Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
My buddy joined Zardalu and they gave him a BoC as a trial on his second raid with them. He didn't even speak up to roll (obviously) -- someone else said that he was the only warrior without it... brief 15 second pause for officers to consult, then they decided they'd give it to him rather than open the rolling up.

Ironic, since he was ranting a few weeks ago about how every guild on the server is a thiny-veiled RMT market for the loot council. "Oh, no warriors need BoC? Guild bank. To, uh, buy consumables..."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Qenni Any comment on showing up to SSRA with 60 people, losing two mobs and then spending 90 minutes as a corpse while your guildmates lost levels and left w/o loot? If you want we can make this a normal Saturday night tradition.

Drop the juicy deets for us.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
My buddy joined Zardalu and they gave him a BoC as a trial on his second raid with them. He didn't even speak up to roll (obviously) -- someone else said that he was the only warrior without it... brief 15 second pause for officers to consult, then they decided they'd give it to him rather than open the rolling up.

Ironic, since he was ranting a few weeks ago about how every guild on the server is a thiny-veiled RMT market for the loot council. "Oh, no warriors need BoC? Guild bank. To, uh, buy consumables..."

We wait 14 days before giving recruits droppables. Since the entire loot council is "new" to TLPs and have zero plans on playing EQ after Agnarr we try to keep out guild bank as low as possible. We bought a shitload of droppables before luclin like aons and shit and we would randomly pop in at a shard camp and have guildies /random for items as a insentive to farm keys.

Guess that's why we killed AHR so quick.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Oh and we usually ensure no one in the Loot Council receives items off the first kill of a big boss.

Actually LC hasn't gotten anything off the first two AHR kills.

xeg_is

Golden Knight of the Realm
@Qenni Any comment on showing up to SSRA with 60 people, losing two mobs and then spending 90 minutes as a corpse while your guildmates lost levels and left w/o loot? If you want we can make this a normal Saturday night tradition.

Who left with the loot?

Wynn

Not that we're aware of a_skeleton_02. We did kill Emperor OW in his room on Sunday but not because we thought he was leashed yet, we just did it because we've keyed for it and wanted to be ready for when it's mandatory. We don't do Ssra instance until Thurs so won't know til then for sure.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Not that we're aware of a_skeleton_02. We did kill Emperor OW in his room on Sunday but not because we thought he was leashed yet, we just did it because we've keyed for it and wanted to be ready for when it's mandatory. We don't do Ssra instance until Thurs so won't know til then for sure.

Just tried, got successful taunts the warrior gets agro for a moment then drops it. Mob doesn't even target him. We then had someone tank blood with all our healers spamming heals on him and the same thing happened.

Wynn

Who left with the loot?

Faceless got the kill on all three mobs in the Cursed cycle. Our members all had a lot of fun and there's no hard feelings toward FoR. There was a perception at the time they were just griefing us when they resorted to mass training instead of DPS racing, but it ends up the training was really started by some group of third-tier beta males upset because they play on Agnarr and can't do any raids. Faceless/FoR both assumed the other guild started the train war and started retaliatory training after that. It was all in good fun but if any FoR dudes are upset by our actions understand we were just looking to DPS race until we thought you guys trained a bunch of shit on us, now that we know the truth I don't view it as a big deal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
We lost all the loot we got but still have the loot lockouts :(

Good luck on that OW emp that's about to go down my dude

Wynn

That happened to us once (thankfully on test server) when we were prepping for Velious. Popped a Kael instance on test, server crashed maybe 15 minutes into it, ate a long replay timer and didn't get to finish testing :(.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What are you even talking about? Are you referring to the possibility of VT bosses and emp being perma rooted so you can't pull them to the zone line? Jesus christ lol.
It's not even close to as bad you make it sound. OGC's first VT raid on phinny for server first Aten, we cleared the entire zone trash from the entrance all the way through the zone, with the exception of some trash from the North and South blobs. Our very last VT raid before PoP released we had a competition between raids, Meko vs myself, where you had to clear the entire zone. No pulling bosses anywhere. We only had like 35-40 people in each raid and it took like 2 hours. If you are complaining about having to kill VT trash, maybe you should just get better at the game or get a better guild? As far as Emp, only one time during the entire expansion did OGC pull emp out of his room, other than that we always cleared the entire zone, including all trash and fought Emp in his room, as did all guilds on phinny to my knowledge. We always split it and did it with about 40-45 people in each raid, it took maybe an hour and half? So since when does it require 80 people? Again, maybe just get better at the game or get a better guild? I never heard guilds on phinny complaining about clearing VT trash or killing emp in his room. Agnarr must have just brought on a new generation of over sensitive powder puff girls.

It's almost as if my post put you into a furor.

alx.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else in a lower tier guild that is super pissed off that it's only after the top tier guilds have already full keyed for VT that they decided to fix Emp?