Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's also funny the weird perception Faceless has a ton of neckbeards and raids a lot. I mean we do have neckbeards, but nothing out of the ordinary for an MMO, which is a neckbeard-heavy genre. Before I got bored with Legion I was raiding with a semi-casual mythic raiding guild in WoW (wasn't ranked even in like the top 500 of guilds) and while there's obviously no batphones I was putting probably 2-3x more weekly into WoW than I do Everquest. I think a lot of people don't realize if you structure it right you can dominate open world and not need to sink a ton of time into the game. Since EQ at least until probably Gates is a very "low skill" game that makes it relatively easy if you have your logistics right.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Wynn

Oh phinigel I sold them for 8-10 first week so 12 isnt outrageous, guy should have known better but meh

Yeah people are weirdly irrational on these TLPs. Like I made 20kr off of selling like 8kr fungi staff and 5kr tunic in the first ~day of Agnarr from stuff we just got leveling in my group. If those buyers had waited literally 30-40 hours they could've gotten them for like 1/3rd of the price. I also remember like the first 40-50 hours of Classic you could literally get 15kr for an SMR, which is mind boggling for an item that drops off a mob pretty much anyone can camp in a zone that has tons of picks open for all of Classic.

Opimo

1 PD that we didn't contest because we didn't know it was up, as Zaide said there was a mistake made in tracking his window which was 100% on us. There's been zero contested mobs in VP you've actually taken from us, we generally don't care if people kill Druushk/Nexona/Xygoz/Silverwing. We will sometimes batphone specifically to take away a raid target from you simply because we enjoy doing so. It is a little funny because we just delete all the gear, none of our people need loot from the trash dragons.

Was fun when you wiped us on Silverwing last week, but the other night we mostly just felt bad for you guys. You pulled Xygoz + 2 Guardian Wurms and wiped without us having anything on you at all, we were puzzled why a 22 man raid would pull Xyg w/2 wurms because that's a recipe for disaster. We did watch Cwalk (who I guess isn't very good at this) try to train a huge train from entrance up to the ramp that splits into the triplets but he died in Silverwing's room long before reaching us. Guess he didn't know trying to train that many drakes isn't going to be a viable strategy.

Nah, one of your Necros pulled a bunch of shit on us (including Xygoz). We just said fuckit and went for it. We would have been alright, but one of the Wurms split, which is what fucked us.

Last edited:

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
We've gotten a couple of PD's and other mobs from them. They started poopsocking PD pretty hard, so now we just go in and trigger a batphone and leave just to get them to login and wait there for a few hours.

We only raid 3 times a week, and not enough of us care enough to raid on off days, so our raid force is small for non-instanced stuff (there's about ~25 of us that like to raid on off days). We won't bother trying to DPS race them if they're going to login twice our numbers. Had some fun training each other the other day though.

Kunark sucks. A lot of guilds are falling apart (we're being approached by a couple of other guilds to absorb them, but who knows).

We don't bother crying about the O/W shit. It's part of the game, and none of us take it personally. Faceless outnumbers us pretty bad, and Zaide runs a tight ship. They have the lion's share of the neckbeards on the server, so it's difficult to compete.

That is one thing we respect about you guys we have seen. Train each other for hours and after no crying in chat or anything.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
@Xevy pretty sure that's one of Randybobandys characters.

I sold that guy a Jeldoran for 12 Krono when Kunark came out and he never forgave me.

That's not one of randys characters. Every single char randy has, has the name randy in its name. Also, he's a multi millionaire irl so he doesn't give two fucks.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
That's not one of randys characters. Every single char randy has, has the name randy in its name. Also, he's a multi millionaire irl so he doesn't give two fucks.

Last time I heard he lost most of his money in bad investments.

Still might be a multi millionaire though.

• 1Worf

Wynn

That's interesting if one of our necs was able to train that, if so he did it on the down low (even from us). We had a problem where our monks got killed in that crossroads between Xygoz/Druushk trying to grab some other things to train, so we were pretty sure you were going to be able to pull Xygoz unmolested and were surprised when we saw you fighting him w/the wurms.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Last time I heard he lost most of his money in bad investments.

Still might be a multi millionaire though.

I'm sure he's lost some but who knows. He's a bud of mine that won 3.2 mill 1st prize in a poker tourney. He's a pretty damn good poker player with 3.6 mill in documented cashes.

• 1Picard

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Professional gamblers are degenerates in my experience.

Sonewhat. I'm a poker pro and am friends with a few. Some are gamblers and do a lot of sports betting and playing table games but myself and a couple others I know don't do that at all. I'd say the majority of poker pros are degens but definitely not all.

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sonewhat. I'm a poker pro and am friends with a few. Some are gamblers and do a lot of sports betting and playing table games but myself and a couple others I know don't do that at all. I'd say the majority of poker pros are degens but definitely not all.
Why is your monk priced so high on redguides? Not a chance you are going to get $700 for him.

• 1Solidarity

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya that monk is way too high, I wanted to say something but didnt want to hurt your sale. Needs more vp gear for that kind of price even then considering damn near bis ntov shrouded primal monks went for 1k in velious it seems silly to pay that now (700-800), with a month left in kunark, instead of in velious.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Why is your monk priced so high on redguides? Not a chance you are going to get $700 for him.

And yet I have multiple people interested in buying and will most likely be sold within the next 24 hours. The way I broke it down was 150 for a level 60 char, 350 for the 35ish kr in droppables, then 200 for epic + shackle + de mask/peg cloak/jboots/40 slot bag etc etc. not to mention my flawless rep as a seller which has added value as well. It's honestly very reasonably priced imo. I hit max stats across the board except stam at 251 and has nearly 5k hp's fully buffed. There's only 2 items from VP that are upgrades and even then not that massive of ones.

• 2Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ain't nobody spending 700 on that shit. If anything you'll take it down and pretend it sold at some point. There's nothing in the game that warrants over $500 for an account. Maybe an epic ench or sk or wiz, and that's only because of the fuckery of their epics.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ain't nobody spending 700 on that shit. If anything you'll take it down and pretend it sold at some point. There's nothing in the game that warrants over $500 for an account. Maybe an epic ench or sk or wiz, and that's only because of the fuckery of their epics.

Yep that's why I've got multiple interested buyers. The way I broke down the pricing is impossible to refute that it's reasonably priced. I'm sorry you're a broke ass douche that can't afford it but that's not the case for everyone. It's the highest end account that's ever been sold on this server so far and it's an elite tier char and no other monk can do anything that mine can't.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup. Now go pretend it just sold for $800 because the buyer was some billionaire poker player who was so impressed he tipped you an extra hundred. We're all waiting and ready to believe you.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yup. Now go pretend it just sold for $800 because the buyer was some billionaire poker player who was so impressed he tipped you an extra hundred. We're all waiting and ready to believe you.

Lol, for what fucking reason would I lie exactly? Would you like to see my paypal history? How the fuck do you think I managed to get 94 positive feedback since Agnarr opened you fucking moron lol.

• 1Salty

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sure you did mate, I believe you. I'm sure that oil baron from Texas is all lined up for the sale.

• 2Worf

Wynn

Eh, to play devil's advocate that price doesn't seem that crazy. Like people are trying to sell naked level 60s w/a 40 slot bag for $200, so $150 for a naked level 60 is a reasonable starting point. If it really has 35 krono of tradeable gear, then valuing that at $10/kr is also pretty much a fair price by redguides standards. So that's $500 right there. I don't know how much the other stuff he listed is worth, but like take the epic for example, there's a guy who has claimed he has sold like 5 Cleric epic MQs for 27kr a pop, so even if Monk epic is like 15k value that still gets the account up to $650 in value before you factor in 40 slot bag (basically a $25 value) and the other stuff.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
giphy.gif