Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
No matter what they do with other servers Agnarr will be a ghost town within 12 weeks of PoP launching. People don't understand how little replay value PoP has.

I'd say the same about any era of EQ to be honest, that's why I don't really understand why 1,000 autists at a time are still playing on p99. If I had to guess there will be some level of permanent population on Agnarr mostly made up of survivors of Al'Kabor server--which did stay PoP locked for like 12 years and had a community of active players. So that being said while I certainly won't be there, I wouldn't be shocked if Agnarr continues at some level like these other perma-locked servers have (one an official Mac server, the other an emu.)

I'd say it will have less than Phinigel does now, but more than Vulak/Fippy do. Probably similar to the playerbase of one of the average live servers, but without as many active accounts since live players box much more heavily.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So <My Pants> did a worlds fastest VT run. Can FE match their pace?

giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
P99 had much slower leveling, no pickzones, no instances, mobs spawned slower and dropped less loot.

In 12 weeks of any given expansion on Agnarr almost every guild is as geared as the top guild on P99 would be after double the duration. Nevermind the competition on P99 splitting the already smaller loot pool between far more players.

Also p99 has the ultimate incentive for true degenerates, it's free.

I didn't catch the VT stream but didn't it devolve into my pants spending like an hour per boss and not clearing the zone? Not even knocking them but just wondering about the facts.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I didn't catch the VT stream but didn't it devolve into my pants spending like an hour per boss and not clearing the zone? Not even knocking them but just wondering about the facts.

I think we killed 6 bosses with the last one going down with like 5 minutes left in the DZ. I think we could have killed 7 or 8 if people were paying more attention and avoided unnecessary deaths and wipes. We should have some more alts that will be keyed by next week so we'll have maybe 5-8 more DPS characters.

Also, as far as I can tell, they haven't changed anything in VT on test. I'm hearing that others who are checking it out are finding the same thing, so who knows what the devs are doing.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Well even though I've never been to VT, and may not ever.... I hope they're not actually making you guys kill the trash... GD, makes me never want to see VT. I can barely handle self porting a box to GD, to self coh up to my self velks box aa farm group....

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
You have 14 Days. If after that time the Vex Thal is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where trash can't be kited. EVEN if past this initial moronic trash I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in Vex Thal, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around AFK masturbating while the rest of the raid is clearing trash. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of Emperor Ssraeshza which requires 80 people to be geared and keyed and then to spend hours clearing trash.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular Pantheon fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

What are you even talking about? Are you referring to the possibility of VT bosses and emp being perma rooted so you can't pull them to the zone line? Jesus christ lol.
It's not even close to as bad you make it sound. OGC's first VT raid on phinny for server first Aten, we cleared the entire zone trash from the entrance all the way through the zone, with the exception of some trash from the North and South blobs. Our very last VT raid before PoP released we had a competition between raids, Meko vs myself, where you had to clear the entire zone. No pulling bosses anywhere. We only had like 35-40 people in each raid and it took like 2 hours. If you are complaining about having to kill VT trash, maybe you should just get better at the game or get a better guild? As far as Emp, only one time during the entire expansion did OGC pull emp out of his room, other than that we always cleared the entire zone, including all trash and fought Emp in his room, as did all guilds on phinny to my knowledge. We always split it and did it with about 40-45 people in each raid, it took maybe an hour and half? So since when does it require 80 people? Again, maybe just get better at the game or get a better guild? I never heard guilds on phinny complaining about clearing VT trash or killing emp in his room. Agnarr must have just brought on a new generation of over sensitive powder puff girls.

I think we killed 6 bosses with the last one going down with like 5 minutes left in the DZ. I think we could have killed 7 or 8 if people were paying more attention and avoided unnecessary deaths and wipes. We should have some more alts that will be keyed by next week so we'll have maybe 5-8 more DPS characters.

Also, as far as I can tell, they haven't changed anything in VT on test. I'm hearing that others who are checking it out are finding the same thing, so who knows what the devs are doing.

It's crazy for me to hear that My Pants is struggling in VT, considering Meko and myself perfected speed running that zone. Meko should definitely still know how to do VT fast. Sounds like he just doesn't have enough competent people around him.

• 12Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 13 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
It's crazy for me to hear that My Pants is struggling in VT, considering Meko and myself perfected speed running that zone. Meko should definitely still know how to do VT fast. Sounds like he just doesn't have enough competent people around him.

It's this, we have a handful of competent members that carry a lot of incompetent members. It also hurts us that a lot of our competent members are boxing 2+ characters so it becomes difficult to make on-the-fly calls. I can make some calls but I am not as familiar with the content or have the same level of experience with it.

People who aren't boxing can't follow people when we move, when someone dies and is rezzed they aren't immediately rebuffed unless a competent person is free to do so, people engage too early or are out of position, etc. It's really an efficiency thing and it drives me crazy because I do think we could do things a bit faster or accomplish more if people understood that casual meant, "you don't have to show up to every raid," as opposed to, "you don't have to efficiently fulfill your role". I do think we're better than we used to be, though, and we definitely picked up some people in Velious who are good players.

Edit: I should add I'd rather help people become better at the game instead of being a douche about it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ruhl

Boner Donor
What are you even talking about? Are you referring to the possibility of VT bosses and emp being perma rooted so you can't pull them to the zone line? Jesus christ lol.

The fact that you didn't immediately recognize this rant tells me all that I need to know about you as an EQ vet & as a person in general

• 7Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fact that you didn't immediately recognize this rant tells me all that I need to know about you as an EQ vet & as a person in general

I'm not an EQ vet? Never claimed to be? Have played eq a total of a year and some change if you don't count my time from 99-2001. It's probably not a good idea for 99% of the people here to call themselves an EQ vet when trying to insult me, it just looks bad that someone who has played the game such a small amount of time is so much better than 99% of the "eq vets" here.

If it was a troll post, then sure he got me, as a troll myself I appreciate getting trolled. People bitching about having to clear trash just triggers me.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ruhl

Boner Donor
I'm not an EQ vet? Never claimed to be? Have played eq a total of a year and some change if you don't count my time from 99-2001. It's probably not a good idea for 99% of the people here to call themselves an EQ vet when trying to insult me, it just looks bad that someone who has played the game such a small amount of time is so much better than 99% of the "eq vets" here.

If it was a troll post, then sure he got me, as a troll myself I appreciate getting trolled. People bitching about having to clear trash just triggers me.

Never claimed to be an EQ vet but do a quick google search on "14 days rant" and you might get a better understanding on it

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

It's hard to do VT fast when your guild leader is immobilized. :p

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
You have your answer. Sperg to high function autist is the player base on p99.

I think you'll see that on Agnarr as well. Like by the end of the original Al'Kabor server they'd been doing the same content for like 12+ years. Even without instancing/pickzones and the longer respawns that's about 24 times as long as PoP was ever intended to remain "fresh", so anyone who had been active there probably had many characters fully maxed out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think you'll see that on Agnarr as well. Like by the end of the original Al'Kabor server they'd been doing the same content for like 12+ years. Even without instancing/pickzones and the longer respawns that's about 24 times as long as PoP was ever intended to remain "fresh", so anyone who had been active there probably had many characters fully maxed out.

Yeah waiting years for SOE to patch bosses was ridiculous. And by years it was almost a decade.

Rip Eqmac

Last edited:

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm looking forward to being the highest functioning autist around! Full BiS LDoN augs, yo.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Eonan

Doer of Things
How can you post here...on these boards...in an EQ thread no less...and not immediately recognize a 14-days copypasta..

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
@Qenni Any comment on showing up to SSRA with 60 people, losing two mobs and then spending 90 minutes as a corpse while your guildmates lost levels and left w/o loot? If you want we can make this a normal Saturday night tradition.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users