Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
I remember reading about that massive, epic war in Eve several years ago. It all started when a player did not pay upkeep on a guarding space station around a planet in a contested system or somesuch. The result was massive mayhem and destruction.

Keeping items repaired or with a finite lifespan is a related game mechanic idea. In a progression server, it would vastly slow the consumption of content, since essentially what it means is, you need to re-consume content to stay competitive. It would be the anti-thesis of the set it and forget way anyone who cares to can play classic eq.

Might be little audience for such maintenance intensive mechanics in the eq early world. But I bet there would be some audience. I am not saying lol it would be super popular!

Call it "curated server." do re-tunings, experiment with re-tunings, introduce item replenishment grind, and so forth. Never underestimate the pain l;evel classic eq'ers are willing to try to deal with, even as we enter the AARP persiod of our lives, or perhaps especially since.

• 2WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
TLP EQ is so fast paced gear usually only lasts a couple of months on average so you wouldn't be acquiring the same shit over and over you'd just be replacing just like is already happening unless you mean items breakdown in a couple of weeks instead of months, good luck with that.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Item repair on an Everquest TLP is about the stupidest idea I've heard in awhile. Please stop posting.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember reading about that massive, epic war in Eve several years ago. It all started when a player did not pay upkeep on a guarding space station around a planet in a contested system or somesuch. The result was massive mayhem and destruction.

Keeping items repaired or with a finite lifespan is a related game mechanic idea. In a progression server, it would vastly slow the consumption of content, since essentially what it means is, you need to re-consume content to stay competitive. It would be the anti-thesis of the set it and forget way anyone who cares to can play classic eq.

Might be little audience for such maintenance intensive mechanics in the eq early world. But I bet there would be some audience. I am not saying lol it would be super popular!

Call it "curated server." do re-tunings, experiment with re-tunings, introduce item replenishment grind, and so forth. Never underestimate the pain l;evel classic eq'ers are willing to try to deal with, even as we enter the AARP persiod of our lives, or perhaps especially since.

It's already annoying as hell dealing with Krono farmers, now you have ever major guild dominating items to stick in their banks/guild banks to have replacements ready.

Also, fuck feeling obligated to farm shit you've already obtained non-stop in order to not go backwards.

Nobody's ever felt like EQ would be better if they threw some Korean grinding nonsense into the mix

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Is it possible to camp a mage near djarn the destroyer and coh in a weekly raid for farming bow of the destroyer?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Is it possible to camp a mage near djarn the destroyer and coh in a weekly raid for farming bow of the destroyer?
*Dagarn

Not sure about coth park spot in ntov but i remember there being a bunch of roamers so probably not.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hosted an open VT run using platinum bids and splitting it all at the end tonight. Went well. Got my bardbox AHR neck for ~10Kr which is a great deal. Plan to keep hosting these as long as folks show up!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
item repair, might as well just bring back corpse runs !!

They should disable all forms of transportation besides boats, and break the boats.

Lets see how many 2018 players know you can't zone while swimming.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
If only, but seems like these TLP are heading away from "classic" and towards pleasing the loudest voices on the forums.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah AHR neck was about half the total for split. Still, it went for about half of what other people have sold it for on Agnarr.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neuad

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone messed with Death Death Death much? We tried it out last night and it was real fun trying to figure out. We got about 2/3rds the way complete before we hit a wall at the Warders.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Hello <Addictions> is hosting a Best of the Best group pvp Tournament with 600k plat guaranteed.

Here is the Info

When is it? - Saturday August 18th (8-18-18) @4pm EST.

Where is it? - Server Agnarr @The Arena

What is the buy in? - 60k Plat per team. All teams must have the buy ins paid by 3pm EST on August 18th or they will be disqualified

How many teams? - Tournament will host 5 at minimum and 20 maximum teams.

How do I sign my team up? - You can either post below with all names /classes of your group or you can send me a PM and I will enter your team.

When do signups end? - They end when either 20 teams have signed up OR on august 17th at 10pm EST.

googlesheets]gid=0;id=1256IYNmyVLHIFr1MPY_DJUKjTvZ8mZSddLAUDjVb

Rules

1. You may only have one of any class type per group.

2. You may only have buffs from within your group. (clickies are ok. No Potions.)

3. You must stay within the arena at all times during the fight.

4. We do not talk about the best of the best tourney.

5. We do not talk about the best of the best tourney.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Open Plat VT week 2 was an even bigger success. 629k was split! Bracelet of the Shadowed Hive, Dark Hand Wraps, Gloves of the Crimson Sigil!

Next week's run will be Thursday 9th @ 8PM EST. Come and join in the fun!

pryda

Lord Nagafen Raider
We got to Quarm on the Death Death Death encounter. The trick is to use DoT's and pet classes for DPS. Our class build is SK/Pally Cle Nec Mag Dru Ench. We can get to Quarm with 9 minutes left. Quarm seems impossible though on TLP. He AE's for 2500 and our characters are level 50 with 2000-2500 HP. Our tank also commonly gets 1 rounded since Quarm hits for 1300, so complete heal clickies are not much help. Anyone have tips for how to beat it?