Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sonewhat. I'm a poker pro and am friends with a few. Some are gamblers and do a lot of sports betting and playing table games but myself and a couple others I know don't do that at all. I'd say the majority of poker pros are degens but definitely not all.

I lived with a friend of mine after college because both of us had relocated to the NoVa area after school (where rent is fucking crazy for someone just entering the work force), he was a tax accountant with Hilton Worldwide and after a year or so had his CPA and was making pretty good money there ($150k/yr.) But he would also go to Vegas like 2x a year for 3 week trips because he was a crazy poker addict, I think one of his trips he did come back with like $30k in winnings but he had some bad trips too. He also would play online poker constantly--this was back before they I guess regulated that shit b/c you could just play for real money unrestricted anywhere in the U.S. on Poker Stars and shit like that. All told he claimed he was making decent money every year off of his poker habit, but not enough to like fully replace his day job. But he also was constantly on drugs, constantly drunk etc etc, he eventually quit his good paying Hilton job and moved to Vegas to try and do the poker thing full time and I haven't really heard from him since. I think he's still living that life but has never made it big or anything, I always thought for him it wasn't really the money but just the fact if he switched to that full time he could go from being drunk/high every hour other than 9am-5pm to being drunk/high 24/7 and I don't think the typical poker pro is too different from that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It was that much pre Kunark.

Um no. At the time of my post it was virtually exactly 35kr on the dot. It might have gone down a few krono now but things like CoF, RBG, NoS, Pearly Sarnak Bauble, Wurm Scale Coat + quite a bit more are still worth a good amount.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
honestly I think a naked epic 60 monk is probably worth 400 tops on its own, and if your items are still worth 35kr thats more than your asking now if you can sell the droppables separately. thats what i would do.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
So I'm thinking of getting into this and just leveling a char while waiting for Velious/PoP. I've always wanted to play a wizard but my experience is mostly with P99 where they are awful group DPS (like worse than your tank) and only worth bringing to smash some raid mobs.

Hoping some insight can be given as to how wizards fare on this server with the different mechanics compared to p99? Are they wanted in groups at all? And how will their DPS stack end game in PoP once people have raid gear? Thanks.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ain't nobody spending 700 on that shit. If anything you'll take it down and pretend it sold at some point. There's nothing in the game that warrants over $500 for an account. Maybe an epic ench or sk or wiz, and that's only because of the fuckery of their epics.

Account just sold for the full 700$, sit the fuck down idiot.

• 2Salty

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Agnarr accounts have been really cheap. No where near the Phinny premiums or even early RF/LJ.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I'm thinking of getting into this and just leveling a char while waiting for Velious/PoP. I've always wanted to play a wizard but my experience is mostly with P99 where they are awful group DPS (like worse than your tank) and only worth bringing to smash some raid mobs.

Hoping some insight can be given as to how wizards fare on this server with the different mechanics compared to p99? Are they wanted in groups at all? And how will their DPS stack end game in PoP once people have raid gear? Thanks.

Wizards are good, the issue is they have sustainability problems. A good exp group at a good camp is going to pull basically continuously. A Magician is going to be able to do DPS almost 100% of the time, same for a Necro, Enchanter w/charm pet, Monk. Ranger and Rogue will be able to do continuous damage as well, but they are pretty awful DPS leveling up until/unless they have significant gear (and then they're better than most on the server realize.) A Wizard meanwhile has no passive DPS, every point of damage they do requires mana, and in a continuously pulling group you will eventually run OOM. A lot of Wizards just try to have their mana sit at 30% (keeping a reserve for situations where you need to just delete a couple mobs) and go from there. I did a long xp session in Kunark at Juggs with a Necro, Enchanter (charm pet), Wizard as DPS and the Wizard was the lowest by far, he wasn't lower than the tank though. If you have any interest in raiding I think you'll really enjoy the Wizard, if you plan to be a group/solo player exclusively I'd personally consider a different class.

Magicians are generally just much stronger in group content and they have a little bit of the Wizard "feel" since you get to nuke shit. They don't have problems landing their spells against group content mobs (this issue gimps them against many raid mobs), and their pets are very powerful relative to a typical 6 man xp group.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Called it lol. Couldn't even make it through the night before it magically sold after sitting there for weeks.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Called it lol. Couldn't even make it through the night before it magically sold after sitting there for weeks.

Lol it was posted on the 19th you fucking idiot so you literally can't even use the s at the end of weeks because it wasn't even 2 weeks. Also, I've had interested buyers but I was away in Atlantic City since Thursday and people were waiting to get paid.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea dude. Everyone totally believes you. Could you at least make some fake PMs and paypal transfers to post too? Take it all the way.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Lol it was posted on the 19th you fucking idiot so you literally can't even use the s at the end of weeks because it wasn't even 2 weeks. Also, I've had interested buyers but I was away in Atlantic City since Thursday and people were waiting to get paid.
Maybe it was an international buyer on the other side of the globe?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya that monk is way too high, I wanted to say something but didnt want to hurt your sale. Needs more vp gear for that kind of price even then considering damn near bis ntov shrouded primal monks went for 1k in velious it seems silly to pay that now (700-800), with a month left in kunark, instead of in velious.

What did you pay for @Setsa ? Did he also RMT an SoD? I didn't even realize he had sold for some reason I thought it was our other beta monk Drachen. I get the silly ones who we have to teach how to play and then quit so confused.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh my god who the hell cares. Flat earther sells overpriced everquest accounts to round bellyers. News at 11.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Wizards are good, the issue is they have sustainability problems. A good exp group at a good camp is going to pull basically continuously. A Magician is going to be able to do DPS almost 100% of the time, same for a Necro, Enchanter w/charm pet, Monk. Ranger and Rogue will be able to do continuous damage as well, but they are pretty awful DPS leveling up until/unless they have significant gear (and then they're better than most on the server realize.) A Wizard meanwhile has no passive DPS, every point of damage they do requires mana, and in a continuously pulling group you will eventually run OOM. A lot of Wizards just try to have their mana sit at 30% (keeping a reserve for situations where you need to just delete a couple mobs) and go from there. I did a long xp session in Kunark at Juggs with a Necro, Enchanter (charm pet), Wizard as DPS and the Wizard was the lowest by far, he wasn't lower than the tank though. If you have any interest in raiding I think you'll really enjoy the Wizard, if you plan to be a group/solo player exclusively I'd personally consider a different class.

Magicians are generally just much stronger in group content and they have a little bit of the Wizard "feel" since you get to nuke shit. They don't have problems landing their spells against group content mobs (this issue gimps them against many raid mobs), and their pets are very powerful relative to a typical 6 man xp group.

But was he higher than your bard?!