Also, most people I know using it don't seem to understand that they are not actually in the "high end" category where it starts assuming you are at caps. Since so many people take it as gospel it's a great list of items to sell as well.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
While hp is a huge stat, that website weights it too high I believe. A skull shaped barbute is listed as one of the best helms as a result for example.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
man, someone was selling LR for the Hate helmet for cleric for 800pp, and I passed on it because I thought it was too expensive.

I'm an idiot.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
No MQ has made it onto Phinny yet at least for now. OOW released and my group primarily did open world signet contesting all night and was hyper aggressive against the 4 guilds racing and didnt see any trace of it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No MQ has made it onto Phinny yet at least for now.
Yeah don't think that is true.

The MQ check is for any TLP server at all so if they break it to work for Agnarr then it works for Phinny. We all know that it works on Agnarr.

Someone correct that if I am wrong.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

The MQ check is for any TLP server at all so if they break it to work for Agnarr then it works for Phinny. We all know that it works on Agnarr.

I can rephrase it -

For the Phinigel OOW race no one warped to any contested signet mob or did anything remotely closely to it. We very aggressively took and are taking any signet mob with our trio and no signs yet 21 hours straight into it. No signs of MQ warping or any sort of nonsense that goes along with MQ usage.

Could have been because developers were online most of the night watching the guilds who were racing.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Wow went to chancellor camp to check it out. This helium/isotope/radon guy warps! Watched Shixa enchanter manage to get off a gate charm, and next thing you know Helium warps from chancellor to Shixa (helium is ench). I'm not sure if helium managed to charm and warp it away but everyone crying about these fire mage pets has no idea about these enchanters lol.

I know this cause I watched on MYseq (ya ya ya) but holy shit. lol

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I heard he got suspended once but I guess ur making 3kr a pop u can afford to lose a character. He's got his bard and mage but they werent anywhere near Shixa. I even started dispelling shit and the 6box fire pet guy here couldnt beat these enchanters lol.

so in velious will faceless be able to kill trak in the lair with A FULL RAID instead of using a full raid in the cubby?!

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I heard he got suspended once but I guess ur making 3kr a pop u can afford to lose a character. He's got his bard and mage but they werent anywhere near Shixa. I even started dispelling shit and the 6box fire pet guy here couldnt beat these enchanters lol.

so in velious will faceless be able to kill trak in the lair with A FULL RAID instead of using a full raid in the cubby?!

We've killed him in the lair before. Personally wish we'd just move the kills there permanently now.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

Hmmm so I'll preface this with a disclaimer that I will not be helping anyone with MQ2. However, I had it working day 1 of Agnarr. I'm pretty certain that people using it now used the same method I did and that means that it will not work on Phinny - and judging my what Korrupt is saying this is likely the case.

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I dont want to say too much since lot of lurkers really, but IF it worked on agnarr it would on phinigel the person would know how to do either. Same with that quarm server which i think was truebox

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hmmm so I'll preface this with a disclaimer that I will not be helping anyone with MQ2. However, I had it working day 1 of Agnarr. I'm pretty certain that people using it now used the same method I did and that means that it will not work on Phinny - and judging my what Korrupt is saying this is likely the case.
So the MQ2 that I have seen the only thing it does is disable the code put in for TLP, blanket disable of that.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya theres the MQ2 coders that just remove MQ2IC all together which makes them vulnerable to scans or the ones that actually are able to go through mq2ic and fix it.

At least thats what I was told by a coder.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Well my method requires zero code rewrites and does not disable mq2ic. Let's just say mq2ic was created for phinny, hence why my method will not work on phinny.

Last edited: