Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
When the first BCG dropped Zaide said that necros, shamans, and druids can bid on it.

If you take a BCG as a shaman or druid over one of the core raiding necros you are an asshole and that shit should be veto'ed imo.

Make the necros pay out the ass for it, just don't drop a 120 bid on it and take it over them heh.

I understand the reasoning behind restricting or defaulting to necro's, but my issue with the BCG is just how huge of a gap there is for basically ALL usable classes between the BCG and the next available belt. So just because necro's get better use of the focus effect, a class like a druid or shaman get stuck wearing a shitty dweamorvine garland or flayed turmoil skin belt for 2 expansions while all the necros get defaulted BCG's. It might be different if other classes had a suitable or comparable alternative.

If the server wasn't a super casual environment and guilds actually NEEDED that slight min/max dps boost, I'd say fine. But on this server(and even on Phinny tbh) its kind of a joke to be so restrictive on gear that is still by far BiS for many other classes.

Just my opinion!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I understand the reasoning behind restricting or defaulting to necro's, but my issue with the BCG is just how huge of a gap there is for basically ALL usable classes between the BCG and the next available belt. So just because necro's get better use of the focus effect, a class like a druid or shaman get stuck wearing a shitty dweamorvine garland or flayed turmoil skin belt for 2 expansions while all the necros get defaulted BCG's. It might be different if other classes had a suitable or comparable alternative.

If the server wasn't a super casual environment and guilds actually NEEDED that slight min/max dps boost, I'd say fine. But on this server(and even on Phinny tbh) its kind of a joke to be so restrictive on gear that is still by far BiS for many other classes.

Just my opinion!

Pretty much this for me as well. I will never protest item restrictions in the guild as I am for supporting the guild in any way I can. But if you open up bids to other classes I am not going to feel bad about bidding on it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wow.. this shit is addictive ..... Again... so uhh 48 almost 49 Druid LFG/Raids/whatever, ( Old school Veeshan druid here).

Omg Toalin, I remember you. Weren't you in Celestial Tomb? I remember meeting you on my Druid and then joining Celestial Tomb later. Maybe I have that wrong, but I definitely remember you. I was a newb druid when I met you so you taught me a few things iirc. Crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Just my opinion!

In AoS the only argument for the BCG really was that we knew we wouldn't get more than a few and putting them on our top DPS like Starklen, Grisvok, and Siirx >>>> putting them on anyone else. It's just one of the rarest raid drops in the game like Abashi's. You have to delineate a very rare and useful raid drop from the ones like WDC's or RBBs etc that are really common. Like I mentioned before most of the stuff we had officer meetings about or even argued for days on end was a waste of time looking back now. The silliest and longest officer discussion was probably the Phara Dar robe which should have just been open to whatever class with the restriction that you needed to be 50% or above in classic to loot within the first 1/3 of expac.

Pretty much this for me as well. I will never protest item restrictions in the guild as I am for supporting the guild in any way I can. But if you open up bids to other classes I am not going to feel bad about bidding on it.

I bid on an SoD as a SK because they voted to let anyone able to use it buy it, but mostly because they were going for next to nothing and we had a huge majority of the servers. No matter what you preempt with items like SoD's and gnome masks there are people waiting for that day to just purely RMT like Solkos, Radien / Kyrax or other broke dick TLP players.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Christ almighty. Daybreak needs to do something about the way people switch picks. Got into a brand new Hole pick thinking my group was finally going to have a chance at some of these drops but nope. Boxed shitbirds immediately zone over into the jail camp and take over.

Damn seems the curve has finally peaked. Wasn't that crazy at all being a few days behind the curve. But leveling now or leveling alts now seems like chaos lol.

Nullify

Trakanon Raider

Just my opinion!

I can't speak for druids, but Troll & Barb shamans both have decent belt options from Inny. BCG is definitely BiS, but there's much better than turmoilskin to hold you over for awhile.

That said, I agree with those saying it should be solidly necro first, even on a non-competitive server like we have at the moment. As a shaman there's no way I would take one over our necros unless we were at the point where they were going to recruits or people with shit raid attendance.

Ashenor

Golden Knight of the Realm
2w5tyjr.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You never know with DBG lol

Can you or someone explain augs to me. Please explain as if I am a small dog or a tard. I've pretty much just ignored them on my Shaman. Is it still worthwhile or usable at all on Shaman/Necro?

I was under the impression they were like gems with procs for melee only.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can you or someone explain augs to me. Please explain as if I am a small dog or a tard. I've pretty much just ignored them on my Shaman. Is it still worthwhile or usable at all on Shaman/Necro?

All the Augs i've seen are the standard Melee ones.

Dyll

Molten Core Raider

Melee augs were included on the TLPs to try to counter the massive increase in caster power due to changes made to live over the years. Melee aug vendors are available in starter cities I believe.

Regular augs for gear for all classes start showing up in LDoN

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Melee augs were included on the TLPs to try to counter the massive increase in caster power due to changes made to live over the years. Melee aug vendors are available in starter cities I believe.

Regular augs for gear for all classes start showing up in LDoN

So my shaman cannot use any of them right now?

Lushie

Lord Nagafen Raider

Pretty sure caster augs won't be in til later. Augs were put in early to help melee out because they hurt real bad.

That's my understanding anyway. Someone can slap me if I'm wrong.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
If you melee at all, throwing a HoT aug on your weapon wouldn't be the worst idea. Otherwise, like Dyll said, I wouldn't worry about augs at all until LDoN.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are melee only bros, not even an option on a healer or caster.

The stun ones are good for warriors and I would at minimum put a heal or DoT proc aug on anyone who can use. They are independent proc rates from the weapons so there is no reason not too.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Has Faceless gotten another BCG yet? Still can't believe I only paid 50 or whatever, no idea what other nerds are saving for if it wasn't that?