Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If you want to call it that. Probably on a few hours tonight then 6-midnight thurs and Friday afternoon through tues pretty hard. Going ench this time. After the first week I'll be a casual scrub happy to have instances though. You going with Faceless? Need to figure out a home so I have someone to kill dragons with lol.
Yup, rollin a gnome necro. Should teach me your l33t nec skillz.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Yes there was a cap on Fippy, but they either did away with that or significantly increased the cap.

I suppose you can call it a modifier, although I simply see it as not incurring a penalty for a 6th member. You are right though many refer to it as a full group bonus.

Theres a bonus, too. like 2 people is xp/2+3% or some shit

They posted the forumlas years ago during original PoP I think.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes there was a cap on Fippy, but they either did away with that or significantly increased the cap.

I think they softcapped it. I also agree that I saw no sign of phinny having a cap that lj/rf did not.

Theres a bonus, too. like 2 people is xp/2+3% or some shit

They posted the forumlas years ago during original PoP I think.

The old bonus of 20% split 6 ways got buffed to I think now 100% and split 5 ways, which means every full group kill should return about 40% of what a solo kill would for that mob. If your group of 6 can kill only 3x as fast as you soloing, you still get more xp even without any per kill softcap.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I am probably starting out in steamfont. I am assuming the best way to go is just call out lfg in the area and murder everything til 5 or so? Then decide if i want to run to freeport or go crushbone/unrest since they are closer?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
There is going to be so much kill stealing tomorrow, hah. Erudites newb area only goes to lvl 5 I think so that is a hell of a run after 5 to get to hunting grounds. Freeport was chock full of stuff. Gfay rather empty, I saw a vid of steafont with 1 mob in it. Wonder if "feature" or bug.

Did they fix boats? It's not bad at all with the translocator to Qeynos and then Blackburrow etc. I rolled Erudite for my Enchanter on the first progression server and then again on the one before Ragefire because Erudite Enchanters have the best stats overall and they can complete Steins of Moggok faster than any other Enchanter race (via Origin/Bind). Being able to Origin to Erudin to do one part of the Stein and then use the boat translocator to Qeynos for another part and then gate to Freeport = completing a Stein of Moggok in under 15 minutes over and over (just before your Origin refreshes). Made so much bank questing Steins on both runs I did. On the first progression server I was so insanely rich from being the first to start Platinum jewelry thanks to Stein plat.

But yeah Toxx wasn't too bad both times I did it (although the first time was before Toxx was ruined aka revamped). Kerra is a mess though unless you get a really strong group with Mages, and then it can be awesome, but that only supports 1 group.

Elidroth got canned last year or so. It was nice having batphone with a dev but alas.

Really?? Damn. What's the info on that? Has he posted since?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Trying to come up with a hookie excuse to get out of work. 1 day isn't bad, but 2.5 days I basically gotta make um believe I nearly died.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I read somewhere they buffed druids recently? Do the class changes affect the TLP servers? Did druids get a dps buff?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I read somewhere they buffed druids recently? Do the class changes affect the TLP servers? Did druids get a dps buff?

Druid dots no longer stack but each one now costs more mana and does substantially more damage. I don't know if it is actually an increase in dps but it does have its benefits.

Sterling

El Presidente
Druid and Shaman dot lines are now consolidated so you can only apply 1 of each line, but it will do more damage than they used to. Also, Druids and Shaman now get superior heal in the low/mid 40s and Paladins at 48 instead of in the 50s, which is a pretty huge deal in classic.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shamans and Druids now get Superior Heal in Classic, vs having to wait until Kunark and Level 51.

The DoT changes basically is a way to get rid of having to stack DoTs. Each DoT now does as much damage as current and 2 before it combined, with a mana cost increase to go with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'll roll a druid first if they actually made a couple decent changes. I've never played one. They can always make a good power level buff bitch later.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wow these are badass.

eqposters.jpg

Edit: Found them Ruins of Kunark – Photo Stock Print – Keith Parkinson

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Keith Parkinson died back around GoD/OoW I believe. You used to be able to buy his work on his website. His wife got mad over something but I can't remember what.

I remember. Sad stuff. I don't know about his wife being mad. Heard she is the one selling these now.