Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Man, I cant imagine what it's like trying to herd those guys through sky. You must have great patience.

I have some help now and they are getting the hang of it.

It helps that I fill a 72 person raid 30 minutes before the start time and I have 20+ replacements stsnding by.

I've kicked and replaced my fair share.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Dat Envenomed Bolt is pretty ridiculous even with just a Serpentine Bracer. I use the Blight hammer and Envenomed Bolt a lot now and just wreck stuff.

Question on the White Dragonscale Cloak. For the enhanced dmg focus. Does it work for every DOT tick or just DD?

You'll have to pick yourself up a BCG if you want to increase your DOT damage (Burning affliction III). It's the only burning affliction III item until Velious.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You'll have to pick yourself up a BCG if you want to increase your DOT damage (Burning affliction III). It's the only burning affliction III item until Velious.

I haven't even seen one drop. Pretty sure we have DKP restriction for Shaman on that item anywho. But eventually sure I guess!

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I haven't even seen one drop. Pretty sure we have DKP restriction for Shaman on that item anywho. But eventually sure I guess!

I have also not seen one drop so I'm unsure how they will restrict it. It would be nice if they did necro/shaman/druid, but necros were pretty vocal on past TLPs about having it necro only and would make a pretty big fuss about it.

On phinigel the shaman/druid dots were not revamped though. Both classes now do considerably more damage with their dots so I don't think it's unreasonable to add those 2 classes.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have also not seen one drop so I'm unsure how they will restrict it. It would be nice if they did necro/shaman/druid, but necros were pretty vocal on past TLPs about having it necro only and would make a pretty big fuss about it.

On phinigel the shaman/druid dots were not revamped though. Both classes now do considerably more damage with their dots so I don't think it's unreasonable to add those 2 classes.

Are you in Faceless also sir? Will have to ask @Zaide about it I guess. I was pretty sure it was a restricted item but the DOT revamp might make it a different situation. Drops quite rarely it seems anyway.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have some help now and they are getting the hang of it.

It helps that I fill a 72 person raid 30 minutes before the start time and I have 20+ replacements stsnding by.

I've kicked and replaced my fair share.

Having the raid formed 15 minutes before is such a huge timesaver. Don't forget the secret to bees is using the disease cure potions on everyone, works really well on Dracoliche as well.

Korillo Korillo They let shamans and druids bid as well in Faceless. We restricted it because shamans and druids are primary healers in raids not DPS classes like Necros. We think raid > individual as min maxers so all of our restrictions were based on what's best for the guild overall.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Are you in Faceless also sir? Will have to ask @Zaide about it I guess. I was pretty sure it was a restricted item but the DOT revamp might make it a different situation. Drops quite rarely it seems anyway.

Ya I'm playing Auri in there. Still pretty casual as I raid on Phinny but I play when I can.

They let shamans and druids bid as well in Faceless. We restricted it because shamans and druids are primary healers in raids not DPS classes like Necros. We think raid > individual as min maxers so all of our restrictions were based on what's best for the guild overall.

Well that's good. I saw they excluded Druids from the vox cloak which was pretty disappointing, so I figured they would exclude them from the BCG as well. Some fights I do have to help heal, but it seems there are a lot of encounters I can dps on. It's also easy for druids to throw in 1 dot than go back to healing now if needed, since druids no longer have to stack their magic dots.

But I mean you saw that CT parse. My dot alone did more damage then 75% of the people on that parse. If I had a cloak/bcg I would have been well over 3k. Now I realize this was mostly due to people just doing dumb shit or not paying attention, but it seems the class can still dish out reasonable damage.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I'm playing Auri in there. Still pretty casual as I raid on Phinny but I play when I can.

Well that's good. I saw they excluded Druids from the vox cloak which was pretty disappointing, so I figured they would exclude them from the BCG as well. Some fights I do have to help heal, but it seems there are a lot of encounters I can dps on. It's also easy for druids to throw in 1 dot than go back to healing now if needed, since druids no longer have to stack their magic dots.

But I mean you saw that CT parse. My dot alone did more damage then 75% of the people on that parse. If I had a cloak/bcg I would have been well over 3k. Now I realize this was mostly due to people just doing dumb shit or not paying attention, but it seems the class can still dish out reasonable damage.

Druids parse high as hell when they go all out. I mean we had shamans top the Vox parse in classic (Synial) when they setup to DPS. The thing is when druids and shamans heal the 20 melee DPS so they can stand in AE's over 1-2 people DPSing its very one sided which gains the guild more dps overall.

I'm sure you're well aware but basically we all post our ideas on what should be restricted about a month prior. We then all opine on who and why it should be restricted and then take an overall vote. BCG was one of those items I think we really got right, 99% of the time its giving the guild the most lift on a Necro through early Velious. The paradigm on Phinigel is very different with it being a raiding server versus this one with absolutely 0 competition and a super casual / inexperienced player base. Our forums are filled with theorycrafting and insane parses like this one about negative checks while people on Agnarr are talking about dex being good for dps and all kinds of autistic math and gearing choices.

YQal7y4.jpg

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Ya I am forced to mostly heal on naggy/vox/the sky mobs that rain unless I'm in like a caster group or something, and even then they still take damage usually.

I don't disagree if I had to do classic again and make those decisions I would probably restrict it to necro, or let them bid full and shamans/druids bid like half or something. Idk. It would be worth considering something. That being said literally every necro we had from classic quit the game or main-changed (insert salty emoticon here). So that was disappointing.

On the other side, I can see the opinion that it's a pop locked server with basically 0 competition so why not just let people bid what they want.

And yes, Bobby does work. Although I do recall people making the same arguments in classic on Phinny as they do over here. Hell I sold one of those guano harvester dex cloaks for 5 krono on Phinny because people were going nuts over dex. Idk what to tell ya man.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Raster spawned for a monk in the guild less than a 1minute before the server crashed.

I lol'd

Also looks like some scum from Red have formed a RMT Farm guild called trucidation on agnarr.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Raster spawned for a monk in the guild less than a 1minute before the server crashed.

I lol'd

Also looks like some scum from Red have formed a RMT Farm guild called trucidation on agnarr.
Hmm I raided fear with them before, got lotsa nice gear from them. Invited me to their guild too but declined.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Dat Envenomed Bolt is pretty ridiculous even with just a Serpentine Bracer. I use the Blight hammer and Envenomed Bolt a lot now and just wreck stuff.

Question on the White Dragonscale Cloak. For the enhanced dmg focus. Does it work for every DOT tick or just DD?

Yeah lol, I had an ench mage box group and had 2 necros 1 druid beat me, was like da fuk, of course couldnt use charm pet cause every wanker dispels them, couldnt even get that senior guide lastnight to come help against dispel and fearing my dispelled pet/adds. Now I'm making 5 necros 1 shaman, and just the 5 poison bolts rape face its ridiculously OP. With clarity at low levels can spam poison bolt once per necro and never go oom so yeaaah buddy!

And yeah druid dots got buffed too. If they buff fire necro dots then its game over necros #1!

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I am forced to mostly heal on naggy/vox/the sky mobs that rain unless I'm in like a caster group or something, and even then they still take damage usually.

I don't disagree if I had to do classic again and make those decisions I would probably restrict it to necro, or let them bid full and shamans/druids bid like half or something. Idk. It would be worth considering something. That being said literally every necro we had from classic quit the game or main-changed (insert salty emoticon here). So that was disappointing.

On the other side, I can see the opinion that it's a pop locked server with basically 0 competition so why not just let people bid what they want.

And yes, Bobby does work. Although I do recall people making the same arguments in classic on Phinny as they do over here. Hell I sold one of those guano harvester dex cloaks for 5 krono on Phinny because people were going nuts over dex. Idk what to tell ya man.

Honestly when we reform for the next TLP besides ultra rare items like the BCG, Tunare's belt, or Abashi's I think most of the restricted items should just be done away with completely. I think we argued about Feshlak's boots for like 3 weeks and I acted pretty childish when we were parlaying about it only to have like 30+ drop for us when all was said and done. The only other thing I would probably protect next time besides the ultra rare stuff is common sense shit like BoC's and things shit classes wanted so they could RMT. Our system of letting only 50% + attendance people bid on end game boss loot for the first 1/2 of the expac is perfect. It stops fair weather raiders or people who only raid at the start from looting insane items and disappearing. We've definitely learned a ton from our mistakes on Phinigel and continue to keep learning =)

@a_skeleton_02 That's the clown guild that's always dispelling my charm pets. I went up to Hate with a charmed Kirakeui and the second they ported up they just chain dispelled my pets and I was boxing only 3. Seems on par though for a p99 guild who cant really play well and is disorganized.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah lol, I had a mage box group and had 2 necros 1 druid beat me, was like da fuk. Now I'm making 5 necros 1 shaman, and just the 5 poison bolts rape face its ridiculously OP. With clarity at low levels can spam poison bolt once per necro and never go oom so yeaaah buddy!

At the constant KS fest that is Hill Giants. I continuously win vs anything but Necro when they try to take what is mine. Necro has to Nuke+DOT in order to take it even then. They spawn so fast I don't see the point of that so whatever.

The drama is still priceless. When an enchanter brings one of the rape creature sin Rathe up there to monopolize the spawns I make sure to buff it with haste and resist magic and the works so that Resist magic is farther down the line of dispells.. It eventually kills them... every time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
At the constant KS fest that is Hill Giants. I continuously win vs anything but Necro when they try to take what is mine. Necro has to Nuke+DOT in order to take it even then. They spawn so fast I don't see the point of that so whatever.

The drama is still priceless.
Lawls I'll have to check it out when I get my jboots. I imagine theres lot of picks tho eh

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lawls I'll have to check it out when I get my jboots. I imagine theres lot of picks tho eh

Nope. There is only ever one pick whenever I am up there. As an ogre its a quick hop from my Origin so its pretty convenient.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
are there 6 boxers there? on phinigel whenever the 6 boxers would roll into HGs and ks everyone the forums went nuts, but they didnt make a habit of going there.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
are there 6 boxers there? on phinigel whenever the 6 boxers would roll into HGs and ks everyone the forums went nuts, but they didnt make a habit of going there.

No. The rule pretty much explicitly say you can't monopolize all spawns rather than defining killstealing. A Mage box group is completely designed to AFK farm with limitless sustain and never has to move. So they don't really go there. I've only seen one box of 3 group but they cant just AFK pet farm with necros and shamans there at all.

Probably a net loss so they don't bother. The giants spawn insanely fast though. I make at least 1k a morning passively farming stuff with a single box shaman as like my morning chore.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Honestly when we reform for the next TLP besides ultra rare items like the BCG, Tunare's belt, or Abashi's I think most of the restricted items should just be done away with completely. I think we argued about Feshlak's boots for like 3 weeks and I acted pretty childish when we were parlaying about it only to have like 30+ drop for us when all was said and done. The only other thing I would probably protect next time besides the ultra rare stuff is common sense shit like BoC's and things shit classes wanted so they could RMT. Our system of letting only 50% + attendance people bid on end game boss loot for the first 1/2 of the expac is perfect. It stops fair weather raiders or people who only raid at the start from looting insane items and disappearing. We've definitely learned a ton from our mistakes on Phinigel and continue to keep learning =)

@a_skeleton_02 That's the clown guild that's always dispelling my charm pets. I went up to Hate with a charmed Kirakeui and the second they ported up they just chain dispelled my pets and I was boxing only 3. Seems on par though for a p99 guild who cant really play well and is disorganized.

Had some bard named midcity KS a clerics Grimrot then try and sell them the Wrong quest item for Krono then when I called him out he tried to say he would MQ the first one but he was trying to get our cleric to hand in his pieces just to fuck him over.

Entire guild is filled with junkies