Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
We got to Quarm on the Death Death Death encounter. The trick is to use DoT's and pet classes for DPS. Our class build is SK/Pally Cle Nec Mag Dru Ench. We can get to Quarm with 9 minutes left. Quarm seems impossible though on TLP. He AE's for 2500 and our characters are level 50 with 2000-2500 HP. Our tank also commonly gets 1 rounded since Quarm hits for 1300, so complete heal clickies are not much help. Anyone have tips for how to beat it?

So after putting a decent amount of time in on this, our preferred comp was War, Cleric, Chanter, Monk, Druid, Necro. We weren't able to try enough times to figure out how to get past the Warders consistently, but it was because of small errors like me messing up as the necro.

The group that posted about completing it on live was War, SK, cleric, chanter, druid, necro.

I think the only way to complete it on a TLP is insane luck. The illusion/mount/familiar rings are bugged, so if you have one of those you can use those things in the instance to gain the buffs. So on live you have a mount that gives you like 2000 HP/Mana and some AC, and familiars that give 20 Mana regen and other nutty things. Once we figured that out, we switched our bard main to playing the warrior with the fire elemental illusion from Vex Thal and increased our damage shield by almost 20, which was our main source of damage.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Third week of Open Plat VT! Over 1 million platinum collected and split! I am sure I got flagged for that lol

Next week will be on Thursday Aug 16 @ 8PM EST

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just started up on Agnarr the other day. 34 bard. Getting groups is starting to get tougher but I'm pushing through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
What's your character name? Prob some people on here to hook you up with some freebies if they are feeling saucy.

• 1Dislike

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
We split 1.28m plat from VT on Thursday. Nearly 30k each person who attended for the whole thing. Filled the raid out while there was a second open backflag raid going on. But you know, server is dead and all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We split 1.28m plat from VT on Thursday. Nearly 30k each person who attended for the whole thing. Filled the raid out while there was a second open backflag raid going on. But you know, server is dead and all.

That's cool, I hope it continues, I hope the server is currently healthy and I hope the server lives a long time in spite of my predictions...

... But generally I think a better way to measure the pulse of a server is the effort put at the very top content + the amount of new players or characters starting. Either of these dying is a bad sign, no matter how much middling content gets wrecked.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All daybreak has to do is some old school event like unleash werewolves on the common lands once a week or a few times a month and Agnarrs pop would be fine for awhile.

How do I know? EqMAC did this with a small pop and small little GM events were fantastic.

Rip EQMAC

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I see a couple new characters in general every day. Still have multiple guilds clearing time weekly. I think we've basically hit our steady state activity. It shouldnt grow much more than it is currently, and likely wont really drop below either.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Set a new record for Open Plat VT tonight! 1.8 million platinum collected and split!

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
~86 Krono

TacoBell.jpg

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 8 users