Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Found at local good will.

IMG_1160.JPG

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it was 5 bucks, the original tag is from Frys electronics.
Seen a lot of fun stuff like that at Goodwill over the years, the problem is that they don't check CD Keys, so they are always used. You see WoW a lot as well.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Told my wife's dad I was playing on this new server. He gave me these...

He used to play back in the day on Emarr, Helena a shaman.

NAwMCud.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Man so tempted to give this a go, some good times were had playing this. Fuck the drama my guild was a part of on Fennin/Druzzil was some fun times.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Convinced two pals to join me on this. We haven't played in probably 10 years. Took a day off work and gonna roll with a SK/Druid/Ench trio. So fucking pumped and the wife already hates me.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm probably just a pussy, but I'm not sure I could stand EverQuest gameplay nowadays.

Loved the game, and will cherish it more than any other game I've ever played...but the gameplay itself was never compelling. And since it's no longer 1999 and it's not a novel idea that everyone is experiencing for the first time, I'm not sure I can look past it.

Vaclav

Yep, got my schedule for the first two weeks of it - zero chance I'm bothering being part of the initial rush. If I come, I'll be coming late. And knowing me, not showing up early will kill any drive - I hate starting late.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm probably just a pussy, but I'm not sure I could stand EverQuest gameplay nowadays.

Loved the game, and will cherish it more than any other game I've ever played...but the gameplay itself was never compelling. And since it's no longer 1999 and it's not a novel idea that everyone is experiencing for the first time, I'm not sure I can look past it.
Not sure if this helps, but there's some nostalgia involved, but it's had years of live coding and QOL shit added that it's very different in many ways than it was in 1999. It's EQ lite now and you can just tourist it if you wanted.

Vaclav

Not sure if this helps, but there's some nostalgia involved, but it's had years of live coding and QOL shit added that it's very different in many ways than it was in 1999. It's EQ lite now and you can just tourist it if you wanted.

Indeed - Instancing alone reduces the hardcoreness to get things done a ton - much less all the other tweaks behind the scenes that aren't as obvious. (AC and spelldat tweaks for example)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
instancing finally got added during this go rounds TLP servers right? Pretty sure when I started on ragefire(?) it wasnt in but got added some point during. or after lockjaw was activated?

Vaclav

instancing finally got added during this go rounds TLP servers right? Pretty sure when I started on ragefire(?) it wasnt in but got added some point during. or after lockjaw was activated?

Was for the server after LJ - Phinigel. Instancing and the "anti-boxing" were the two primary selling points.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If you want to do the nostalgia tour, be sure to turn on the old models.

The revamped zones might put you off but all the old dungeons are still in low poly glory.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Relapsing on EQ is like a cardinal sin for a lot of us.
  • So the zones themselves are going to feature the upgraded graphics/modifications and not the old ones.
  • Skeles/Orc/Mage Pets will be old school.
  • Additional zone instances will be available to balance out populations
  • I haven't played on EQ Live Progressions, how do Necros and Bards stack up - Can bards still kite effectively? Can necros still fearchain effectively? Are either desirable in groups?
If I jump into the fray, I'm going in hard.

• 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Relapsing on EQ is like a cardinal sin for a lot of us.
  • So the zones themselves are going to feature the upgraded graphics/modifications and not the old ones.
  • Skeles/Orc/Mage Pets will be old school.
  • Additional zone instances will be available to balance out populations
  • I haven't played on EQ Live Progressions, how do Necros and Bards stack up - Can bards still kite effectively? Can necros still fearchain effectively? Are either desirable in groups?
If I jump into the fray, I'm going in hard.

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
4a) Necro pets are like wet paper now and only 1-3 will be allowed on most raids (they cause a debuff from the raid mob). Necro's can charm undead in groups and charming is really OP. Necro DPS is stack all dots and lifetap in between.
4b) Bards are super in demand due to the DPS they add and utility. They don't really kite like what you're thinking on live though. Probably one of the most in demand raid classes by a long shot as well.

Go hard my dude its fun for a bit on these servers =)

• 1Like