Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys I would really appreciate a little help here:

I'm totally new to PoP, first time.

I currently 4 box a shaman, enchanter, ranger, and mage.
My dedicated friend I group with plays a cleric and a mage.

We group together when we play 100% of the time.

Currently we are farming OC/IC and it's wide open, no drama, no one around, easy, and I can dire charm a pet for ease of grinding.

Are there better , faster places in PoP to level to 65 assuming I have no flags or progression? Places where we could setup shop with our boxes and just log out safely and log back in same spot to resume grinding each night? Possibly even get a dire charm pet, or humanoids to headshot?

Might there be a spot that requires an easy flag we could get with our group alone?

If you're worried about giving up a sweet secret spot, don't worry, we play a few hours at night at the most, and not every night. We will be no threat to your secret spot.

Anyways sorry for the sort of rambling, but I'd love to find a new grind spot. We've done 250+ AAs at OC/IC already....

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Bastion of thunder?

Shit I would love to. Saw a video of a naked 65 ranger with only a bow in BoT entrance area headshotting like 5 AA every 15 minutes.....

But it appears we need some flags to get in there. Is flagging for BoT doable with one group? Can log in 61 war or 61 pal to tank if needed

Mwapo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Shit I would love to. Saw a video of a naked 65 ranger with only a bow in BoT entrance area headshotting like 5 AA every 15 minutes.....

But it appears we need some flags to get in there. Is flagging for BoT doable with one group? Can log in 61 war or 61 pal to tank if needed

If you can charm at all, your enchanter can charm a frog or something and tank the BoT key, no problem. I saw at least one druid solo those bosses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I get it now Mealin is in Faceless and is saying we suck because we don’t race for speed runs lol. I’ve never heard a single guild in EQ aim for that target how would anyone even guess that’s a thing. That’s almost like the split metric with Dima he wanted to track out of the blue.

Take a gold star and a pat on the back @mealin

Mwapo

I get it now Mealin is in Faceless and is saying we suck because we don’t race for speed runs lol. I’ve never heard a single guild in EQ aim for that target how would anyone even guess that’s a thing. That’s almost like the split metric with Dima he wanted to track out of the blue.

I mean look at the PoE community. When the racers get bored and don't have a race they start racing for speed records to Malachai and shit like that.

When there is no one to race but yourself, you have to find some way to keep the plebs interested.

If that's by timing your unhindered race against the clock and comparing it to guilds of yesteryear, that's what it's gotta be.

I imagine race against the clock is all that will remain on phinny once the races stop and someone casuals out. Otherwise they end up like Fippy and the server putters out.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean look at the PoE community. When the racers get bored and don't have a race they start racing for speed records to Malachai and shit like that.

When there is no one to race but yourself, you have to find some way to keep the plebs interested.

If that's by timing your unhindered race against the clock and comparing it to guilds of yesteryear, that's what it's gotta be.

I imagine race against the clock is all that will remain on phinny once the races stop and someone casuals out. Otherwise they end up like Fippy and the server putters out.

Trust me I get it, I’ve just never seen these metrics and Mealin and random posts about times make sense now. I remember MiM and OGC on Phinny both doing their own metric and wanting it tracked. I understand it makes them feel good and helps retention by saying they are good at something. I guess we know who our watcher is now too, we were wondering who was timing our leveling on Coirnav like if we were racing. Very odd stalker shit, none of us care about times but enjoy yourself bro.

Once you posted I remembered he was the dude kicked that wigged out and harassed Bobbybick Bobbybick with game of thrones spoilers.

Mwapo

Trust me I get it, I’ve just never seen these metrics and Mealin and random posts about times make sense now. I remember MiM and OGC on Phinny both doing their own metric and wanting it tracked. I understand it makes them feel good and helps retention by saying they are good at something. I guess we know who our watcher is now too, we were wondering who was timing our leveling on Coirnav like if we were racing. Very odd stalker shit, none of us care about times but enjoy yourself bro.

Once you posted I remembered he was the dude kicked that wigged out and harassed Bobbybick Bobbybick with game of thrones spoilers.

I could go for some GoT spoilers right now. Anything to get through the next year with no new episodes.

I never really got the full story on why he got kicked. Probably just couldn't deal with his drama anymore, I would imagine.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Faceless Empire may or may not have struck the first hit on the stake in the heart of this server. I'm sure a couple of other guilds will eventually follow. However, I hope the server survives for a long time. EQ Mac was great to relieve that itch time to time. Hope the population stays relatively strong as I plan on being around, even ultra casually, for a very long time.

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
So if Agnarr is locking at PoP + LoY/LDoN...bets on how many weeks before the server is ded?

In bewteen the al'kabor ppl, and the p99 crowd. This server might just keep a semi-healthy permanent population at the raiding level.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think if they get a wind of it dying, they'll just allow xfers to Coirnav when it's about to hit GoD. That'd be the most beneficial for everyone, probably. With all the Luclin gear people got this expac was like 1/5th the difficulty, or less, than it was during live. I mean we killed some of the shit so fast they didn't even cycle through their mechanics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Faceless Empire may or may not have struck the first hit on the stake in the heart of this server. I'm sure a couple of other guilds will eventually follow. However, I hope the server survives for a long time. EQ Mac was great to relieve that itch time to time. Hope the population stays relatively strong as I plan on being around, even ultra casually, for a very long time.

Go on...

Wynn

Someone sent me a tell from Coirnav about Mealin during a raid or something, guess because of this thread. No one w/that name is in guild and have no idea who he is. No one in the Agnarr Faceless cares about Coirnav, we lost like 6-7 dudes to that server, almost all of whom were toxic krono farmer types so it was nice to have them out of the guild. Other than that I'm not sure we've given it a second thought.

There's a guy who often trash talks on "behalf" of Faceless on the Agnarr Facebook group who I eventually found out is a Cleric who ghosted on us like 1 month into Kunark and has never logged on since, but he still posts on the Facebook group to this day trash talking guilds on a server he hasn't logged into for 6 months :D.

Usually the people in the guild I've seen talk the most trash to others are the most non-relevant or dumbest people, our serious players were just here to do Classic thru PoP, a lot of them had done previous TLPs but never made it past Kunark/Velious Agnarr was kind of a tourism type thing for them, almost none care about what goes on with other TLPs only with the other guilds on Agnarr itself.

• 2Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I give approximately zero fucks what has, has not, or will happen on Coirnav. I don't care about some folks talking trash. People always talk trash. I'm here to play a game I enjoy, and I'm not sorry if that offends you.

• 2Like

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Man GM's are so awful. We had a few people get screwed out of bertox kill day one. they put in a petition and got elemental flagged.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man GM's are so awful. We had a few people get screwed out of bertox kill day one. they put in a petition and got elemental flagged.

Surprised they also didn't get 100kpp for their trouble.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

baconlog

Molten Core Raider
I've been on most progression servers and i have never seen any population close to what Agnarr currently has running. Honestly, just go into the bazaar and look at how many vendors are up, i spent 20 minutes trying to find a spot to stand on my crappy bazaar account. There are like 8 major guilds going through full progression all on the final steps to get into elemental planes as of tonight. This is the most fun i have had in EQ in a long while.

• 2Like