Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Seems annoying as fuck especially if you didn't level up with the initial wave.
I would imagine. Less groups, shittier groups, no xp bonus. Might as well wait for next year's nostalgia money grab at this point.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I would imagine. Less groups, shittier groups, no xp bonus. Might as well wait for next year's nostalgia money grab at this point.

Ya I might get on the next train if I find myself in position to poopsock the launch. If this launched 6 months ago I had all sorts of fuck off time. Now not so much.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
runnyeye has always been mage central, even since ragefire, im surprised they dont ban those guys easily though but yeah i guess they're "there" everyoen farms those BAMs

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
If you happen to have a 40+ healer class, just get some boxes to unrest levels in prep for July fourth weekend. Once it hits, join a group there, buff and heal for constant plowing. Move group to lguk live side at 30ish, and slowly work the group towards king as you gain levels. I say live side bc its frequently underutilized and wide open. Guess you could do it with a melee class too tanking for the group to come up....

With bonus exp and buff/heal box, a group could take 10ish to 50 pretty quick carrying your alt boxes.

Especially for any enchs that didn't make a cleric...Jesus, make a cleric box alrdy ;)

Once you get cleric ench rolling, you'll want one more easy DPS unattended box, so go ahead and make a mage or necros with your cleric.
Keep in mind necros pet will do pretty similar DPS, and for the loss of those few DPS you'll gain FD res for when your ench cleric get smashed...MANA battery for tough times on ench breaking or holding tough camps, exp grind in chardok, etc.

Alternatively, make a wizard as the third for travel and easy one button nuking when you're mostly focusing on ench main but want ez extra grind dps.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Just fucking ragequit. I got a tell from a GM, warning me for pathing exploits.

I was running around near an orc camp trying to let my animation get agro. Fuck this horseshit oversensitive CS. I prefer the wild west.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buy used laptop on eBay for $50
I bet a raspberry pi can run EQ? Not sure
I remember at one point Newegg had refurbished Dell computers for around $150 or less that would play EQ pretty well. The issues start happening when actually trying to box that many. Hence why a cleric/ench is so powerful. Just 2 toons and they can do so damn much.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just fucking ragequit. I got a tell from a GM, warning me for pathing exploits.

I was running around near an orc camp trying to let my animation get agro. Fuck this horseshit oversensitive CS. I prefer the wild west.

Should of told him to fix their horrible pet pathing and mob pathing then. So many places in the world you can literally move 1 foot in a direction and your mob/pet will turn and run 30 yards away and back around to get to you.

Lots of places to exploit it too, where you can kite forever taking a step forward then back. CB is horrible for it.

Feels like some douche had to report you though or something, I can't imagine a GM just hanging around looking at that.

You sure it was a GM tell?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I use a dell e6500 at work when I have free time and im pretty sure they go for like $150 on eBay.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I remember at one point Newegg had refurbished Dell computers for around $150 or less that would play EQ pretty well. The issues start happening when actually trying to box that many. Hence why a cleric/ench is so powerful. Just 2 toons and they can do so damn much.

I got a refurbished hp laptop from newegg for 150, it runs it quite well.

and yeah odd that a gm was runnin around like that.

Last edited:

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I have a box capable Dell laptop I bought on eBay for $100. I never plan on 6 boxing again, or anything past 2 or 3 boxing which I have good desktops for.

I'd be willing to ship the laptop in exchange for 10krono.
I'll also cover shipping, comes with a desktop mouse.
If you aren't happy with the product, I'll refund all 10 krono for the laptop back.

Send me a PM if interested

Would be a great deal for any single enchanters wanting to add a cleric box to CH your beast mode pets, and buff your cloth ass to not die during random charmbreak+add(s)

By the time howling stones is out, you charm a crypt spectre with cleric on autofollow. Clear entire dungeon easy. Crypt spectre is OP. Can power level people 40-60 super fast this way, prob one of fastest ways in game. Especially if you have additional enchanter/necros in GRP to charm more spectres.

I'll also throw in keybinds tips from the setup I used and tactics to be successful..Not like many of you need it. Some might benefit being new to EQ again w charm OP

The krono would go directly to getting me started on agnarr if I eventually decide to make a run, after you have said you're happy with the product of course. This would likely come back to benefit you as well as I would build a little crew that could help ya get shit done down the road.

Last edited:

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Had to pleasure of joining a UR basement group with Isaak of this guild. Had a higher lvl shm outside of group who took the General kills from our group. Took 2-3 kills to notice he was stealing the loot before it was brought up "Are we going to roll for it?" and "idc" was his response. Fyi.

Guild is a creation of a popular Twitch streamer, CohhCarnage. Lots of OK people, but tons of people like the above stories. Supposedly there is going to be a purge of some kind shortly. Everybody in the guild can inv and I heard him say they have like 1100+ people as of now.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Finding groups has not been that hard for me and I just started, but the tactic so far just seems to get 6 people in a group and then zerg the shit out of stuff even if 1/2 the group dies every pull or every other pull you come out ahead. Hopefully it's just alts or something that will change as they lvl up, surely they don't plan on doing that as a real tactic later on.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Well 58% into 46, did most of the past couple levels at King today...was nice had a great group and spent most of the day there. Walked away with some nice new loot, would it be possible to hit 50 in 2 days?Have both days completely free. Should i try to get only into a Hole or Sol B group to maximize exp gain? Again Hatton is druids name if anyone here happens to have a free slot needing filled, can heal if needed.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I never thought the hole was really that great of XP. Honestly the OOT goblin island was considered the best if you get a group. Solb LDCs arent bad, lguk was better. I always did the king cause no one camps live side, pull king all way to keep.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Guild is a creation of a popular Twitch streamer, CohhCarnage. Lots of OK people, but tons of people like the above stories. Supposedly there is going to be a purge of some kind shortly. Everybody in the guild can inv and I heard him say they have like 1100+ people as of now.

over 1500 now and invites have stopped. will lose 80% of the guild when the first month wears off.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I never thought the hole was really that great of XP. Honestly the OOT goblin island was considered the best if you get a group. Solb LDCs arent bad, lguk was better. I always did the king cause no one camps live side, pull king all way to keep.

The Hole has always, always been some of the best XP in the game. OOT was only made decent recently.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Just as i talk shit about Banshee spawns we get about 12 last night. Got my bp, arms, and gloves. I really believe they just threw darts at a stat board to choose what to put on these items. Why the fuck would bard class gear have wisdom and int on it and no other stats outside of high ac? BP is pimp though.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
LOL I just got a bug in Sola where I got instantly crushed 10,000 times by one of those stone thingies and it insta killed me. Damn that wouldn't have been hilarious if I wasn't just mucking around trying to find Gabbie Mardoodle's spawn. Would have pissed me off if not max 50 haha. Never had that one before! I was just walking under it as normal and instead of 1 or 2 crushes it was instant death.

EQ000111.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user