Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
4a) Necro pets are like wet paper now and only 1-3 will be allowed on most raids (they cause a debuff from the raid mob). Necro's can charm undead in groups and charming is really OP. Necro DPS is stack all dots and lifetap in between.
4b) Bards are super in demand due to the DPS they add and utility. They don't really kite like what you're thinking on live though. Probably one of the most in demand raid classes by a long shot as well.

Go hard my dude its fun for a bit on these servers =)

Thanks for that - was just reading up on the swarm kiting changes made A LONG time ago - the change was very reasonable I guess. Sucks because it was a lot of fun to see how many mobs you could stack in a circle without dying or how many you could drop on someone that made you mad/stole your camp. Seems like the bard solo dynamic sort of changed a little bit from what I remember but I think I'll give it a try. The utility of the songs was like a Swiss Army Knife.

Were Necro Pets nerfed? Wasn't aware of the raid mob debuff.. I enjoyed soloing with them a lot with heavy pulls/fear kiting and it was a good way to get by when camps/groups were always full on my server. Do the experience rules favor grouping over soloing? I know some independent servers I've read up on had rules that favored that as a way to bring people together.

Those were my two favorite classes from that bygone era, I'm going to do some more reading on what I can expect from either.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Might try bard again. Always fun, even though I was getting a bit annoyed by charm/mez limits. Maybe even make it to classic this time, where at least your epic shoots your group utility way up.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Might try bard again. Always fun, even though I was getting a bit annoyed by charm/mez limits. Maybe even make it to classic this time, where at least your epic shoots your group utility way up.

Crazy enough, I was considering 2-boxing bards because of the Melody function and the flexibility in scripting your hotkeys. Having a passive bard on follow to boost your experience would be great and doesn't really require too much input - may seem like overkill with overlapping functionalities though. But I think the song buffs do stack I believe.. not sure.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for that - was just reading up on the swarm kiting changes made A LONG time ago - the change was very reasonable I guess. Sucks because it was a lot of fun to see how many mobs you could stack in a circle without dying or how many you could drop on someone that made you mad/stole your camp. Seems like the bard solo dynamic sort of changed a little bit from what I remember but I think I'll give it a try. The utility of the songs was like a Swiss Army Knife.

Were Necro Pets nerfed? Wasn't aware of the raid mob debuff.. I enjoyed soloing with them a lot with heavy pulls/fear kiting and it was a good way to get by when camps/groups were always full on my server. Do the experience rules favor grouping over soloing? I know some independent servers I've read up on had rules that favored that as a way to bring people together.

Those were my two favorite classes from that bygone era, I'm going to do some more reading on what I can expect from either.

Necro pet HPs were nerfed to the ground, they basically cant tank more than a couple of hits now. The debuff for raids is on any mob with a buff called Mitigation of the Mighty - Mitigation of the Mighty III

The debuff is a rising counter based on the number of pets - Mark of the Old Ways I

Your XP in a group is going to the the best especially with charm pets. Potions make the grind much easier now.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crazy enough, I was considering 2-boxing bards because of the Melody function and the flexibility in scripting your hotkeys. Having a passive bard on follow to boost your experience would be great and doesn't really require too much input - may seem like overkill with overlapping functionalities though. But I think the song buffs do stack I believe.. not sure.

Hmm could do it, would double your chant kite dps(which is pretty slow). Since after a certain level you are not really doing any melee as solo bard. Charm still works somewhat, but because of the fixed mana regen(iirc its 1 per tick and nothing buffs it) bards get stuck with it blows once you have to start paying mana to charm. And you are just left chant kiting, which is very slow(and I was doing it with a naggy drum at the time). Also having to switch to flute to invis was annoying as hell(obviously not a problem once kunark and 51 hits).

Seems like much better off choosing something else instead of 2 bards.

I eventually just had to make a character I could solo farm plat with(was a mage iirc).

Sterling

El Presidente
Necro pet HPs were nerfed to the ground, they basically cant tank more than a couple of hits now. The debuff for raids is on any mob with a buff called Mitigation of the Mighty - Mitigation of the Mighty III

The debuff is a rising counter based on the number of pets - Mark of the Old Ways .
Yeah what will happen is mage pets will be on the mob, and then however many necro pets can be put on without ranking up the mark.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Looks like the Bard will be my main class and grouping up is the way to go. Probably consider PLing a heavier damage class (Wizard kiting still powerful?) down the road for farming purposes and use the bard to augment them.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
any UI mods or recommendations? I have only dabbled in EQ briefly. Thinking about jumping in and playing an Enc.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Not sure if this was posted but stole it from Reddit - in regards to recent patch notes for the server:

• In classic zones (Velious and earlier), many weapons, shields, and other held items have reverted to their classic appearance.
  • Most lower level Druid and Shaman DoT spells now do as much or slightly more damage as the equivalent spell plus the two spells before it when the spells originally stacked. Mana cost of these spells have increased accordingly. These changes apply to the shaman Curse, Blood of Saryrn, and Breath of Ultor lines and the druid Sunscorch and Stinging Swarm lines.
  • Classic monsters across Norrath, celebrate! In classic zones (Lost Dungeons of Norrath and earlier), many creatures have reverted to their classic appearance. This change affects the following models: skeleton, bat, rat, snake, spider, drake, orc, goblin, puma, lion, kobold, zombie, mummy, basilisk/alligator, spectre, and wolf.

Setsa

Trakanon Raider
any UI mods or recommendations? I have only dabbled in EQ briefly. Thinking about jumping in and playing an Enc.

Most people I think played with the default ui on Phinny you can login and setup your ui now and copy it over on launch.

You should grab GINA and set it up. It can do quite a bit of useful things in terms of cool down bars, mez times, boss times etc etc

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well apparently I had 20 or so krono from playing LJ, so won't even have to pay :p

Now just to decide class. Do bard again cause they are fun even with some of the annoyances(mezz limites, always 1 mana regen, shitty invis for first expac that includes no IVU) or try something else for once. Since all I did in Live is a Wiz and all I have done in TLP is Bard.

Edit: Probably just do bard again. apped on Faceless website(apparently it's different from previous ones).

Last edited:

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think its not used in PoP atm on Phinny because the level cap in era is so low on mobs.

Is it? Last I'd heard it was supposed to work up to 59 which should hit the high level hobgobs in PoN and such.