Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Set a new record for Open Plat VT tonight! 1.8 million platinum collected and split!
Haven't checked in on the thread in a really long time but are you running Plat DKP raids? People bid plat on items and split the money at the end among the people who carried?

Juvarisx

Florida
Rolled a monk here since I found the EMU's a little too dead. Send me a tell on Spindal if you want to group

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last night's VT didn't generate as much plat as the week before, but the drops were worse. RNGuses rules us all. However, we filled out the raid before we even started. Had to turn people away, sadly.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
at some-point in time you are going to have to start turning away people who don't buy stuff. If no it can be abused. maybe put a cap on nonbidder people.

Sterling

El Presidente
at some-point in time you are going to have to start turning away people who don't buy stuff. If no it can be abused. maybe put a cap on nonbidder people.
They might be looking for specific items that might not drop for many straight runs. Or even if they don't want anything that's less competition for people that do and it helps bolster the raid with geared characters. Not sure how it would really be abused.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I meant it as people using the raid to just collect a PP check. But its #afirstworld problem really its always better to have more people, also with coth you can just swap people in and out of the expedition.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
A lot of the single mains who come are looking for a single chase item. They also help speed up the clear measurably. It is the first time we filled up so quickly so I'm not even sure it is a problem I need to think about. Regardless, of all the problems I could have that is a great one to have lol

Juvarisx

Florida
So I hit 33 today on my Monk and I will say this server is still pretty damn active. Granted I have been the one to create the groups, I have not leveled outside of one since level 4. Hit up the old haunts like Unrest basement in a proper leveled group, Dalnir, Mistmoore graveyard, Paludal bandits, Blackburow etc. Sometimes someone brings their boxed whatever but more often then not its just lowbies leveling. Twink gear is cheap as shit too I geared for 1/2 a Krono.

Good times

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pryda

Lord Nagafen Raider
Foaming Foaming I know you mentioned doing an open Plat Elementals raid. Why not just go all the way and do open plat Time? Is Faceless still doing Open World time? With a full raid should be easily doable, and the plat going on down on items would be insane. P1 and P2 could just be random rolled since those would be hard to distribute.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plat Time won't happen for a long, long time. There isn't an OW time so we are limited to our DZ. I'm still using my DZ with Faceless as I'm sure most people are using their's with their guild. Time is actually difficult, and I would be getting a mish mash of folks. I also value my sanity.

As for Plat Elementals? It is something I can see happening, but I can't say when. My schedule is fairly full currently and my events are drawing tons of people so no reason to move on yet.