Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is going to be so much kill stealing tomorrow, hah. Erudites newb area only goes to lvl 5 I think so that is a hell of a run after 5 to get to hunting grounds. Freeport was chock full of stuff. Gfay rather empty, I saw a vid of steafont with 1 mob in it. Wonder if "feature" or bug.

If you cross the rivers (Kerra or Paineel) it goes to nearly 20 without too much annoyance. (Technically I think you could even do 30 there, but impractical)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
We don't know exactly the exp of Agnarr but it sounds like it is the same as RF and LJ. Phinny was about half that.

It was pretty damned slow. RF and LJ were pretty reasonable.

Phinny also has a soloing penalty I thought. That is, you get exp multipliers if the more full your group, but duoing and soling slowed exp down to a crawl. I am guessing that aspect of phinny's exp system is NOT in play on Agnarr.

All the people having trouble with the web site, why did you wait until the last minute?

0A4CJpu.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Phinny also has a soloing penalty I thought. That is, you get exp multipliers if the more full your group, but duoing and soling slowed exp down to a crawl. I am guessing that aspect of phinny's exp system is NOT in play on Agnarr.

LOL where do you guys get your info. Phinny isn't special in any way other than it being a True-box TLP. The exp modifier is just lower than the Ragefire/Lockjaw modifier. They didn't create a "soloing" penalty or any other crazy theory you may have.

Soloing is just less effective because 6 people beating on something kills it faster than 1. You don't get a bonus for having more group members, you simply don't get penalized for adding a 6th member to a group (ie. a Group of 5 will earn the exact same experience as a group of 6).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should be off work about 3pm, and going straight to the store to pick up some eats. Then it's back to the hotel room to hit refresh!

Will the server select page refresh itself automatically, or what's the best way to get logged in ASAP?

kudos

<Banned>
LOL where do you guys get your info. Phinny isn't special in any way other than it being a True-box TLP. The exp modifier is just lower than the Ragefire/Lockjaw modifier. They didn't create a "soloing" penalty or any other crazy theory you may have.

Soloing is just less effective because 6 people beating on something kills it faster than 1. You don't get a bonus for having more group members, you simply don't get penalized for adding a 6th member to a group (ie. a Group of 5 will earn the exact same experience as a group of 6).

You always had an xp modifier when you had a full group in EQ. This was serverwide since forever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Okay, got my next week starter narowed down to Shaman, Bard, or (if you have a better idea insert it here)

Only classes I've never really played are Shaman, Bard, Enc and Wiz

I want something that I can at least xp a slight bit with in random "I wanna soloz bitches" time. Which I think all can do. Shaman/Bard/Enc best for groups? Do all of them raid decently all the way through the end of this servers expansion timeline?

Fuck, decisions.

I don't wanna box. IDGAF about being able to solo named, since I figure I'll hook up with a group, or do a decent cash farm at some point. Or just buy Krono like a fucking scrub.

Enc/Wiz scare me cause i fucking despise tradeskills, and goddamn research always sounded like the most PITA ones; Please tell me this isnt the case so I can be a dress wearing ninny boy?

Its been fucking forever since I decided to take EQ as my "serious gaming" game.

kudos

<Banned>
If anyone is looking to play 6pm-2am EST Wed / Thur & 5pm(Friday)-Until you pass out(Saturday-Monday) LET ME KNOW. Due to my PM's there seems to be enough interest for a full group since Faceless is only setting up statics for poopsockers right now.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

They added some sort of scaling on per kill xp I believe it was on fippy. I think they scaled it back to a soft cap by ragefire. Was not on combine.

This stopped being as critical after the first 10 or so levels, since you rarely would hit it anymore. At level 1 though it meant you literally got identical xp solo or full group off 1 kill, I remember laughing at that.

Long ramble short, join groups, unless everyone is afk the xp is better.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They added some sort of scaling on per kill xp I believe it was on fippy. I think they scaled it back to a soft cap by ragefire. Was not on combine.

This stopped being as critical after the first 10 or so levels, since you rarely would hit it anymore. At level 1 though it meant you literally got identical xp solo or full group off 1 kill, I remember laughing at that.

Long ramble short, join groups, unless everyone is afk the xp is better.

Yes there was a cap on Fippy, but they either did away with that or significantly increased the cap.

You always had an xp modifier when you had a full group in EQ. This was serverwide since forever.

I suppose you can call it a modifier, although I simply see it as not incurring a penalty for a 6th member. You are right though many refer to it as a full group bonus.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
KEYSTONE, ARE YOU PLAYING SIR?!?!?!
If you want to call it that. Probably on a few hours tonight then 6-midnight thurs and Friday afternoon through tues pretty hard. Going ench this time. After the first week I'll be a casual scrub happy to have instances though. You going with Faceless? Need to figure out a home so I have someone to kill dragons with lol.