Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

lost

<Bronze Donator>
What did you pay for @Setsa ? Did he also RMT an SoD? I didn't even realize he had sold for some reason I thought it was our other beta monk Drachen. I get the silly ones who we have to teach how to play and then quit so confused.

I paid $1200 or $1300 i forget for setsa, but he kept the SOD, and the middle man sold some tear MQs off of him prior as well, setsa's char had higher offers which i wont say cause not sure of the deal between my pal and him but i knew the guy selling it for setsa and he knew i'd keep it in AOS. my pal also sold that other monk who trained everyone, his name eludes me but he spent more dkp than he had for the sod, for $2200 with sod.

pretty sure drachen sold through my pal as well. he constantly had pm's from people saying they were looking for a shroud of longevity monk and offered big bucks.

I ended up reselling him for $900, it was a loss even though he went from half bis to like 1-2 pieces from bis but thats the market at the end of velious i suppose and a lot of fun, i was just so burned out from getting an epic bard w/ primals (prior to trak having guts), getting primals and fist of natures for my two other box monks, getting my warrior geared out and with primals. and chasing the abashi dream. I think I got 600 for my warrior, 600 for my 2nd best monk, 500 for my 3rd best monk, 500 for the bard, got 700 for my epic enchanter and cleric I think was like 400.

it was fun i always wanted a shrouded monk on classic when i was a little kid i was like man jibekn, shoryuken and fawy are badasses. the money came from kronos so I didnt feel like it was "my" money but me trading my invested game time for a character.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
In other news.... we have a guild with the name "Headless Umpire" in CL tunnels now. Not sure if that's one of our guys joking around or a jab at us from one of the clever posters on Reddit or EQ boards. :) You just don't get this kind of stuff in other MMO's. It's a whole other level of entertainment.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I paid $1200 or $1300 i forget for setsa, but he kept the SOD, and the middle man sold some tear MQs off of him prior as well, setsa's char had higher offers which i wont say cause not sure of the deal between my pal and him but i knew the guy selling it for setsa and he knew i'd keep it in AOS. my pal also sold that other monk who trained everyone, his name eludes me but he spent more dkp than he had for the sod, for $2200 with sod.

pretty sure drachen sold through my pal as well. he constantly had pm's from people saying they were looking for a shroud of longevity monk and offered big bucks.

I ended up reselling him for $900, it was a loss even though he went from half bis to like 1-2 pieces from bis but thats the market at the end of velious i suppose and a lot of fun, i was just so burned out from getting an epic bard w/ primals (prior to trak having guts), getting primals and fist of natures for my two other box monks, getting my warrior geared out and with primals. and chasing the abashi dream. I think I got 600 for my warrior, 600 for my 2nd best monk, 500 for my 3rd best monk, 500 for the bard, got 700 for my epic enchanter and cleric I think was like 400.

it was fun i always wanted a shrouded monk on classic when i was a little kid i was like man jibekn, shoryuken and fawy are badasses. the money came from kronos so I didnt feel like it was "my" money but me trading my invested game time for a character.

Ahh, that's still a chunk of change for an account. We (Dannin and I) tried to buy back most SoDs and Tink masks for Krono but there was one SoD we couldn't track down back then. Its hard to remember when so many if not every single monk but Qelyn and Hoodrich sold their accounts the minute they got their Velious shit from Sleepers. You weren't the only one bored of Velious, it's not like on live where you cleared ToV and the big boys once a week, doing that shit every single day for hours wears thin on officers just as much as it does the guild.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ah I thought Qelyn still played on phinigel, Elaida was tryin to get me to come back, but would be lot of time to get caught up. Yeah it burnt me out hard everytime I said just once more it could be the abashi or gharns! and then the middle of the day rosengard races on top of that, the dkp was good but messed up my gym and study time. I mean you also had to have top dkp to get the gharns or abashi or hope another monk wasnt there which a few times I was in line for it due to qelyn not being on but never happened. But that meant I had to go to every pog and tov run to stay on top. I hated pog so bad lol, I mean I ran my alts in there now and then to get rots but after that ran out it was terrible and we did it so fast, these other guilds have no idea.

And who cares, now agnarr is here so it's like fuck slaving over that shit again its meaningless, the next server will be out soon enough. That's really what ruined TLP's for me.

I dont know where his SoD went, he told my buddy he was holding onto it to give back later, but I'm sure he sold it. One of my pals buys up most of the sod's on phinigel bazaar and still turns a profit reselling them, the nostalgia is nuts.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah I thought Qelyn still played on phinigel, Elaida was tryin to get me to come back, but would be lot of time to get caught up. Yeah it burnt me out hard everytime I said just once more it could be the abashi or gharns! and then the middle of the day rosengard races on top of that, the dkp was good but messed up my gym and study time. I mean you also had to have top dkp to get the gharns or abashi or hope another monk wasnt there which a few times I was in line for it due to qelyn not being on but never happened. But that meant I had to go to every pog and tov run to stay on top. I hated pog so bad lol, I mean I ran my alts in there now and then to get rots but after that ran out it was terrible and we did it so fast, these other guilds have no idea.

And who cares, now agnarr is here so it's like fuck slaving over that shit again its meaningless, the next server will be out soon enough. That's really what ruined TLP's for me.

I dont know where his SoD went, he told my buddy he was holding onto it to give back later, but I'm sure he sold it. One of my pals buys up most of the sod's on phinigel bazaar and still turns a profit reselling them, the nostalgia is nuts.

Ive got 2 SoDs for sale if your boy is interested, Id prefer raw pp if he has it over krono. Elayda has been back and raiding for some weeks now, hes 70 and got a couple hundred of AA this weekend. He's been doing a lot of work, OOW makes it so you have actual content to do and aren't done within days of an expansion which makes grouping and doing non raid content as a guild constantly. Qelyn, Brady, and Hoodrich are all around still as main monks plus we've picked up another 5-6 beastmode ones since Velious.

@PoGrowth lol, I forgot that was part of the velious rotation we did even doing 1 hourish clears. Nothing was worse than being on Ragefire in TL and getting midnight or 9am EST batphones for mobs no one was even contesting or making a move for. I think we did a much better job on Phingel trying to schedule our batphones for 12pm EST for the quick hits and 5pm EST for the longer shit to give you dudes some sort of semblance of a raid schedule.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vulak loot is such a pain in the dick. It's such a deep loot pool (25 unique items?) that your chance of getting a specific drop is pretty slim. That said, I retired my main (monk) on Ragefire as soon as I got my Abashi. I was still pissed we woke sleeper WAY too early when no one else was even close to fielding ST raids. I was robbed of my Shroud opportunity.

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
@PoGrowth lol, I forgot that was part of the velious rotation we did even doing 1 hourish clears. Nothing was worse than being on Ragefire in TL and getting midnight or 9am EST batphones for mobs no one was even contesting or making a move for. I think we did a much better job on Phingel trying to schedule our batphones for 12pm EST for the quick hits and 5pm EST for the longer shit to give you dudes some sort of semblance of a raid schedule.

I forgot what we accidentally did on Ragefire, but we <Darkwind> broke Tunare trigger where we were chain spawning her for hours on end until someone ratted us out to a GM. We had dozens of kills before they just nuked the whole zone of mobs. Didn't punish anyone or take any loot, which was surprising. Every swinging dick with a monk alt had a Fist of Nature that day.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I forgot what we accidentally did on Ragefire, but we <Darkwind> broke Tunare trigger where we were chain spawning her for hours on end until someone ratted us out to a GM. We had dozens of kills before they just nuked the whole zone of mobs. Didn't punish anyone or take any loot, which was surprising. Every swinging dick with a monk alt had a Fist of Nature that day.

Wildness, did it repop the entire zone or just her? Because on Phinny monk weapons were going to 3rd and 5th alts, everything really was dirt cheap or rotting with the amount of times you kill her normally. We didn't do anything dirty, we just DA'd either myself or a bard to agro Tunare asap and then AE'd the living shit out of the zone. It still sucked doing it multiple times a week even AEing though.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wildness, did it repop the entire zone or just her? Because on Phinny monk weapons were going to 3rd and 5th alts, everything really was dirt cheap or rotting with the amount of times you kill her normally. We didn't do anything dirty, we just DA'd either myself or a bard to agro Tunare asap and then AE'd the living shit out of the zone. It still sucked doing it multiple times a week even AEing though.

I've no clue wtf happened. We would kill fake Tunare in the tree and real one would pop and moments later another fake would spawn. Never happened before or since. Just a weird bug. GM nuked the entire zone of mobs once they got word what was happening. We were surprised it went on for so long, as the serverwide message was broadcasting every kill we made.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's amazing how fast they can respond when they want to but most of the time takes forever. When I did that asshole serverwide on ragefire it took them a whole minute to ban me rofl. Honestly for me ragefire was the most fun I've had on any of these TLPs. It's sad.
zPwSDhI.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, ^^ THAT ^^ is funny!

...Honestly for me ragefire was the most fun I've had on any of these TLPs. It's sad...

I went hard on my MQ2 6 box team. I managed to get Monk, Shm, Wiz, Enchanter, Mage, and Clr epics done before quitting in Velious. Shackle on Monk as well as the Shm Cudgel.

Thinking back, I should have cashed out the monk. He had PoSky quest belt, Vulak headband and Abashi Rod, Epic, Shackle, Spirit Wracked Cord, Primal fists, and other goodies.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good pulls, bringing them in right as other things die, nice steady stream :p That one pull he even brought them close(out of aggro range), FDd and your guys tagged it. Nice solid communication and pulling.

Kind of shitty training, but hard to train in VP unless you pull a dragon or multiple things mid dragon. Even worse if drakes are up, they just own you and spam spells all day. Though maybe if you are fast, could grab everything from past silverwing room up to the 3 locked doors and bring down. Though wurms might leash since the racnar are much faster. Even then though, if everything gets slowed its a joke. Really need dragons to properly train in VP. Could get lucky get one of the vox/naggy wurms , fear people into lava and they end up in the cat room.

WTB the rest of the video though, the dps racing on the 2 dragons was fun, and I give props for having the balls to try and stay in on nexona AE to DPS more, instead of dodging. But that AE is wicked, with 500pt hits and 500 a tick, and will drain your healers fast. And you need a good 400+ FR to really resist it consistently, but just one hit just fubars is. Could try to top slot dispel, but the joys of RNG, sometimes works ,other times takes like 5+ dispels before you get it, then you wasted forever trying to dispel a dot ;P

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
/Who is kind of strange here but you used to be able to mask how many guildies you had online with /anon

If you see a sudden spike of people roleplay you can check the usual suspects.
We run /role 24/7 so every time you walk by you can see who we are instead of hiding behind needing to target and do a /guildstat

You take it off if you are LFG and then put it back on once in a group.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

You were on Xev? lol... I check into this thread although I haven't played Agnarr at all. Random-as-fuck to see my old char name. Jib/Shory were good bros, our monk squad was always top notch.

Do shrouded monks still sell for anything? :D