Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What would a wizard do for farming plat solo in any of the expansions? I imagine porting people would be...mediocre to decent depending on how much time you spent taxi driving but is there anything really decent? Cant imagine they are very efficient nuking down cyclops/hill giants or doing any decent camp.

Hill giants aren't bad early on at all, raw PP is very valuable the first couple of weeks.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Rolling an Ogre SK since I never played a tank. Friends and I will only be playing 3-4 hours a night once the kids are in bed. Anyone have a list of groupable content for tank gear?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still planning on going Barb shaman for now until Kunark, hopefully the newb zone change isn't too poopy. Anyone know any good info for to-do low level quests in that area? I know pretty much nothing outside of Kunark zones.

I went to see how bare the area was and found about 20 level 2 wolfs which would get you to 4, it has a bit of decaying skeletons mixed in though. This is one row north out from the newbie area, 3 of the wolves instantly respawned when i killed them.

DrbUNyc.jpg
3QU4G2T.jpg

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a bunch of this daybreak cash left over from buying H1Z1, is it good for anything on the new agnarr server?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This may be a little off-topic but do you guys think these TLP server (especially recent server including Agnarr) have been substantial financial boosts to DB's bottom line? The Daybreak Cash got me thinking about their cash flow and curious to what their subs have done over the last 6-8 months?

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I'd imagine the TLP servers are the primary source of active subs. Krono plays into that as well, and I am sure that the amount of krono purchased is way out of proportion to the number of accounts. Then things like the $30 satchels, exp pots, assorted QoL pots...

I personally re-subbed for a year, plus have a second account that will be funded by krono. I also bought the satchel, and if another is available I will buy a second. I think alot of returning players are doing similar, to fill a year or two and see if anything new can scratch the itch then.

Last edited:

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
This may be a little off-topic but do you guys think these TLP server (especially recent server including Agnarr) have been substantial financial boosts to DB's bottom line? The Daybreak Cash got me thinking about their cash flow and curious to what their subs have done over the last 6-8 months?

For this server I bought 3 months of time, 1 second chance bag and 10k DB cash. If they announced another 40 slot bag today I would buy that to.

And I am not a wealthy person. This is my entertainment budget for months.

Pretty sure they are printing money.

Sterling

El Presidente
Phinny is the most populated server they have by a lot. And it requires a sub even if it's often via krono. I mean it's not exactly WoW money, but I'm sure it's a decent amount or they wouldn't keep doing them.

Noahx

N00b
Even the $1 potions (.90 if sub'd) must add to revenue. Can't levi or sow? Just buy it and get a buff for 4 hours. Just watch out for dispellers...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If it was me... i'd sunset EQ2 and put my entire team onto EQ1 and begin rebuilding original zones and attempt to retexture everything like we have seen in the images floating around. I post them time to time but I think it would be worth the investment.

I don't know what it would take to really spice it up without losing the enduring, nostalgic appearance and feel but I really think there is a way and EQ really has a strong niche player base that's extremely loyal.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'd imagine the TLP servers are the primary source of active subs. Krono plays into that as well, and I am sure that the amount of krono purchased is way out of proportion to the number of accounts. Then things like the $30 satchels, exp pots, assorted QoF pots...

I personally re-subbed for a year, plus have a second account that will be funded by krono. I also bought the satchel, and if another is available I will buy a second. I think alot of returning players are doing similar, to fill a year or two and see if anything new can scratch the itch then.
the money they get out of this is definitely weighted heavily around the launch of a new server when players are motivated to throw down money for potions and bags and shit. which creates an interesting business model since it incentivizes DBG to launch a new one of these servers as often as practical.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if I want to roll wizard or necro first. I think I would probably play wizard long run since I like to group but it will be nice to have the ability to farm and solo to get some gear. I did have a lot of fun on both.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully my static group is good with a 25% group potion. The 50% one is like 4500 DBC, nooo way I'm doing that. Bags are super $$$ as well :*(

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm I applied to Faceless Order for Agnarr but I'm unsure if anyone remembers me from Ragefire and Fippy. :(

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm conflicted right now. A lot of my friends are playing, they want to be mage, shaman, monk, and cleric. I was thinking I'd be a tank, whats the best tank choice? Ogre SK? Warrior?